SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers, 8pm ET, ABC, ESPN+

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

IB

Aug 20, 2009
Panthers need to raise their game many notches. Playing tight as a team in the 3rd period is nothing to hang your hat on.

Oilers team game is amazing in this run. They give you nothing 5 on 5 same mentatility as PK. Panthers need to dump puck in and hit, if this does not happen this will be short series

Last edited:

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Rough game for the oilers in game 1. Even if it goes 2-0 Panthers after tonight Edmonton is not in trouble until they lose at home. 2 best players in the world will show up on the score sheet eventually. Also in the oilers favor is the Panthers didn't score any #Legit goals in game 1.
They worked extra hard at raising the legit level at yesterday’s practice.

• Haha
Reactions: Cats711

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Edmonton is going to win easily tonight in my opinion.

Both McDavid and Draisaitl will have a huge game.

The Panthers were obviously very apprehensive and weren't able to contain McDrai in the first game. Now that the Oilers will focus on winning, which was only a secondary objective for them in the game1, everyone should expect that the Panthers will be hemmed in their on zone for the majority of the game.

Oilers dmen are easily superior to that of the Panthers at supporting the fwds in the o-zone so the Panthers have to rely on uncontrolled exits by flipping the puck out of their zone if they even manage to do that. So, yeah, fully agree that this will be an easy win for the Oilers.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Panthers need to raise their game many notches. Playing tight as a team in the 3rd period is nothing to hang your hat on.

Oilers team game is amazing in this run. They give you nothing 5 on 5 same mentatility as PK. Panthers need to dump puck in and hit, if this does not happen this will be short series
Actually it is. Showed the adjusted.

IB

Aug 20, 2009
Actually it is. Showed the adjusted.
Don't get suckered into playing low event hockey, this will not work out for more than a period when defending a lead.

Oilers did this to Vancouver and Dallas, it allows them to protect their achillies heel aka Skinner.

Last edited:

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
You are our biggest good luck charm during these playoffs

For what it's worth my predictions for the western conference these playoffs have been pretty spot-on. I had Edmonton winning from the start, and got every other prediction I made correct except for Dallas (who I knew would be the closest round 1 series, so 50/50 with Vegas).

In the east...yes, i truly thought Tampa had one more run in them and so didn't think Florida would get past them. It was obvious you guys were going to beat Boston though in round 2, and with NYR I figured 50/50, but I prefer NY so was rooting for them.

This is McDavid and Draisaitl's time to shine. I really expect them to take over the final from here.

Reactions: Jean Luc Discard

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
For what it's worth my predictions for the western conference these playoffs have been pretty spot-on. I had Edmonton winning from the start, and got every other prediction I made correct except for Dallas (who I knew would be the closest round 1 series, so 50/50 with Vegas).

In the east...yes, i truly thought Tampa had one more run in them and so didn't think Florida would get past them. It was obvious you guys were going to beat Boston though in round 2, and with NYR I figured 50/50, but I prefer NY so was rooting for them.

This is McDavid and Draisaitl's time to shine. I really expect them to take over the final from here.
You’ve been wrong almost every time!
😆

IB

Aug 20, 2009
Don't get suckered into playing low event hockey, this will not work out for more than a period when defending a lead.

Oilers did this to Vancouver and Dallas, it allows them to protect their achillies heel aka Skinner.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
It’s nice that so many fans of teams who’s season is over still take time out of what I’m sure are their very busy days to spend time thinking about and talking about the Oilers.

We appreciate them giving the Oilers their thought and time, driving interactions on various social media platforms and watching their games.

It really helps drive home the fact for the league that in addition to being one of the highest revenue generating teams in the league they are also one of the most popular, people just love to watch them and talk about them.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018

Enjoy yourselves everywhere except the scoreboard.

those staying longer than tonight’s game might be bummed as the weather is supposed to get crappy for rest of week.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006

In other words, you got the west 6/7 correct, but you f***ed up the east right from the first round.

Extrapolating to the final … you got one team right as a participant. Thereafter you’ve been wrong. Your record is a bit like the oilers.

Cats711

Apr 24, 2022
UK
It’s nice that so many fans of teams who’s season is over still take time out of what I’m sure are their very busy days to spend time thinking about and talking about the Oilers.

We appreciate them giving the Oilers their thought and time, driving interactions on various social media platforms and watching their games.

It really helps drive home the fact for the league that in addition to being one of the highest revenue generating teams in the league they are also one of the most popular, people just love to watch them and talk about them.
It's the final, this is a message board, a main board at that, of course fans of different teams are going talk about it. What do you want them talk about? Their stamp collections?

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
It's the final, this is a message board, a main board at that, of course fans of different teams are going talk about it. What do you want them talk about? Their stamp collections?
Speaking of which, does anyone have the 1820 King George 2 pence stamp in pristine condition. I’m looking to complete my early British monarchs collection.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
In other words, you got the west 6/7 correct, but you f***ed up the east right from the first round.

Extrapolating to the final … you got one team right as a participant. Thereafter you’ve been wrong. Your record is a bit like the oilers.

Yes. I predicted Edmonton to be in the finals, not Florida. I got the East wrong. Still - I bet my overall prediction ratio is better than most people here this year.

I never claimed my predictions were always accurte. It's a few giddy Panther fans who are always quick to respond to me though lol.

All in good fun.

I still say it's all downhill from here for Florida - and am sticking to my Oilers in 5 prediction for the finals.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Reactions: WetcoastOrca

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I’m simply thanking them for their interactions whether it’s here, or on FB, X or any other platforms. Oilers discussion always seems to draw a ton of fan engagement and discussion. Whether it’s positive or negative it makes them one of the most popular and most discussed teams in the league which helps push up things like ad revenue dollars which is good for the leagues pocket book.

It reminds me of athletes like Floyd Mayweather who understood that creating a villain persona and making people hate him was far more profitable because for whatever reason people love to hate. For whatever reason that’s become human nature, and exploiting that can be extremely profitable and extreme profitability and success seem to go hand in hand.

• Haha
Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Artemi Panarin

Aug 3, 2021
Ко́ркино

I agree. It's crazy that fans of other teams are still discussing the Stanley Cup final on a hockey forum.

They should've immediately logged out as soon as their team was eliminated instead of participating in this ongoing Anti-Oiler conspiracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad