Rumor: Sam Girard for forward help [ MOD warning # 274 ]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Maybe that could be true in other situations, the Avs don't leak anything, and Chambers is an idiot, so I don't think there's any underlying plot in this case.

I see a lot of people discrediting this report and although I don't know about this guy's rep, note that Jeff Marek confirmed that the Girard rumors are not something new coming out of Colorado, and apparently it was not a secret that he was being shopped last season, as well.

And Marek isn't an insider, usually he only drops things like that if he's sure.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I honestly think Josh Anderson for Girard is a good trade for both teams. Josh Anderson plays the Bednar game and coached him to a Calder cup. Montreal gets their LHD who also happens to be French Canadian.

Doesn't work, Habs are small up front already and don't seem to be fond of small defenseman. Wouldn't make sense for the Habs.

Reactions: kinghock

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
I honestly think Josh Anderson for Girard is a good trade for both teams. Josh Anderson plays the Bednar game and coached him to a Calder cup. Montreal gets their LHD who also happens to be French Canadian.
Yes. If Colorado's interested, this is the right move for the Habs.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I haven't seen the Avs this year, but Kadri's a point per game so far, do they really need a 2C that bad?

He's pretty hot and cold in his time with the Avs. Even just getting another center capable of playing at a 2C level would benefit the Avs, especially one with term.
Takes the pressure off of the Avs moving forward in relying on or rushing Newhook's development, and the added competition/depth for that middle 6 would be significant.

Also, the Avs are NEVER healthy, so adding a FWD would be great
but
the Avs are NEVER healthy, so losing Girard could be a disaster for the back end this season.

This is why the return from an Avs fan's perspective needs to be impactful for the now.

Reactions: Reparlana

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Montreal's biggest weakness is LD. There are a bunch of holes but this is the biggest one. Their biggest strength is easily on the wings.

Both teams underperforming, I could see a framework for a deal.

Toffoli, Drouin, Anderson, Gallagher, Hoffman. Any interest Avs fans?
Add Caufield and I’m listening. Remove the rest of those names.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta

Habs fans will disagree, but Avs fans will want more. Anderson offers a big body with speed, but he also scores at less than 0.5 ppg in every season except 2018-19. I would argue if he was on a sweet heart contract he’d have a similar value, but I think you put the points together with his contract and the value leans towards the younger player who provides a bit more all around.

Reactions: teoberto

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
I see a lot of people discrediting this report and although I don't know about this guy's rep, note that Jeff Marek confirmed that the Girard rumors are not something new coming out of Colorado, and apparently it was not a secret that he was being shopped last season, as well.

And Marek isn't an insider, usually he only drops things like that if he's sure.

Chambers is the Denver Post hockey writer, who has a long history of being utterly worthless when it comes to anything Avs related. He's semi-competent as the DU Pioneers writer, but is forced to cover the Avs because the Post doesn't have anyone else. He's literally worse than Dater, which is saying something. The fact he might be right in this situation is about as impressive as a broken clock being correct twice per day.

I also wasn't suggesting he's wrong, only that there's no way that Sakic leaked something to Chambers to get the team to play better.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Colorado laugh and hangs up.

Wouldn't even trade Girard alone for Gallagher + Dvorak.

Dvorak is proving to be exactly what some of us said he would be before he was traded to Montreal last summer. He's a god awful #2C who struggles to produce anything offensively at 5 on 5 and he's not good defensively.

Want absolutely nothing to do with him and that contract.

Gallagher might get you the cup, though.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

It's a fairly logical conclusion to gather that they would at least entertain trading him.

But certainly not in the way Chambers suggested(Simply wanting to rid themselves of his cap hit as he put it). And I dont think they're going to trade him unless it's a trade that makes us better elsewhere in the lineup.

So far 90% of the offers in this thread are a flat out joke.

ginovegas

Dec 15, 2009
Montreal
Montreal's biggest weakness is LD. There are a bunch of holes but this is the biggest one. Their biggest strength is easily on the wings.

Both teams underperforming, I could see a framework for a deal.

Toffoli, Drouin, Anderson, Gallagher, Hoffman. Any interest Avs fans?

D you even know the Canadiens needs????

The last thing the Habs need is LD and RW
With Edmunston coming back shortly and Chiarot and Romanov, we are fine on left D.
Pplus we have a ton of LD prospects in Guhle, Harris, Strubble. Norlinder, Fair brother etc
actually 7 of the 8 D in Laval are left handed
We have nothing on RD. A solid puck moving RD would be helpful

And we have a lots of RW in Anderson, Toffoli, Gallagher, Armia and Caufield
what we neeed is better LW and a top6 Center

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
D you even know the Canadiens needs????

The last thing the Habs need is LD and RW
With Edmunston coming back shortly and Chiarot and Romanov, we are fine on left D.
Pplus we have a ton of LD prospects in Guhle, Harris, Strubble. Norlinder, Fair brother etc
actually 7 of the 8 D in Laval are left handed
We have nothing on RD. A solid puck moving RD would be helpful

And we have a lots of RW in Anderson, Toffoli, Gallagher, Armia and Caufield
what we neeed is better LW and a top6 Center

Literally nowhere in my post did I say we need RW. And considering the lack of effort you put into reading my post, I'm not going to bother with you past that.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Josh Anderson can score though, I think a Anderson-Newhook-Burakovsky 2nd line for years to come sound real solid.

Have Kadri play out his contract then move Newhook to 2C next year.
I like Anderson a lot but if we're trading Girard I think we need to focus on getting ourselves a #2C.

Shane Diesel

Jun 8, 2021
Imagine not only thinking this is true, but then having the audacity to call out everyone else as being "out of touch"

:laugh:
Provide me a single metric that proves he isn't a second line center. I won't hold my breath...

This is all just a witch hunt by capricious Avs fans.

:laugh:

Last edited:

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
This would work for BOTH sides:

To Vancity: Girard and 2022 2nd round pick

To Colorado: Pearson, Bowey, Palmu and 2023 4th round pick

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
Avs fans discussing Kadri are as out of touch as it gets. Good for a solid laugh though.

Anyone saying he isn't a solid second line center are just hurt and lashing out from the playoff exit last season. Have to have that scapegoat to soothe the hurt.

Kadri is an above average center at best, and would perform extremely well on the 3rd line. He is too streaky and too suspended to go into that top 10-15 tier of 2nd line centerman.

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
As a Habs fan,i am not interested in Losing Anderson for Girard .Edmundson is coming back and we have Romanov,Norlinder,Harris,Guhle,Struble and Fairbrother on the left side....Maybe if Girard was taller but he is 5'9''....

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Bleeker

Mar 6, 2011
Middle Earth
Bergevin should be all over this. Habs desperately need a top-4 puck moving defenseman.
I would offer any of Drouin, toffoli, Armia + pick if necessary

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad