Rumor: Sam Girard for forward help [ MOD warning # 274 ]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I wonder sometimes, if teams leak this kind of info just to light a fire under the player or the team. Last night shows maybe that it might be for real. Great game from the Avs and Girard led in plus minus and with 2 assists

Reactions: YP44

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
I wonder sometimes, if teams leak this kind of info just to light a fire under the player or the team. Last night shows maybe that it might be for real. Great game from the Avs and Girard led in plus minus and with 2 assists

Maybe that could be true in other situations, the Avs don't leak anything, and Chambers is an idiot, so I don't think there's any underlying plot in this case.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Isnt he ppg this season? And a season removed from having 18 points in 15 playoff games? Didnt know Avs fans have soured on him.
He is, yes. I'd be shocked if he kept up this pace for the entire year, though.

As for Avs fans souring on him, it's his antics in the playoffs that did it for me, at least. Throwing an extremely dirty and totally unnecessary hit during the first round and getting suspended for the entirety of the second round really torpedoed the Avs' chances against Vegas and doesn't sit well with me. Instead of playing with an edge, he decided to play way over the line, and getting someone who isn't prone to idiotic mistakes like that when they're needed the most would be preferable.

Reactions: Bender

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
He is, yes. I'd be shocked if he kept up this pace for the entire year, though.

As for Avs fans souring on him, it's his antics in the playoffs that did it for me, at least. Throwing an extremely dirty and totally unnecessary hit during the first round and getting suspended for the entirety of the second round really torpedoed the Avs' chances against Vegas and doesn't sit well with me. Instead of playing with an edge, he decided to play way over the line, and getting someone who isn't prone to idiotic mistakes like that when they're needed the most would be preferable.

I'm on the other side here. I didn't have any issue with his attempt to put a shoulder into Faulk, even though he mistimed it and caught him in the chin. It's the playoffs, you better be playing right at that edge or you aren't trying hard enough. I would have been much more upset if he just let Faulk walk down the slot without doing anything. The issue I had with it was the league deciding to make an example of Kadri as a repeat offender and giving him 8 games for a hit that only deserved maybe 2.

I do agree that he's unlikely to keep up this pace, but I'm struggling with the idea of replacing him this season because he is off to a good start. Why not let him keep doing what he's doing? I do think that this is probably his last season here, and we will need a new 2C for next season, but there's no reason to do anything about that today. We have some time and a lot can happen over the course of a season.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I honestly think Josh Anderson for Girard is a good trade for both teams. Josh Anderson plays the Bednar game and coached him to a Calder cup. Montreal gets their LHD who also happens to be French Canadian.

Seems an inefficient way just to push Nuke down to the 3rd line.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Isnt he ppg this season? And a season removed from having 18 points in 15 playoff games? Didnt know Avs fans have soured on him.

Kadri struggled badly last season. He had 32 points in 56 games, but consider that he only had 8 points in his final 29 games. Then came the now infamous playoff hit and suspension.

Through 11 games, Kadri looks like he's in the midst of a rebound season, but he's a very streaky player so you never know. And his defensive game is so poor that he's individually been responsible for 2-3 goals against this year, basically off-setting the 3 goals he has scored.

I am honestly surprised Sakic didn't trade him last off-season. I don't think there's any way he is re-signed in the summer.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
I'm on the other side here. I didn't have any issue with his attempt to put a shoulder into Faulk, even though he mistimed it and caught him in the chin. It's the playoffs, you better be playing right at that edge or you aren't trying hard enough. I would have been much more upset if he just let Faulk walk down the slot without doing anything. The issue I had with it was the league deciding to make an example of Kadri as a repeat offender and giving him 8 games for a hit that only deserved maybe 2.

I do agree that he's unlikely to keep up this pace, but I'm struggling with the idea of replacing him this season because he is off to a good start. Why not let him keep doing what he's doing? I do think that this is probably his last season here, and we will need a new 2C for next season, but there's no reason to do anything about that today. We have some time and a lot can happen over the course of a season.
I agree that Kadri needs to be physical, especially in the playoffs, but he has to know when to be physical and that moment was the wrong moment to throw a big hit. He also knows he has a reputation and that he'll hurt the team by doing anything stupid but he threw that hit anyway. The suspension was deserved, in my opinion.

I'm not advocating for trading Kadri, or anything. More than anything, I'm advocating for someone to push him down a line and to act as insurance for when Naz inevitably does some stupid shit in the postseason. It'd also be wise to get his eventual replacement in place during the season to allow that player to get used to the team and the system, and G is our most valuable trade asset (given Bo isn't out for an extended period of time).

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Seems an inefficient way just to push Nuke down to the 3rd line.
Josh Anderson can score though, I think a Anderson-Newhook-Burakovsky 2nd line for years to come sound real solid.

Have Kadri play out his contract then move Newhook to 2C next year.

Shane Diesel

Jun 8, 2021
Avs fans discussing Kadri are as out of touch as it gets. Good for a solid laugh though.

Anyone saying he isn't a solid second line center are just hurt and lashing out from the playoff exit last season. Have to have that scapegoat to soothe the hurt.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Josh Anderson can score though, I think a Anderson-Newhook-Burakovsky 2nd line for years to come sound real solid.

Have Kadri play out his contract then move Newhook to 2C next year.

I'm assuming we are basing Anderson's scoring prowess on the 18-19 season? I'll admit he's an upgrade in scoring from Nuke, but help from the middle is what the Avs need most IMO. Pushing Compher to wing is not as difficult as being forced to play him on line 1 for a month due to lack of better options

Moving Girard now for anything other than center help (or an extreme overpay) at this point is a mistake IMO

Reactions: missionAvs

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I honestly think Josh Anderson for Girard is a good trade for both teams. Josh Anderson plays the Bednar game and coached him to a Calder cup. Montreal gets their LHD who also happens to be French Canadian.
I know a lot of my fellow habs fan who'd do it. Personnally I wouldn't. I think we might have our own version of Girard coming in real soon in Jordan Harris, unless he wants to sign elsewhere. We don't really have anything that ressembles Anderson and his sand paper is really needed.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Avs fans discussing Kadri are as out of touch as it gets. Good for a solid laugh though.

Anyone saying he isn't a solid second line center are just hurt and lashing out from the playoff exit last season. Have to have that scapegoat to soothe the hurt.

Imagine not only thinking this is true, but then having the audacity to call out everyone else as being "out of touch"

:laugh:

zodiacbiller

Sep 7, 2021
Mike Chambers is not a reliable source of information on any topic.

That said, the Avs need a 2C in the worst way. I'd be very surprised if G were moved for a winger of any caliber.

I haven't seen the Avs this year, but Kadri's a point per game so far, do they really need a 2C that bad?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad