Player Discussion Sam "Dikembe" Montembeault

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RealityHurts

Feb 24, 2020
I want a high pick. Believe me. But our goalies aren't going to steal games every night. This team is still lacking in some spots. Trading away a potentially solid young goalie for peanuts would be a waste. Just wait until injuries creep in because they don't have the depth in Laval to cover. Once that happens, things will go downhill.
What if this is the new norm for montembeault

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
He's easily replaceable. Trade rn imo. We don't need a single additional win. It f***s up our future
He should be treated as any other Hab. After Allen what do we have? Primeau hasn't proven he can be a backup let alone a starter. You move players with no place in the team's future, there are a few of them. This year's team won't be close to a playoff spot no matter how well he plays, don't be fooled by early results.

RealityHurts

Feb 24, 2020
He should be treated as any other Hab. After Allen what do we have? Primeau hasn't proven he can be a backup let alone a starter. You move players with no place in the team's future, there are a few of them. This year's team won't be close to a playoff spot no matter how well he plays, don't be fooled by early results.
It also won't get any of the top 4 generational picks. It should aim for it

RealityHurts

Feb 24, 2020
He is a waiver claim making 1 mil, don't know how we could get lower for a backup, lol.
Sure, trade him for a fourth or fifth pick, that will really help.:sarcasm:
Yes, or waiver him for all I care. Losing a top 5 pick to keep montembeault is lacking vision

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
What if this is the new norm for montembeault
Then good. Goalie of the future?
look, The team is what it is. It'll take time for Monty to establish himself just like it'll take time for them to build a playoff team. Monty can play well, but injuries will happen and they don't have the depth and talent to make up for it. I'm hoping for a top 5 pick at least, but they'd have to give up much more than Monty to secure that I think. They tanked in the wrong year.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Didn't watch all of last game, but what I did see he made some nice saves again. With some confidence and the team playing better, this might be him.

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
He'll come back down to Earth sooner than later, but I'm happy for him playing well right now. Worry about trading him at the deadline if need be.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
This guy is 6'3 WHATTTT????

I thought he was 5'11 at best. Why does he look so small?

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
It’s not what we can get for him, it’s how low we can fall in the standings without him.

Though I expect him to revert to his usual 3rd string performances soon enough.
This crusade to send Monty out of Mtl is really unfair. It's just to make the team lose and it's because he is doing well. That's totally unfair for him and contrary with the sportsmanship of a pro team. That's disgusting and unprofessional. That's the opposite of rewarding a good performance.

What kind of message it sends to the players and the fans?
And you know what, folks who want that kind of practice? It doesn't work.
It's cheating, it's unfair and it create a losing mentality that stays for decades and decades. It creates a curse. It's even worse than the Toronto curse.
At least Toronto doesn't go that low. And I hate Toronto Leafs. But I keep a minimum of respect for that team because I'm not aware of that kind of tactic.

By chance Hughes is not that kind of person. I beleive he take the good decisions for the team.
Like I wrote previously, Monty is a rare good goalie in the right age and a brillant future, even if that's too soon to say. If Habs wants to loose they just have to play Dadonov, Shueneman, Drouin and Hoffman a lot. But they don't, because they try to win every game like honest and professionals they are.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
This crusade to send Monty out of Mtl is really unfair. It's just to make the team lose and it's because he is doing well. That's totally unfair for him and contrary with the sportsmanship of a pro team. That's disgusting and unprofessional. That's the opposite of rewarding a good performance.

It's cheating, it's unfair and it create a losing mentality that stays for decades and decades. It creates a curse. It's even worse than the Toronto curse.
At least Toronto doesn't go that low. And I hate Toronto Leafs. But I keep a minimum of respect for that team because I'm not aware of that kind of tactic.

By chance Hughes is not that kind of person. I beleive he take the good decisions for the team.
Like I wrote previously, Monty is a rare good goalie in the right age and a brillant future, even if that's too soon to say. If Habs wants to loose they just have to play Dadonov, Shueneman, Drouin and Hoffman a lot. But they don't, because they try to win every game like honest and professionals they are.
1. Never said I want to ship him out. Just saying he's keeping us higher in the standings than we need to be if we do want a competitive team for years to come.
2. I fail to see how hypothetically trading him to a contender because he's playing good and they want him to help them win would be unfair to him. Unless being on a losing Habs team is more valuable than a Cup to him. Which is a possibility.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas

I don't watch a game hoping my team loses.
Kids who dedicated their lives to making it to this level will compete hard every game.

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
1. Never said I want to ship him out. Just saying he's keeping us higher in the standings than we need to be if we do want a competitive team for years to come.
2. I fail to see how hypothetically trading him to a contender because he's playing good and they want him to help them win would be unfair to him. Unless being on a losing Habs team is more valuable than a Cup to him. Which is a possibility.
Teams and players don't think this way, they want to win, period.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yes, or waiver him for all I care. Losing a top 5 pick to keep montembeault is lacking vision

Reality is going to hurt you after you come to grips that MSL and the players don't have bottom 5 finish on their minds.

Monty is not the sole reason why we won't get a top 5 spot. Come on man. That's like saying it didn't matter what Suzuki/Caufield with Danault and also with a strong top 4D in front of Price matters. It was all Price. Complete BS. This is a team game. It's not the NBA

He deserves the start tomorrow at a minimum.

Allen is struggling too much.

I think MSL is the type to coach everyone and get them engaged but he also the type to reward good performances.

I'd steer clear of dumping on Allen but I'm sure Allen understands if Monty gets a few more starts in the next week or two.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad