Salary Cap: Salary Cap & Roster Building | Yeah, I got nuthin' ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Yeah, having discussions with those folks is migraine inducing. It's one thing to evaluate players using all tools available, including analytics. It's another when some of these HF posters use nothing but analytics.

It's amazing how 31 teams, all of which seem to have their own analytics staff, have left a guy like Franson on the free agent list this long. HF would have you believe he's a Norris trophy darkhorse just waiting to be scooped up.

Chris Thorburn got a two year deal. NHL GMs are just as idiotic as HF posters sometimes
Es.

SCPens

Feb 9, 2008
Chris Thorburn got a two year deal. NHL GMs are just as idiotic as HF posters sometimes
Es.

Because Thorbrun serves a purpose on the bench and on the ice that analytics can't measure. So let me alter what you said above, NHL GMs are just as idiotic as SOME HF posters sometimes...

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Yeah, having discussions with those folks is migraine inducing. It's one thing to evaluate players using all tools available, including analytics. It's another when some of these HF posters use nothing but analytics.

It's amazing how 31 teams, all of which seem to have their own analytics staff, have left a guy like Franson on the free agent list this long. HF would have you believe he's a Norris trophy darkhorse just waiting to be scooped up.

When I don't know a player well enough (Franson is one), analytics can be useful, but this (from a Penguins fan who used to be the hockeysfuture Dallas prospects guy) is the type of thing that is really, really useful to me

To people like the guy who writes for hockeybuzz, this type of analysis is worthless, but I think it's gold.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
When I don't know a player well enough (Franson is one), analytics can be useful, but this (from a Penguins fan who used to be the hockeysfuture Dallas prospects guy) is the type of thing that is really, really useful to me

To people like the guy who writes for hockeybuzz, this type of analysis is worthless, but I think it's gold.

:laugh: "Hockey IQ of Dion Phaneuf." "Rare save from Reimer."

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

I knew Franson was a dumb hockey player, but god, I didn't know it was that bad. :laugh:

SCPens

Feb 9, 2008
Are you capable of doing anything but defending what any GM does? Because that seems to be your game here :laugh:

I'm just hoping that one day I'm as smart as some of the posters around here who continually challenge each and every move Rutherford makes when all he has done is lead this team to back to back Stanley Cup championships. I know that whole concept is difficult to comprehend but that's all I can do because of my limited knowledge of the game compared to so many of you. :shakehead

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm just hoping that one day I'm as smart as some of the posters around here who continually challenge each and every move Rutherford makes when all he has done is lead this team to back to back Stanley Cup championships. I know that whole concept is difficult to comprehend but that's all I can do because of my limited knowledge of the game compared to so many of you. :shakehead

You just come off super condescending while not being able to come up with your own arguments. Just a FYI. People really aren't going to listen to you, or even engage with you, if you can't come up with your own arguments and you're super condescending/sarcastic towards them, because that's basically all you've done today from what I've read.

https://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2...ley-sheahan-could-be-on-his-way-to-pittsburgh

It sounds like the Red Wings may have found a way to get themselves enough cap space to sign Andreas Athanasiou in the eleventh hour. Multiple sources are confirming rumors that the team has a deal in place that would send forward Riley Sheahan to the Pittsburgh Penguins. Elliotte Friedman is among notable sources that has poked at the Red Wings trade rumor coals in his latest 31 Thoughts column.

This isn't anything new, but this makes it sound like someone in Detroit is confirming this is going to happen too.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA

You are in a thread about salary cap and roster moves. What else would we be discussing in here besides the implications of roster moves?

Also, Chris Thorburn sucks and is 37. The fact he has a contract over Jagr is a jokkkkkke.

SCPens

Feb 9, 2008
You just come off super condescending while not being able to come up with your own arguments. Just a FYI. People really aren't going to listen to you, or even engage with you, if you can't come up with your own arguments and you're super condescending towards them, because that's basically all you've done today from what I've read.

Oh please, I've backed up a number of my 'arguments'. If you take my honesty as condescending then there's nothing I can do about that. If I can read some of the crap that's being spewed around here you can certainly do your best to tolerate mine. But thanks for the pep talk buddy.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I watched some of Boston's and Detriot's games last night and I have to say....Spooner looked better than Sheahan, and looked like a better fit for our system. He got more OZ time it's true but he still looked faster...

SCPens

Feb 9, 2008
You are in a thread about salary cap and roster moves. What else would we be discussing in here besides the implications of roster moves?

Also, Chris Thorburn sucks and is 37. The fact he has a contract over Jagr is a jokkkkkke.

It's all about need and fit my friend. That's why Thorburn's a Blue....and Jags is unemployed.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Oh please, I've backed up a number of my 'arguments'. If you take my honesty as condescending then there's nothing I can do about that. If I can read some of the crap that's being spewed around here you can certainly do your best to tolerate mine. But thanks for the pep talk buddy.

The only argument I've seen you present on here is "Rutherford is a GM and you're not, so you're wrong and he's right". I don't even disagree with your opinion on Reaves, but you're providing literally nothing for the discussion. That's not "honesty", that's you saying "you're not a GM, so your opinion is worthless". Saying crap like "send in your resume", "or you can just leave" and "save that one for your interview with the Pens GM vacancy" isn't being honest.

BTW, this wasn't a pep talk. It was a friendly suggestion for how you can be a better poster.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

:laugh: Come on, now, pixie. Context.

I doubt very much Jagr's looking for the same low salary, or role, that Thorburn was signed for. Jagr not being signed right now has zero to do with a guy like Thorburn being more desirable to a team.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
:laugh: Come on, now, pixie. Context.

I doubt very much Jagr's looking for the same low salary, or role, that Thorburn was signed for. Jagr not being signed right now has zero to do with a guy like Thorburn being more desirable to a team.

I can't really disagree with him on this one, to be honest. Thornburn is a ****ing awful player. Like he doesn't even deserve a contract. Salary, role and such plays a part in it, but Thornton having a contract is a lot more criminal than Jagr not having a contract.

SCPens

Feb 9, 2008
The only argument I've seen you present on here is "Rutherford is a GM and you're not, so you're wrong and he's right". I don't even disagree with your opinion on Reaves, but you're providing literally nothing for the discussion. That's not "honesty", that's you saying "you're not a GM, so your opinion is worthless".

BTW, this wasn't a pep talk. It was a friendly suggestion for how you can be a better poster.

How I can be a better poster.....REALLY? For the love of God, are you serious?? You mean like you? C'mon brother, I'll argue a point and impart my wisdom when I'm engaged with someone with at least an ounce of intelligence....sadly I feel like I'm fishing in an empty pond.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
How I can be a better poster.....REALLY? For the love of God, are you serious?? You mean like you? C'mon brother, I'll argue a point and impart my wisdom when I'm engaged with someone with at least an ounce of intelligence....sadly I feel like I'm fishing in an empty pond.

If you think you're fishing in an empty pond, why are you even still here? If you think everyone is so below you and just idiots, why even post here? Why not take your gig to Pensburgh where you can just ******* JR all day?

That's a word I'm really sad is blurred out :laugh:

Idk, maybe it's just because I enjoy having discussions here, but I'm not particularly fond of people who are just cheerleaders and can't come up with their own opinions trying to talk down on people actually willing to have a discussion.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA

We are just talking about hockey rosters bro. Nobody is dumb because they disagree on hockey rosters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $5,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium