Speculation: Sabres 1st round pick (11th overall) in play

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I love these sayings…

“Nearly a top 10 pick”
“30th OV basically a 2nd round pick”
“Late 2nd round basically a 3rd pick”

Just call it for what it is.

I mean it's literally nearly a top 10 pick.. not basically.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Is Manson going to be a potential cap casualty for the Avs as well? Could something like Colton + Manson + a pick for Jokiharju + 11th OA work?

If I'm Colorado I'm definitely not banking on Landeskog being back at any point next year, you probably make room for that only when there's certainty.

Unless I'm misreading cap friendly they have about $23 million with Landeskog on LTIR, probably going to be like 11ish between Drouin and Mittlestadt I'd think then idk where they go next
I don't think Manson is leaving this season. He's about the only guy on the Defensive roster who brings an edge and he had a pretty solid year with Girard.

Colorado has to bank on Landeskog coming back, at least early in the offseason. Then as opening day approaches, if he looks like another stint on LTIR is coming, they then go look at making a move.
With Nuke already a huge issue, they can't get caught trying to make room for $13m if the 2 guys end up being available early in the year.

Reactions: Jared Dunn

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Trading Backlund just feels wrong but seems to fit their needs perfectly.

Package with Coleman haha
I think they both would refuse a trade to Buffalo. But yeah, if Calgary wanted to rebuild by adding a lot of quality prospects, that would be a great place to start, and Buffalo should be all over it.

I don't think Manson is leaving this season. He's about the only guy on the Defensive roster who brings an edge and he had a pretty solid year with Girard.

Colorado has to bank on Landeskog coming back, at least early in the offseason. Then as opening day approaches, if he looks like another stint on LTIR is coming, they then go look at making a move.
With Nuke already a huge issue, they can't get caught trying to make room for $13m if the 2 guys end up being available early in the year.
Would be nice for COL is Landeskog is on LTIR until after the deadline every year -- he could be their Stone.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Isnt Pesce a FA? I’d just overpay him by 2M. Then move a LHD for a 3C with experience

Or overpay a bit for a Cirelli / Cernak combo.

Gotta give to get and Sabres won’t be able to use all their young Fs anyways

Reactions: sabresnyper

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
Diff between between 11th and 24 costs much more than colton alone.

If thsts all it took youd see more deals like this.
If you packaged another late first round pick(29) with 24 you'd get to #11 based on trade value charts. I get the whole don't want a package of assets for one thing, but this is just one pick swap with a player. If someone doesn't value Colton enough for a late first round pick that's fine. But this isn't one of those 'here is my pile of stuff' propositions.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Not sure money gets Pesce there. They tried to trade for him last summer per Marek and it didn't get past his no trade list.
I feel like targeting a guy in late prime from the US would be an easier sell. Their kids get to grow up in a real hockey market and dad gets to play with Power or Dahlin

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
I think they both would refuse a trade to Buffalo. But yeah, if Calgary wanted to rebuild by adding a lot of quality prospects, that would be a great place to start, and Buffalo should be all over it.

Would be nice for COL is Landeskog is on LTIR until after the deadline every year -- he could be their Stone.
Landy didn't play at all this year, including playoffs. Not the same thing.

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
As a Buffalo fan, I'd do this and wouldn't need much of a plus.

Makes me wonder -- what is the plan for the Wild? Are they rebuilding?

I just think Rossi isn't a BG type of player honestly. No real reason - but he does seem to be on the outs.

My reason for the proposal - it lets us take a better D prospect earlier than our pick - and gives us a chance at another decent forward prospect. Perhaps BG can take someone with more size - which seems to be his MO.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Buffalo puts 11th overall pick into play to get better NOW.
You propose taking away one of their top scorers for 2 draft picks....

Bold strategy.
It's going to cost to get a top 3 power forward of the Byfield veriety...if ever.

Do you think you can get Byfield for Paterka and 11th? I doubt it. That is what is being offered here with Lindstrome.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
It's going to cost to get a top 3 power forward of the Byfield veriety...if ever.

Do you think you can get Byfield for Paterka and 11th? I doubt it. That is what is being offered here with Lindstrome.

You think you're getting Byfield with Lindstrom and 11?

No because Byfield is years into his development with a clearer picture of what he is actually going to be.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
You think you're getting Byfield with Lindstrom and 11?

No because Byfield is years into his development with a clearer picture of what he is actually going to be.
You are actually arguing my point.

You can only get Lindstrome now, BEFORE he is a proven Byfield. After that, it will take far more then Paterka and 11th. Sure there is the risk, but that is what is factored I to the now vs 3 years later.

Lindstrome would the Eichel replacement.

DemiGod

GoHawks
Jul 20, 2022
To Buffalo:

Connor Murphy RD 4,4x2
Nolan Allan LD
Pick 34
2025 3rd round pick (CHI)

To Chicago:
Pick 11
Jeff Skinner 9x3
Connor Clifton 3,3x2
Peyton Krebs RFA
Anton Wahlberg

**Buffalo releases 12.3 million in contracts and earns 7.9 million to attack FA

I'm ready to receive hate 😂

Reactions: johnnybbadd

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
You are actually arguing my point.

You can only get Lindstrome now, BEFORE he is a proven Byfield. After that, it will take far more then Paterka and 11th. Sure there is the risk, but that is what is factored I to the now vs 3 years later.

Lindstrome would the Eichel replacement.

I'm not arguing your point... you're comparing Byfield to Lindstrom and there is no comparison and you can't just dismiss the risk...

Replacing Eichel with Lindstrom would be ironic... replacing one guy with back problems with another with back problems

To Buffalo:

Connor Murphy RD 4,4x2
Nolan Allan LD
Pick 34

To Chicago:
Pick 11
Jeff Skinner 9x3
Connor Clifton 3,3x2
Peyton Krebs RFA
Anton Wahlberg

Take out the 2nd going to Buffalo and Wahlberg going to Chicago.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
To Buffalo:

Connor Murphy RD 4,4x2
Nolan Allan LD

To Chicago:
Pick 11
Jeff Skinner 9x3
Peyton Krebs RFA

This I would do. I modified it btw

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Talk of getting rid of Skinner. NMC though.

Need 3C. Top 6 winger (maybe). Toughness.

Not trading 11 for mediocre bottom 6.
Do you think Skinner would reject a trade out of Buffalo though? To certain places maybe, but I can't see him digging his heels in and saying he would refuse to play anywhere but Buffalo.

So what's the big hole on Buffalo to fill? 1RD and 3C?

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester

No one asked for Byfield...you are really stringing together a weird self made scenario...

The Sabres need an experience veteran to add to their youth...what is Lindstrom providing here?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad