Speculation: Sabres 1st round pick (11th overall) in play

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
His AAV is very low already for what his role is -- I don't even need retainage, personally. I guess I just don't see the Flames moving him, nor can I see him waiving to come to Buffalo.
I'm interested in retention because he is 33 and has 5 more years on his contract.
(A reason for Calgary not to do it)

A couple of Sabres fans seemed ok with a swap of firsts for Colton. This seems fair to me. Don't want to trade Colton, so this would be contingent on Colorado needing to leave space open for a Nich return. I'd rather they spend to the cap and deal with a trade if the need materializes (nich graduates program and no other injuries have popped up) but who knows what front office is thinking.
Colton will be free after we threaten to offer sheet Mittelstadt.

:sarcasm:

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
I proposed Kadri at 50% in some thread

That's just not realistic.

The price for retaining 17.5M alone is in the ball park of three first round picks based on prior trades - then you have to factor in the acquisition cost of netting a 75 point cup winning centermen making 3.5M (under 4% of the cap..)

I just don't see how any middle ground could be found. It would take a massive offer to even consider.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
A couple of Sabres fans seemed ok with a swap of firsts for Colton. This seems fair to me. Don't want to trade Colton, so this would be contingent on Colorado needing to leave space open for a Nich return. I'd rather they spend to the cap and deal with a trade if the need materializes (nich graduates program and no other injuries have popped up) but who knows what front office is thinking.
Doesn't Colorado need to make room for Mittelstadt and Landeskog, even if Nich is done?

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Is Manson going to be a potential cap casualty for the Avs as well? Could something like Colton + Manson + a pick for Jokiharju + 11th OA work?

Doesn't Colorado need to make room for Mittelstadt and Landeskog, even if Nich is done?
If I'm Colorado I'm definitely not banking on Landeskog being back at any point next year, you probably make room for that only when there's certainty.

Unless I'm misreading cap friendly they have about $23 million with Landeskog on LTIR, probably going to be like 11ish between Drouin and Mittlestadt I'd think then idk where they go next

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015
Is Manson going to be a potential cap casualty for the Avs as well? Could something like Colton + Manson + a pick for Jokiharju + 11th OA work?

If I'm Colorado I'm definitely not banking on Landeskog being back at any point next year, you probably make room for that only when there's certainty.

Unless I'm misreading cap friendly they have about $23 million with Landeskog on LTIR, probably going to be like 11ish between Drouin and Mittlestadt I'd think then idk where they go next

So

Colton + Manson + #24 for #11 + Jokiharju + 4th in 25

Reactions: sabresnyper

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006
Josh Norris + B prospect for 11OA.
Lol, not with that contract!

Dont couny on this getting moved outright.

Buffalos needs are 3C which 11th is as n overpayment.

Jokiharju is arbveligiblr but resigning him take them over th h eff ideal money spent on D/G with nobody big coming off
Johnson can be play as 3rd pair

Sam'dahlin
Power'Byram
Johnson-Cifton

I see something more like

11OA+Krebs+jokiharju for their 1stt+3C or bottom 6 winger+ a U24 player.

If its s better player thrn maybe Peterka is traded instead of krebs
11th OA is not an overpayment for a quality 3C.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I wonder if the Habs would/could have a deal for 5th, which would be Lindstrome and 26th for Paterka and 11th?

One is established and possibly generate another top 6 with the 11th pick while the Sabres get a ton of attitude, power forward and a center.

Buffalo fans will scream that is too one sided but on the other hand,. you will NEVER get a developed Lindstrome. Think of the value of Byfield, he will cost 11th AND Paterka and far more...

Reactions: Beige Van

Jimmybarndoor2

Jul 24, 2021
I wonder if the Habs would/could have a deal for 5th, which would be Lindstrome and 26th for Paterka and 11th?

One is established and possibly generate another top 6 with the 11th pick while the Sabres get a ton of attitude, power forward and a center.

Buffalo fans will scream that is too one sided but on the other hand,. you will NEVER get a developed Lindstrome. Think of the value of Byfield, he will cost 11th AND Paterka and far more...
No they dont

Reactions: Chainshot

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Buffalo need a veteran RHD who can eat 20-22 minutes a night consistently more than another draft pick or another young player.

Unfortunately, there’s not many of those available around the league

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester

Buffalo puts 11th overall pick into play to get better NOW.
You propose taking away one of their top scorers for 2 draft picks....

Bold strategy.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Buffalo DOES NOT need any D. Dahlin, Power Samuelson Byram Joker Clifton Ryan Johnson. Where is there space? Center or winger only. Bad team D on a team with poor structure does not mean you need to upgrade your D.

Also please don't bother asking for Peterka. We are not trading our potential 40 goal scorer on a team that struggles to score.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
To Buf - Marco Rossi +

To Min - 11th

What is the plus needed from Min?

Rossi is nice player but he isn't what we need.

And I'm not sure why the Wild would be interested in trading Rossi for a draft pick. They need Centers

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
A 2C can be a 3C on a stacked group. Crosby Malkin Kessel? Lower end 2C for 11 is perfectly acceptable.

I will eat my shorts if the Sabres trade Peterka for anything less than a first line winger.

Likr I said Peterja would br thr player if they were going for a higher salaried player under contract to try and balance out future cap space. Hr isnt being moved for secondary pieces.

I would trade him b eff for I trsde 11OA outright fir a player.
So

Colton + Manson + #24 for #11 + Jokiharju + 4th in 25
Manson isnt as mid pair anymore. Thrn there I'd figure cap spscr problems got Manson hasc3+ yrs left.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

Diff between between 11th and 24 costs much more than colton alone.

If thsts all it took youd see more deals like this.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Smh ruining everyone’s dream of trading their mediocre 3rd liners for a nearly top 10 pick.
I love these sayings…

“Nearly a top 10 pick”
“30th OV basically a 2nd round pick”
“Late 2nd round basically a 3rd pick”

Just call it for what it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad