Speculation: Sabres 1st round pick (11th overall) in play

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Do they want a higher end right shot D than Clifton/Jokiharju? Or are they okay playing 1-2 of Byram/Dahlin/Power/Samuelsson on their off side?

Dahlin's most productive time is on RD. Byram did not look good there, Power has looked okay there (sometimes with Samuelsson). So they probably need a better RD who can PK and handle safety valve parts of the game for their offensive guys to do their thing.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
The moderators should merge this with the Devils thread looking for a goalie for the 10th overall pick because up until now, their supposed crack Hockey Opps department has failed in team construction.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Feel like they could stand for an upgrade on him/a rebalancing with a more physical shutdown type though
That's definitely something they kind of need, but not the most pressing need. A very good center who takes the tough matchups and is good at faceoffs would go a long way for this team, more than anything else. That center would play a ton of minutes under Lindy.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
That's definitely something they kind of need, but not the most pressing need. A very good 3C who takes the tough matchups and is good at faceoffs would go a long way for this team, more than anything else.

An excellent PKing RHD who can be the safe guy in a pairing to allow Dahlin or Byram or Power to range up the ice seems like second on the least of needs. Or a winger who isn't afraid.

Beendair Donedat

Juice Arse 2.0
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Dont couny on this getting moved outright.

Buffalos needs are 3C which 11th is as n overpayment.

Jokiharju is arbveligiblr but resigning him take them over th h eff ideal money spent on D/G with nobody big coming off
Johnson can be play as 3rd pair

Sam'dahlin
Power'Byram
Johnson-Cifton

I see something more like

11OA+Krebs+jokiharju for their 1stt+3C or bottom 6 winger+ a U24 player.

If its s better player thrn maybe Peterka is traded instead of krebs
Edited

Last edited:

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
An excellent PKing RHD who can be the safe guy in a pairing to allow Dahlin or Byram or Power to range up the ice seems like second on the least of needs. Or a winger who isn't afraid.
Well I just think the winger is 10 times more likely since Adams publicly said that's what he's looking for, in addition to center. I've never heard him say he's looking for more defense and I feel he'd have mentioned that when asked if it was something he was spending time looking for.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Dont couny on this getting moved outright.

Buffalos needs are 3C which 11th is as n overpayment.

Jokiharju is arbveligiblr but resigning him take them over th h eff ideal money spent on D/G with nobody big coming off
Johnson can be play as 3rd pair

Sam'dahlin
Power'Byram
Johnson-Cifton

I see something more like

11OA+Krebs+jokiharju for their 1stt+3C or bottom 6 winger+ a U24 player.

If its s better player thrn maybe Peterka is traded instead of krebs
A 2C can be a 3C on a stacked group. Crosby Malkin Kessel? Lower end 2C for 11 is perfectly acceptable.

I will eat my shorts if the Sabres trade Peterka for anything less than a first line winger.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
That's definitely something they kind of need, but not the most pressing need. A very good center who takes the tough matchups and is good at faceoffs would go a long way for this team, more than anything else. That center would play a ton of minutes under Lindy.
Not an exciting name but if they're looking for someone strictly to play as a shutdown center I feel like you could get Faksa for free from Dallas

A 2C can be a 3C on a stacked group. Crosby Malkin Kessel? Lower end 2C for 11 is perfectly acceptable.

I will eat my shorts if the Sabres trade Peterka for anything less than a first line winger.
Kessel was a winger his entire career, 3C was Bonino

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
A two way, RD

Defensive 3c that can slide up the lineup, win some draws and not cost 5 mil

Depending what they do with Skinner, a top 6 winger who can be physical. Doesn't have to drag their knuckles but would prefer them to not shy away from the lightest of contact

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
Crouse for 11th would be fine, but like you say, Utah isn't looking to move players for picks.

I don't think Necas or Paryako are what the Sabres need. They need scoring wingers that play heavy (Crouse is perfect) and a 3C.

Colton and Sturm are players I can see them targeting, but 11th OA is too much for them. Cirelli is another, but Tampa will undoubtedly keep him.

No one is touching a player who's recovering from his third shoulder surgery.
A couple of Sabres fans seemed ok with a swap of firsts for Colton. This seems fair to me. Don't want to trade Colton, so this would be contingent on Colorado needing to leave space open for a Nich return. I'd rather they spend to the cap and deal with a trade if the need materializes (nich graduates program and no other injuries have popped up) but who knows what front office is thinking.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad