Rumor: S.I.: Bruins & Leafs linked to PK Subban

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
No cap even at half retained.. would also push Lilly and Dermott out the door.

If he still had Lindsey Vonn with him, it might be enough for the eye candy just to see her around the rink, but no thanks.

TheHelmet

Feb 10, 2021
Pat Laftonaines Trophy Room
Do it toronto.

Biggest train wreck waiting to happen.

That city would lose it's damn mind once he does one of those stupid pirouette jump cuts while stick handling to infinity and turns it over into a 3-1 the other way

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
What kind of schtick are you trying to do?
Like I'm bout my money and sports sire! I get so excited when talkin bout sports and my favourite team. I LOVE life and sports sire. I know everything thats going on in toronto sire. I invest hard on the team and am a invester. I ain't saying like I don't gamble a lot on sports... like thats whats get me going and excited like I already stated as a real sports knower and follower, but I got connections. Its real interesting to see what toronto for example does this season. I also see the bruins doing real well, they got the great core still and now ullmark finna kill it in there too. That team is tough as nails.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Toronto could definitely use another RHD. But your opinion is appreciated. I mean TOR doesn't need another overpaid player if that's what your saying.
No I'm saying Toronto does not need another defenseman especially one that isn't good at defense. They need a top 6 winger that can score, preferably one with a history of producing on the playoffs. The defense is set, they need to add substance to their thin forward corps.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
posting this from the other thread. there is no need or desire for us to trade subban.

Just a few reminders:

-The Devils have a ton of cap space so we don't need to gain more by trading PK.
-The Devils have little in depth on the right side of the D so we actually can use PK.
-The Devils have already paid PK's signing bonus so his salary for the season is much lower than his cap hit, so trading him wouldn't save much money at all.
-PK actually played pretty well, not $9M defenseman well, but well-enough, so he's not waiver fodder.
EDIT: - It's the final season of his contract, so this isn't a long-term issue at all.

In summation, we don't need to trade him, don't want to trade him, and he's actually not bad, so any talk of trading him with a sweetener is very silly.

Thanks.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
"Boston Hockey Now's Jimmy Murphy cited multiple NHL sources claiming the Bruins looked into what it would take to acquire Subban “on more than one occasion.” Murphy felt the former Norris Trophy winner would be a big-moment player who could anchor the Bruins' power play. Murphy also said the Toronto Maple Leafs have “more than lukewarm interest” in the Toronto native."

Jimmy Murphy?

Definitely not happening then.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Not sure why NJ would have any interest in trading Subban right now, as they don't need the cap space and it would leave a major hole at RD for a team that already added a bunch of vets this offseason (Hamilton, Graves, Tatar & Bernier) and is looking to take the next step.

Could certainly see him being dealt at the TDL if NJ is out of the playoff running, but can't see them pulling the trigger now.

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
Not sure why NJ would have any interest in trading Subban right now, as they don't need the cap space and it would leave a major hole at RD for a team that already added a bunch of vets this offseason (Hamilton, Graves, Tatar & Bernier) and is looking to take the next step.

Could certainly see him being dealt at the TDL if NJ is out of the playoff running, but can't see them pulling the trigger now.

The only reason why I think we’re maybe trying to move Subban is for a potential Tarasenko move to NJ. With that said, we’d also look to add more of a defensive minded RHD to plug on that 3rd pair, to replace PK.

I would love for both things to happen cause it would give us a legit triggerman in our top #6 and the addition of a defensive minded dman would be way more useful then Subban, who’s not really known for his defensive play.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Hahaha. Subban for Tarasenko. Blues either retain some due to 2nd year on the Tarasenko contract. Or add a solid pick.

loosemoose

May 31, 2020
a) Bruins don't have cap space to add 9 million dollar 3rd pairing defenceman
b) Bruins already more than enough veteran defencemen and AHL/NHL tweeners.

Pretty sure this is just clickbait, since Bruins don't have logical reason to be interested in Subban. I guess if NJ retains half, gives Bruins a 2nd round pick and takes John Moore this might make sense?

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
hahaha... would not trade Tarasenko for Subban in any scenario... nothankyouverymuch

I doubt jersey would either. At least Subban plays. 34 games and nine goals over 2 seasons for $15mm. 3 shoulder surgeries. Tarasenkos days as a viable NHL player may be in his rearview mirror. The risk of acquiring Tarasenko is so high.

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
Hahaha. Subban for Tarasenko. Blues either retain some due to 2nd year on the Tarasenko contract. Or add a solid pick.

I didn’t mention a 1 for 1 trade. I just said that if we’re moving a player with a 9M$ cap hit, to wherever, it’s probably to add Tarasenko.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad