Value of: Ryan Strome

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
With Nielsen gone, I'm pretty sure Strome is going nowhere and has his spot as 2nd line C rather than trying to fit in at W. Now, if Barzal or Ho-Sang come in and show NYI that they're capable NHL players that can play top 6 this year, maybe next season you could see Strome moved but that would also require him to not get back to, or exceed, that potential he showed with his 50 pt season 2 years ago.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I see it as CREW99AW does, on page 2 he posted this.

So you are basically taking quotes about this past offseason, and then making wild assumptions trying to connect them to something that happened many years ago? If you are tying to play that off as logic you've failed.

The policy is in place and breaks no rules of the CBA. If the players union felt it was slavery they would/could bring it up in negotiations, but it hasn't been, and if it was it's been shelved. So really not sure what you are trying to get at, but from what I gather:

Wang's policy is world class slavery --> False
Bergenheim caused Nielsen to turn down an extension because of a contract impasse a decade ago (meanwhile Nielsen signed two bargain contracts since then)------> False
Quotes from Nielsen about this season and focusing on Stamkos before Nielsen are directly related to Bergenheim and his impass ----> False

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
I don't necessarily agree with Crew's analysis. They definitely wanted to gauge Stamkos' interest before giving Nielsen an official offer, but I don't think that's what made him sour. I think he wanted to change it up himself, he said the locker room got "too comfortable" and I think he was right. Sucks that he was one of the guys that had to go but it's fine.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
I don't necessarily agree with Crew's analysis. They definitely wanted to gauge Stamkos' interest before giving Nielsen an official offer, but I don't think that's what made him sour. I think he wanted to change it up himself, he said the locker room got "too comfortable" and I think he was right. Sucks that he was one of the guys that had to go but it's fine.

This is completely conjecture on my part, but I just think the Isles were not willing to give him a NMC. I don't think they should have offered one either.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
So you are basically taking quotes about this past offseason, and then making wild assumptions trying to connect them to something that happened many years ago? If you are tying to play that off as logic you've failed.

The policy is in place and breaks no rules of the CBA. If the players union felt it was slavery they would/could bring it up in negotiations, but it hasn't been, and if it was it's been shelved. So really not sure what you are trying to get at, but from what I gather:

Wang's policy is world class slavery --> False
Bergenheim caused Nielsen to turn down an extension because of a contract impasse a decade ago (meanwhile Nielsen signed two bargain contracts since then)------> False
Quotes from Nielsen about this season and focusing on Stamkos before Nielsen are directly related to Bergenheim and his impass ----> False

I've been on record in stating that I actually like the policy. I never understood the point to drag out negotiations into the season. Just make a cut-off date come up with your final offers... get it done or move on accordingly.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Any update on Strome contract? I assume Snow is trying for a longer term deal, Isles tend to do that with most guys. Even if its a bridge deal how hard is that to get together and sign?

Strome all but has the #2C spot I would think. I think he will have a good year, always liked him would love him on the Canucks somehow.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Pacs for Strome, Da Colle and a D at the Trade Deadline (overpay)?? IF the habs were to fail again this year.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Any update on Strome contract? I assume Snow is trying for a longer term deal, Isles tend to do that with most guys. Even if its a bridge deal how hard is that to get together and sign?

Strome all but has the #2C spot I would think. I think he will have a good year, always liked him would love him on the Canucks somehow.

I think the chatter from Staple was that he was expected to get 2 years, around 5 mil? Which seems a bit high after the last year. But my guess is that Snow lowballed him to hell (1 year, 1 mil) and it's just a waiting game now.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

Months before the season ended, the homegrown Nielsen was going on and on In a local interview about how much he enjoyed being an isle, was sure he and Snow could reach an agreement.

Extension talks did not start until the summer. 7-10 days before July 1st, press reported major progress in the extension talks. Earlier , Compton reported that Snow wanted to make Stamkos a huge July 1st offer.

Imo Snow tried dragging out the Nielsen extension so he could first made his Stamkos push.
It backfired when Stamkos did not even get to the ufa market and a pissed off Nielsen , who bled the nyi colors for years, took less $ to leave for Detroit.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Months before the season ended, the homegrown Nielsen was going on and on In a local interview about how much he enjoyed being an isle, was sure he and Snow could reach an agreement.

Extension talks did not start until the summer. 7-10 days before July 1st, press reported major progress in the extension talks. Earlier , Compton reported that Snow wanted to make Stamkos a huge July 1st offer.

Imo Snow tried dragging out the Nielsen extension so he could first made his Stamkos push.
It backfired when Stamkos did not even get to the ufa market and a pissed off Nielsen , who bled the nyi colors for years, took less $ to leave for Detroit.

Speculation

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Speculation

7-10 days before July 1st, press is saying major progress is being made on an extension

Then just a couple days before July 1st,Nielsen who gave the isles a couple of dirt cheap, team friendly contracts, does a 180, decided to leave and accept LESS $ from Detroit.

Nielsen is too classy and too much a pro to come out and say how the front office soured him , on an organization whose colors he'd bled.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad