Value of: Ryan Strome

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
would love him on the Sharks centering our 3rd line. what would it take?

From the Sharks, there's not much interest because the players you won't want to move will be the ones we would want (Hertl, Jones, Pavelski). We're not in a position to sell (i.e. prospects for Strome). We're good enough to compete if we make the right moves.

Essentially, the only player I'd be willing to trade Strome for (and of course add) would be Nikita Kucherov.

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
Backlund could get him from CGY. Get a little younger, higher ceiling.

How is Strome defensively, does he kill penalties at all >?

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
NHL GM's aren't going to give up the type of player(s) necessary to obtain a player high on potential but low on production thus far.

And the Islanders, rightly, aren't going to sell low on Strome. Instead, why don't they stop messing with him.....lock him in at 3C and stay the course.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
From the Sharks, there's not much interest because the players you won't want to move will be the ones we would want (Hertl, Jones, Pavelski). We're not in a position to sell (i.e. prospects for Strome). We're good enough to compete if we make the right moves.

Essentially, the only player I'd be willing to trade Strome for (and of course add) would be Nikita Kucherov.

By the same token the player you won't want to move would be the only one we'd want for Kucherov. Namely, Tavares.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Based off of what teams would be willing to be move in this thread, I doubt NYI would be interested in moving Strome.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Ryan had a pretty bad year last year production wise, but hsi prev year showed he has what it takes to eventually produce, could yet become a 1C. NYI seem to be having some kind of issues getting a contract with him as he is RFA. Any NYI fans know what the issue there is, and what would his value be for the Canucks to acquire?

Juolevi, Hutton, Bo, JV, Boeser, Demko would all be untouchable at this point for our young guys.

It was reported just after this season's playoffs, that Snow had gotten post playoff calls from other GMs asking if Strome was available . Snow quickly shutdown those trade attempts. Isles have no interest in trading the 22/23 yr old.

So. No. Your offers of 2nd tier talent holds no interest.:popcorn:

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Backlund could get him from CGY. Get a little younger, higher ceiling.

How is Strome defensively, does he kill penalties at all >?

No bud. Calgary could NOT get Strome for Backlund. Try offering something that the isles actually covet.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
What would the Isles want from the Habs ? Montréal needs to trade for Strome if available and have him on the second line, dump DD and move Plekanec to the 3rd line. It would be huge.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC

Strome to Kucherov...

That's quite the jump there.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
What would the Isles want from the Habs ? Montréal needs to trade for Strome if available and have him on the second line, dump DD and move Plekanec to the 3rd line. It would be huge.

A very young, nhl scoring forward with 1st line upside.

Kind of like a young Ryan Strome.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY

He was a very similar player to Galchenyuk, before last year when he had a sophomore slump and Alex broke out.

Isles have no reason to move him, and because of the season he had compared to the potential he has they wouldn't get the right value for him.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
And the Islanders, rightly, aren't going to sell low on Strome. Instead, why don't they stop messing with him.....lock him in at 3C and stay the course.

This is 90% of why Nielsen was let go IMO

Right now the center depth is Tavares/Grabovski/Strome/Cizikas.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011

Staple said it's Tavares/Nelson/Strome/Cizikas. He also said Grabovski might not be ready for the start of the season.

Also if Barzal makes the team it will be interesting to see where he lines up.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

Gotta disagree with the idea that Frans Nielsen was ' let go'.
Snow tried stringing Nielsen along because the new majority owners wanted to make a run at Stamkos. I think just 7-10 days before July 1st, it was reported that Snow and Nielsen's rep were making real progress on an extension. Nielsen had said months before how badly he wanted to stay.
Nielsen imo soured on Snow's actions and after TB extended Stamkos,Snow tried turning back to Nielsen who no longer wanted any part of Snow and the isles.

I would not call that the isles letting Nielsen go.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
Nielsen had said months before how badly he wanted to stay.
Nielsen imo soured on Snow's actions and after TB extended Stamkos, Snow tried turning back to Nielsen who no longer wanted any part of Snow and the isles.

New owners want to make Isles a world class destination for players? But this is how Snow does business. Seems there is something wrong.

Snow could play Strome's situation same as he did with Bailey. Bailey didn't sign his qualifier after his ELC expired. His agent then signed a 2 year extension on the last possible day for peanuts. Kind of world class slavery. New owners and nothing has changed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad