Value of: Ryan Strome

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Ryan had a pretty bad year last year production wise, but hsi prev year showed he has what it takes to eventually produce, could yet become a 1C. NYI seem to be having some kind of issues getting a contract with him as he is RFA. Any NYI fans know what the issue there is, and what would his value be for the Canucks to acquire?

Juolevi, Hutton, Bo, JV, Boeser, Demko would all be untouchable at this point for our young guys.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
He's no top six center let alone #1.

Really? so his 2nd season where he put up 17g33a50pts was an anomally in what will be his career? idk why his production dropped off last year, but someone as young as him with his talen could grow from there i would think. What happened?

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Really? so his 2nd season where he put up 17g33a50pts was an anomally in what will be his career? idk why his production dropped off last year, but someone as young as him with his talen could grow from there i would think. What happened?

*Isles lineup required him to play right wing. He was not effective as a right winger.

*Garth Snow was interviewed this summer and stated that Strome's place is as a center.

*No interest in trading Strome at his current HFboards perceived value.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
*Isles lineup required him to play right wing. He was not effective as a right winger.

*Garth Snow was interviewed this summer and stated that Strome's place is as a center.

*No interest in trading Strome at his current HFboards perceived value.

Qhat would be a realistic value based off of his 50pt season, not his previous one?

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Qhat would be a realistic value based off of his 50pt season, not his previous one?

Not sure, to be honest. If Barzal is the real deal at center then I would trade Strome for a similar valued player who is a Right-Handed RW. Or, package him for a proven RH/RW.

dream43

Nov 19, 2013
Just sign him to a 2 year bridge deal and hope he produces at least in 1 of those 2 years. Chances are he will then after that season you can then choose if for long term you want him or Barzel and that is when you trade 1 of them.

Of course you would take a chance in their value dropping further more but it seems more likely that both will produce 1 of the next 2 years and you can make the trade then.

As for now just hold on to them while Strome has low value and Barzel is unproven

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
"I want this player but only for lowball offers" threads rarely work out on hfboards.

Isles have no reason to trade Strome for your 7th best prospect. None. Nada. Zilch.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
With your laundry list of untouchables it ain't gonna happen.

The only real trade for Strome at this point is draft picks and/or xpacdraft ineligible players that don't suck.

If he has another year like last after playing full time center he may win a free trip to Las Vegas.

Lord Alphonse

Mar 1, 2016
Would Rieder interest the Isles? Getting the two Stromes in Arizona together would be cool.

No but Duclair might ... but we aint gona trade him now we will wait who will be better as center him or Barzal and then when Barzal Prove that he could be our number 2 center then we might trade Strome for a RW we need but not now when his price is much lower than it should be ... Strome is a great player and we will trade him only for another great player. Just give him time to prove himself :)

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
Strome has higher value for the Isles, than what he will likely bring back in a trade.

not sure why he isn't signed yet, but maybe they are hammering out a long term deal? obviously an impasse is possible, but i don't think (hope?) that he wants out.

we only have Strome and Clutterbuck as natural righties. what i would hope for, is to make a trade for a top line RWer, using Nelson and deHaan as the main pieces.

Ladd, JT, new RWer, Strome, Leddy, Hamonic, Boychuk, Pulock to be protected.

Lee would be exposed, and it will hurt losing him, but we have many left handed options in the pipeline. Prince, Quine, Kulemin, Bailey and the kids - Dal Colle, Beauvillier, Bellows (possibly Golyshev?)

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
Would Rieder interest the Isles? Getting the two Stromes in Arizona together would be cool.

I really like Rieder. He's a really good player. But we have more LW's than we know what to do with.

Strome has higher value for the Isles, than what he will likely bring back in a trade.

not sure why he isn't signed yet, but maybe they are hammering out a long term deal? obviously an impasse is possible, but i don't think (hope?) that he wants out.

we only have Strome and Clutterbuck as natural righties. what i would hope for, is to make a trade for a top line RWer, using Nelson and deHaan as the main pieces.

Ladd, JT, new RWer, Strome, Leddy, Hamonic, Boychuk, Pulock to be protected.

Lee would be exposed, and it will hurt losing him, but we have many left handed options in the pipeline. Prince, Quine, Kulemin, Bailey and the kids - Dal Colle, Beauvillier, Bellows (possibly Golyshev?)

You forgot about Parenteau.

A 2nd round pick to the Islanders from Vancouver for Strome.

If you had Strome, you wouldn't trade him for a 2nd rounder.

Geez, what is Strome 21-22? If I recall he's starting his 3rd NHL season now? has already put up 51 points in a season too

what am I missing? this kid could be a top 6 easily no?

He needs to put it all together, but yes he can be a top-6 player.

Ryan Strome was always overrated.

Nobody here ever talks about him, he's not even underrated. He's just there.

Martin Hanzal plus some stuff at the deadline once AZ is out of the race, the Isles are gearing up, and Dylan is already established enough that adding Ryan won't mess with his head.

I would consider something around this, because I think Hanzal is very much a player we could use. But with his injuries, this doesn't seem like fair value. I mean, he hasn't played 70 games since 2010.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad