Value of: Ryan Nugent Hopkins to Boston

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Hypothetically, I think the ask would be Carlo+Lysell+high pick after this past season.

Might look quite a bit different if he doesn't replicate that this year.
Boston hears the rumors of the ask from Edmonton so when the phone rings the Bruins let it go to voice mail , as a result any message that confirms the rumor will then be deleted.......

Kamus

Oct 21, 2005
Fun fact:

What do Matthews, Mackinnon and RNH have in common??

All three only have 1 hundred point season.

All jokes aside RNH value is higher for the oilers than teams want to spend.

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
I don't get what Boston could offer to entice Edmonton to let go of RNH. RNH is very important to the Oilers' cap structure and roster make up.

Also, if trying to replace Bergeron, RNH isn't the type of player to do it. Not to beat the Flames drum, but Backlund and Lindholm are stylistically more of the type of guys that play like Bergeron, but even they are only considered lite incomplete versions of him. Plus these guys are more available than RNH.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Hes a low end 2C at best, I dont think it'd be worth it for Boston.

The gaudy point totals from last year might just have something to do with this McJesus fellow he plays with.
Cool. How many folks have actually scored like that alongside McDavid, again? How many have been tried?

It takes skill to produce alongside talent.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
why would edmonton need to call the bruins? the scenario is boston trying to pry a guy with a NMC out of edmonton.

:huh:
Pretty much this. Under no circumstance is Edmonton shopping RNH right now. He's one of a very, very short list of guys that actually took less to stay here, and he 1) did it with max term 2) wanted and got a NMC to remove any chance that he'd be traded and 3) delivered the best season of his career.

Boston would have to be offering the moon for the Oilers to even think about it. This isn't "Edmonton is shopping RNH, what would the Bruins offer" this is "Boston tries to pry RNH out of Edmonton's cold dead hands, how many crowbars are they bringing?"

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
We aren’t moving RNH but in a world where an RNH trade needed to happen I’d want Hampus Lindholm coming back.

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
Hes a low end 2C at best, I dont think it'd be worth it for Boston.

The gaudy point totals from last year might just have something to do with this McJesus fellow he plays with.
Low end? There are 32 teams in the NHL, so a low end #2 would be somewhere along the lines of the 50-64th best centre in the league. I don't think there are 50 better currently playing.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Low end? There are 32 teams in the NHL, so a low end #2 would be somewhere along the lines of the 50-64th best centre in the league. I don't think there are 50 better currently playing.
Nuge might be a low end 1C, I don't think Oilers fans would argue on that (and he's a very, very good LW as well) but low end 2C? Nah.

Hell even around 36th -45th overall in centre scoring you've got names like Strome, Schenn, Mittelstadt, Trocheck... yeah. In no way is RNH a low end 2C.

Reactions: 48g90a138pts

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
why would edmonton need to call the bruins? the scenario is boston trying to pry a guy with a NMC out of edmonton.

:huh:
If Edmonton could get Carlo ,Lysell and a high pick for RNH thats why..............please with that why BS...........

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
If Edmonton could get Carlo ,Lysell and a high pick for RNH thats why..............please with that why BS...........
A #4 defenceman, a guy at least a year away from even making an NHL team, nevermind impacting one, and a 2025 1st at earliest (since Boston's 2024 1st is very likely spoken for since I doubt it will be top ten), does very little for a win-now team. Edmonton really isn't interested in downgrading the current roster in any way.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Don't see him ever leaving to be honest. Especially right now.

He's been through a lot of shit years in Edmonton and signed a very team friendly deal to be here. Don't see him waiving while the team is as good as they are right now.

Now if shit goes sideways and Connor/Leon leave then maybe in a few years he looks to leave

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Maybe mid level would've been a better term to use but this also a guy who never scored 70 points in a full season until this year.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Interesting thought. I think it would depend on a young winger forcing their way into the top 6 with quality results, Nuge is needed there and on the power play until then.

But his contract and his lack of postseason results could make a move possible.

The funny thing is many Oilers fans and media though that Nuge would end up being a two-way center but he's not been utilized as such for the most part in recent years.

Come back and ask next summer.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
A #4 defenceman, a guy at least a year away from even making an NHL team, nevermind impacting one, and a 2025 1st at earliest (since Boston's 2024 1st is very likely spoken for since I doubt it will be top ten), does very little for a win-now team. Edmonton really isn't interested in downgrading the current roster in any way.

You are severely underestimating Carlo but this whole thread just shouldn’t continue. RNH has more value to EDM than anyone else by a fair margin. He works extremely well with McDavid on the PP, he wants to be there, and he proved it with a very team friendly cap hit. Bruins could get a superior center from Calgary for half the price and EDM would never move him for anything close to reasonable. We can all move on to other threads.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
There are prices Edmonton could use to try to win in this window before McDavids new contract in a few seasons.

DeBrusk. Big rugged winger with high motor who drives hard to the net and drives play up ice. Edmonton born. Plays both wings, is rounding into a 30 goal scorer.

Carlo. 6’5” right hand shot, large wing span. Not really physical however very good at getting stick in passing lanes. A defensive dman. Makes the simple plays.

Swayman/ Ullmark. Either immediately become Edmontons top goaltender.

I’m not a huge fan of Nugent Hopkins, he seems a very vanilla player to me. There’s no denying his skill set and favorable cap hit. I’d like to think the Bruins would be looking for 200’ centers (Elias Lindholm), or high end offensive centers who can carry a line. Nuge more of a 2C, and I think Zacha is more than capable of filling that role for the Bruins.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
RNH is worth more to Edmonton then what teams would be willing to give up for him. Prior to last season he was playing at a 65pt pace over his last 3 years. He suddenly jumps to 104pts after never cracking 70pts previously. He had more assist last season then he did points in all but one season for his career. His 38 PP assist were more than his PP assist for the last two years combined. His 37 goals last season came off of an 18.4% shooting % which was 173% of his previously 3yr average. Everything points to last season being an anomaly for RNH and seeing as Edmonton loves him and he loves Edmonton, its just not worth the exploring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad