Value of: Ryan Nugent Hopkins to Boston

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Pretty much this. Under no circumstance is Edmonton shopping RNH right now. He's one of a very, very short list of guys that actually took less to stay here, and he 1) did it with max term 2) wanted and got a NMC to remove any chance that he'd be traded and 3) delivered the best season of his career.

Boston would have to be offering the moon for the Oilers to even think about it. This isn't "Edmonton is shopping RNH, what would the Bruins offer" this is "Boston tries to pry RNH out of Edmonton's cold dead hands, how many crowbars are they bringing?"

Would imagine the Bruins pass easily.

Reactions: bert and Hookslide

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
I feel like it’d take McAvoy or maybe ( hard maybe ) Lindholm for the oilers to take the deal and be like well this just makes our team better. Not sure if Carlo+ would cut it.

But no wat Oilers decline McAvoy for Nuge.

Lindholm for Nuge is probably the closest to fair.

I’m sure Nuge would love to play in Boston.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
I feel like it’d take McAvoy or maybe ( hard maybe ) Lindholm for the oilers to take the deal and be like well this just makes our team better. Not sure if Carlo+ would cut it.

But no wat Oilers decline McAvoy for Nuge.

Lindholm for Nuge is probably the closest to fair.

I’m sure Nuge would love to play in Boston.

Bruins cannot trade #1 defenseman for RNH.

Of course he’s saying no. We’re not talking about Keller who’s stuck in Arizona. Pasta is a downgrade over RNH’s current linemates.

Boston vs Edmonton... one might wonder.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I mean as a neutral person I know what I would choose.

Well considering he took less money to stay and got a full NMC for the length of the deal, I doubt your preference has much impact on the situation.

Stay in Western Canada where he’s lived his whole life, where his friends and family are, where he gets to play with the 2 best players in the world, and where he will be the franchise’s all time games played leader.

Or move to a different country, to play for a team he has no ties to, and isn’t more likely to win a cup.

Bruins cannot trade #1 defenseman for RNH.

Boston vs Edmonton... one might wonder.

One might, but it’s a waste of time to.

Reactions: Ragdoll and capazzo

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
I can't think of a worse player to target in a trade.

1) Cheap contract, so Edmonton is not motivated to move him

2) He wants to stay in Edmonton

3) He's a pretty solid player who just powerplay-assisted his way to 100 points. What you'd have to give up won't be worth the player you're acquiring when McDavid and Draisaitl aren't coming with.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
As an Oiler fan I'd listen to offers for sure, would have to be a nice deal but I would listen.

As has been stated he has a full non move clause think so probably no deal but I'd listen.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
As an Oiler fan I'd listen to offers for sure, would have to be a nice deal but I would listen.

As has been stated he has a full non move clause think so probably no deal but I'd listen.
You absolutely listen to offers, you'd be silly not to listen to offers on ANY player.

People saying he took less to stay in Edmonton kind of overstate the fact it was pure assumption due to how much he wanted to be on the team. He likely took the same amount he would have gotten on the open market over 7 years and just had it dragged out for the 8 year term (He like gets somewhere in the 6s as a UFA).

For Edmonton to make any trade that makes sense they need value for RNH + Boston would likely need to be taking on Campbell at his full cap hit, or a 3rd team is taking on Campbell with little to no assets coming from Edmonton to offset it

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
You absolutely listen to offers, you'd be silly not to listen to offers on ANY player.

People saying he took less to stay in Edmonton kind of overstate the fact it was pure assumption due to how much he wanted to be on the team. He likely took the same amount he would have gotten on the open market over 7 years and just had it dragged out for the 8 year term (He like gets somewhere in the 6s as a UFA).

For Edmonton to make any trade that makes sense they need value for RNH + Boston would likely need to be taking on Campbell at his full cap hit, or a 3rd team is taking on Campbell with little to no assets coming from Edmonton to offset it
Agreed... constantly reading what a big discount he took. I don't think he did. If he was Ufa last summer.. he would've gotten something similar.

Today, after the 100 pt season is a different story but I don't recall one oiler fan saying 100 pts in preseason. Including me.lol

Reactions: Three On Zero

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Lol and what has swayman done other than luck being on a generational regular season team? Rnh just put up 37 goals.
So Swayman's 24-6-4 record with a 2.27 GAA was purely based purely on luck while RNH 's 37 goals were based solely on skill and had nothing to do with the fact that he was almost always on the ice with one or both of the top 2 point leaders last season. :shakehead

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
So Swayman's 24-6-4 record with a 2.27 GAA was purely based purely on luck while RNH 's 37 goals were based solely on skill and had nothing to do with the fact that he was almost always on the ice with one or both of the top 2 point leaders last season. :shakehead
The point is completely moot. We can’t take Swayman back unless you’re taking Campbell, and an unsigned 1B goalie looking for a huge raise is worth a hell of a lot less than RNH is.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
The point is completely moot. We can’t take Swayman back unless you’re taking Campbell, and an unsigned 1B goalie looking for a huge raise is worth a hell of a lot less than RNH is.
And my point was that it's a bit disingenuous to call Swayman's season " lucky " because of the talent around him but not use the same standards with RNH.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Why isn't this locked? Nuge isn't moving anywhere, and nobody is paying what the Oilers would want (top pair defenseman).
Probably because it is a message board where a poster asked a hypothetical question about a player, even noted it wasn't happening and most have not answered the simple question, what if? Even if there is a 0% chance that he is moved, it's still an interesting exercise in value finding.

I'd say

Swayman
Carlo
Lysell

For

Campbell @ 20%
RNH

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
And my point was that it's a bit disingenuous to call Swayman's season " lucky " because of the talent around him but not use the same standards with RNH.
It's fair. We do have a sample size from RNH pre- Drai/McDavid which pointed to a 50 pt center with more upside.

We don't have that with Swayman but you do have a very promising trajectory in which he is close to handling a lions share and excelling at it.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Probably because it is a message board where a poster asked a hypothetical question about a player, even noted it wasn't happening and most have not answered the simple question, what if? Even if there is a 0% chance that he is moved, it's still an interesting exercise in value finding.

I'd say

Swayman
Carlo
Lysell

For

Campbell @ 20%
RNH
It's also a message board where precedent has been set for locking outlandish and one sided discussions, but whatever.

For Edmonton, unless it's Nuge (or Nuge+ in all fairness) for McAvoy, it's hard to see the point in discussing it. And there is no reason for Boston to consider that move.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
RNH is a super-rare player. Who the f*** takes a discount to STAY in Edmonton??? It is already one of the best contracts in the league, so even if he`dbe ok with a trade it wouldnt come cheap. From Edmontons POV, I wouldnt trade him.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Hes a low end 2C at best, I dont think it'd be worth it for Boston.

The gaudy point totals from last year might just have something to do with this McJesus fellow he plays with.
It doesn't matter because he's paid like a high end 3C going forward.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Boston hears the rumors of the ask from Edmonton so when the phone rings the Bruins let it go to voice mail , as a result any message that confirms the rumor will then be deleted.......
For this to be true, EDM would have to be calling which they won't. RNH is never waiving

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad