Value of: Ryan McLeod

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
McLeod was fine when he was making min. Ken Holland missed the memo.
Depth guys on top heavy teams need to make league min and outperform their contract.

I think McLeod is tradeable, but he's not a spry 21 year old prospect anymore. He's 24 and pretty much a finished product, so we're not trading him for potential, we're trading him for what he is.

He needs to be involved in a dollar-in-dollar-out type trade with a team that has a slightly overpaid depth Dman, or if a team wants to roll the dice on a "change of scenery" type trade for another slightly overpaid forward.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
yeah he's totally some cast-off. Good analysis lol.
He isn't a cast off. You didn't mean Nemec, you've been pretty clear that you didn't mean Casey, you obviously didn't mean Hughes, so who among Ethan Edwards/Topias Vilen/Charlie Leddy/Daniil Orlov were you angling for?

That's my problem with the Devils prospects anytime "a mid tier prospect" is offered. There's not much there I'd view as mid tier. There's a bunch of guys that aren't upgrades on what we have already, or there's untouchables.

Thank you, never heard that term before.

So Seamus Casey is a sped / busted / bad prospect? Elaborate...
Nope, I'm saying that if none of Nemec/Hughes/Casey are available, then there is absolutely nothing on the blueline in the devils system that I have even passing interest in, especially since they already dealt Mukhamdullin and Okhatyuk to the Sharks.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Caufield is actually on the Habs top line. Just in case you weren't aware. He's our top-scoring forward at the moment. He's a winger.

McLeod meanwhile is trash. He can't score, has had one mediocre season to date. He was overpaid. No one wants him.

I would be surprised if he didn't clear waivers.
I'm fully aware, which is why I was hoping you would see the point I was making. I'm not explaining how logic works to you, but if you don't understand the point, it says an awful lot about your ability to converse.

Reactions: spaghtti

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Not worried about Lindy/new system rounding into form, maintain high value prior to this season.
Makes sense for ANA as a physical guy who allows Ducks to sell high on Fowler, get younger, manage cap
Wishful thinking on Lindgren by a the biggest Ranger homer on the site. The NHL is figuring out what he's about, and that's a pretty lousy defender. I really doubt anyone is going to throw a nice offer Drurys way for someone that has been exposed as a low ceiling bottom pair level guy. The reason you're willing to trade Lindgren is the same reason teams won't pay up for him... He kinda sucks.

Trouba does too based on his analytics. Rangers are going to have trouble moving him once his NTC expires.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
He isn't a cast off. You didn't mean Nemec, you've been pretty clear that you didn't mean Casey, you obviously didn't mean Hughes, so who among Ethan Edwards/Topias Vilen/Charlie Leddy/Daniil Orlov were you angling for?

That's my problem with the Devils prospects anytime "a mid tier prospect" is offered. There's not much there I'd view as mid tier. There's a bunch of guys that aren't upgrades on what we have already, or there's untouchables.

Nope, I'm saying that if none of Nemec/Hughes/Casey are available, then there is absolutely nothing on the blueline in the devils system that I have even passing interest in, especially since they already dealt Mukhamdullin and Okhatyuk to the Sharks.
Vilen and Haattaaka are both pretty promising prospects, as is Ethan Edwards.

I don't know what kind of value you are looking for on a 4th line center.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Vilen and Haattaaka are both pretty promising prospects, as is Ethan Edwards.

I don't know what kind of value you are looking for on a 4th line center.
Every team has guys like Vilen/Haattaaka/Edwards, including the Oilers. We're not looking for guys that might maybe make an NHL impact in three years, and we're definitely not looking for left shot D.

Categorizing McLeod as a 4C would be a mistake. He was our 3C last year and has been 3C this year. Nobody in our bottom six is scoring, but his impacts are very good.

I counter with Yevseyev for Mike McLeod.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Every team has guys like Vilen/Haattaaka/Edwards, including the Oilers. We're not looking for guys that might maybe make an NHL impact in three years, and we're definitely not looking for left shot D.

Categorizing McLeod as a 4C would be a mistake. He was our 3C last year and has been 3C this year. Nobody in our bottom six is scoring, but his impacts are very good.

I counter with Yevseyev for Mike McLeod.
I think you spelled Beau Akey wrong, at least according to what Oiler fans seem to think what a 3/4 C is worth.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Wishful thinking on Lindgren by a the biggest Ranger homer on the site. The NHL is figuring out what he's about, and that's a pretty lousy defender. I really doubt anyone is going to throw a nice offer Drurys way for someone that has been exposed as a low ceiling bottom pair level guy. The reason you're willing to trade Lindgren is the same reason teams won't pay up for him... He kinda sucks.

Trouba does too based on his analytics. Rangers are going to have trouble moving him once his NTC expires.
gonna take the high road here and just exit w/agree to disagree.
Lindgren barring injury will command same high value he did into last 2 seasons.

Also, desire to trade Lindgren is not being negative on the player -- I am not -- it is consistent w/my m.o of dealing vets for quality youth to keep young and stay ahead of the cap curve

HugeInTheShire

Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
by all means, keep offering your 17th best prospect for NHL players we can't replace internally, see how far that gets you
I didn't offer you anything.

Just out of curiosity though, who is this 17th best prospect I allegedly offered you?

Considering its a 3/4C we don't want to move for prospects, I think we'd pass on that.
Your boy was the one countering asking for Mike McLeod.
I'm fully aware they'd pass on sending one of their best prospects out for a bottom 6 player, I was just pointing out the hypocrisy in asking for Casey for Ryan McLeod.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I didn't offer you anything.

Just out of curiosity though, who is this 17th best prospect I allegedly offered you?

Your boy was the one countering asking for Mike McLeod.
I'm fully aware they'd pass on sending one of their best prospects out for a bottom 6 player, I was just pointing out the hypocrisy in asking for Casey for Ryan McLeod.
Vilen/Hataakka/Edwards are underwhelming offers and do nothing to help our team; you didn't even have to click back to look for those.

Depth D prospect for McLeod was offered, I countered with a depth D prospect for McLeod.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I'm fully aware, which is why I was hoping you would see the point I was making. I'm not explaining how logic works to you, but if you don't understand the point, it says an awful lot about your ability to converse.
Clearly you are not aware. No once considers McLeod a 30 point player. He has only had a few NHL seasons and paced for 30 points once but never achieved it due to injury. He's pacing for 0 points this season. He's not someone that teams would give up any value for.

Why is that hard to comprehend?

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I forgot he makes 2.1 and was getting pissy at no value comments. I'm a big fan of his but, at 2.1, he's not getting picked up on waivers. He's not getting traded for a great return either.

In a way it's a good thing as I'm a fan of his and like his game.

Reactions: Three On Zero

HugeInTheShire

Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Vilen/Hataakka/Edwards are underwhelming offers and do nothing to help our team; you didn't even have to click back to look for those.

Depth D prospect for McLeod was offered, I countered with a depth D prospect for McLeod.
I looked and couldn't find the post where I offered you anything, Whiskey said something about a mid-tier D prospect and you said Casey is not good enough. After that people rightfully laughed at you for being so wrong. Then YOU started naming other people like Vilen/Hataakka and Edwards and how they weren't good enough either.

I think you may be having a conversation with yourself and blaming me for it.

I didn't make a single offer you you and neither did any Devil fan, other than Whiskey saying he'd offer "a mid-tier D prospect" and you lost your shit about it.

Oh wait, you were also the dude making fun of someone for misspelling a word, there is no chance you've made a mistake in reading and not noticed that I asked you what prospect I offered, is there?

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I looked and couldn't find the post where I offered you anything, Whiskey said something about a mid-tier D prospect and you said Casey is not good enough. After that people rightfully laughed at you for being so wrong. Then YOU started naming other people like Vilen/Hataakka and Edwards and how they weren't good enough either.

I think you may be having a conversation with yourself and blaming me for it.

I didn't make a single offer you you and neither did any Devil fan, other than Whiskey saying he'd offer "a mid-tier D prospect" and you lost your shit about it.
I named what I perceived to be the best of what was left of the Devils D prospects after the three that evidently are off the table, and nobody said anything different.

Unless you have other "mid tier" D prospects other than those I named (the rest appear to be 22-23 year old AHL plumbers) then I don't think I was incorrect.

You didn't offer anything, true, but it's easy to criticize when you never submit anything of your own, isn't it? A different Devils fan DID make an offer, and I was commenting on that offer.

Suffice it to say, Ryan McLeod is unlikely to be a Devil because Edmonton isn't trading him for pennies on the dollar, and all that's been offered in this thread are pennies.

HugeInTheShire

Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
I named what I perceived to be the best of what was left of the Devils D prospects after the three that evidently are off the table, and nobody said anything different.

Unless you have other "mid tier" D prospects other than those I named (the rest appear to be 22-23 year old AHL plumbers) then I don't think I was incorrect.

You didn't offer anything, true, but it's easy to criticize when you never submit anything of your own, isn't it?

Suffice it to say, Ryan McLeod is unlikely to be a Devil because Edmonton isn't trading him for pennies on the dollar, and all that's been offered in this thread are pennies.
Once again, you're only talking to yourself as nobody offered you any of those players, you keep mentioning them and that's about it.

You've done nothing in this thread but insult anyone that won't offer you their best prospect for your 3/4th line center. Unless you actually think that McLeod's value is Hughes, Nemec or Casey.. you can't possibly think that, can you?

If I was to make an offer it would be Vukojevic range if you want a D prospect, or Stillman if they want a forward not the Casey range of prospect as he's a prospect that gets you a top 6 player, not a depth player.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
gonna take the high road here and just exit w/agree to disagree.
Lindgren barring injury will command same high value he did into last 2 seasons.

Also, desire to trade Lindgren is not being negative on the player -- I am not -- it is consistent w/my m.o of dealing vets for quality youth to keep young and stay ahead of the cap curve
You're just taking the road that doesn't contemplate statics. I'd call it the uninformed road.

He's a rental so who knows... maybe some team does throw you a high 2nd and so-so prospect for him. Chiarot got a 1st round pick + so GMs have made dumb moves before that looked awful in hindsight.

But this guy isn't heading into RFA next summer with any momentum.

I understand why you picked him to dump. He's your worst defender and overpaid at $3MM for the lack of production he provides. A low level trade chip at the moment.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Once again, you're only talking to yourself as nobody offered you any of those players, you keep mentioning them and that's about it.

You've done nothing in this thread but insult anyone that won't offer you their best prospect for your 3/4th line center. Unless you actually think that McLeod's value is Hughes, Nemec or Casey.. you can't possibly think that, can you?

If I was to make an offer it would be Vukojevic range if you want a D prospect, or Stillman if they want a forward not the Casey range of prospect as he's a prospect that gets you a top 6 player, not a depth player.
I put names to what A "mid tier D prospect" meant as far as the Devils were concerned. I don't know why that upsets you so much.

You kind of hit the nail on the head in the second bit. New Jersey has three very good D prospects, an enormous gulf, and then guys that aren't even good at the AHL level like Vukojevic. McLeod doesn't get us any of those three (though I did try to see if the 3rd best one could be had) but after that I sincerely don't see another D in the Devils system I would even consider in a McLeod trade. Our left side is very deep - deep to the point I don't even think Vukojevic would be a regular in the AHL for us, so lower end LD prospects are of absolutely zero interest.

Stillman is a better offer but still not of interest, as we're trying to make the Oilers better, not the Bakersfield Condors.

Last edited:

HugeInTheShire

Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
I put names to what A "mid tier D prospect" meant as far as the Devils were concerned. I don't know why that upsets you so much.

You kind of hit the nail on the head in the second bit. New Jersey has three very good D prospects, an enormous gulf, and then guys that aren't even good at the AHL level like Vukojevic. Our left side is very deep - deep to the point I don't even think he would be a regular in the AHL for us.

Stillman is a better offer but still not of interest, as we're trying to make the Oilers better, not the Bakersfield Condors.
I think you see it as a massive gulf strictly because the Devils have 3 of the best D prospects in the league with Hughes, Nemec and Casey. Vukojevic is still only 22 and I wouldn't be surprised if he's an NHL player, Vilen has done nothing but improve since he was drafted and currently projects to be an NHL player.

I think the problem is you're expecting a top 4 D right now and only offering a 4C in return, and that's not likely to happen. While McLeod should hold more value than some in this thread think he does, it's not nearly to the level that you think it is.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I think you see it as a massive gulf strictly because the Devils have 3 of the best D prospects in the league with Hughes, Nemec and Casey. Vukojevic is still only 22 and I wouldn't be surprised if he's an NHL player, Vilen has done nothing but improve since he was drafted and currently projects to be an NHL player.

I think the problem is you're expecting a top 4 D right now and only offering a 4C in return, and that's not likely to happen. While McLeod should hold more value than some in this thread think he does, it's not nearly to the level that you think it is.
McLeod isn't a 4C. He was our 3C almost all of last year and earned that spot with his defensive play and production.

"wouldn't be surprised if he's an NHL player" is doing an awful lot of heavy lifting for a guy that looks like he's going to be lucky to top out as a 6/7D. I think Vilen's ceiling is higher, but he's several years out if he gets there at all. Those guys are a dime a dozen, and not at all what we'd be after in a McLeod trade. We don't need distant bells right now.

HugeInTheShire

Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
McLeod isn't a 4C. He was our 3C almost all of last year and earned that spot with his defensive play and production.

"wouldn't be surprised if he's an NHL player" is doing an awful lot of heavy lifting for a guy that looks like he's going to be lucky to top out as a 6/7D. I think Vilen's ceiling is higher, but he's several years out if he gets there at all. Those guys are a dime a dozen, and not at all what we'd be after in a McLeod trade. We don't need distant bells right now.
I know a thing or 2 about McLeod, and trying to peddle him as a legit 3C isn't being realistic.
Edmonton's lack of depth is why he's a 3C not because that's where he slots on most teams.

How much do you actually know about Vukojevic, he's what Edmonton should be looking for, a bottom pairing guy that knows how to defend and plays physical.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
He doesn’t move the needle on getting a top 4 RD unless you want “ top 4” Tyler Myers type
I'd even keep Myers, tbh. McLoed doesn't bring anything unique to the table, and is signed for another year at a high cap hit for what he does. Myers, mercifully, is not our problem after this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad