Value of: Ryan McLeod

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
He would clear waivers with ease. Only fools think he has any value. Same with Rafael Lavoie - another waiver fodder player.

No one should be trading for a 4th liner. That's absurd.
If you think McLeod and Lavoie are on the same tier, I think we've found the problem here.

McLeod is a 3rd line defensive centre with some room to grow his game. Lavoie is an AHL forward who needs to do more to get a shot at the AHL level, but has interesting upside as a big winger with a good shot. Lavoie is a waiver player because he isn't NHL ready yet. McLeod has shown for a number of years now that he belongs in the NHL.

So you have lost your mind??

What's wrong with you? McLeod = Seamus Casey? That's troll-worthy.
One's an NHL 3rd line centre. The other is a drafted NCAA player. They aren't the same at all, and I think you know why.

Reactions: Dr Awesome

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
If you think McLeod and Lavoie are on the same tier, I think we've found the problem here.

McLeod is a 3rd line defensive centre with some room to grow his game. Lavoie is an AHL forward who needs to do more to get a shot at the AHL level, but has interesting upside as a big winger with a good shot. Lavoie is a waiver player because he isn't NHL ready yet. McLeod has shown for a number of years now that he belongs in the NHL.
If McLeod is your 3rd line C, you are not a cup contender. He's trash as your 3C and Oiler fans know it which is why they desperately want to dump him.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Dvorak has no value given his contract.

McLeod has no value given his contract and lack of production and 4th line status.

Any questions?

I get you are a homer but reighn it in.

Not many teams have 4th liners pacing for 0 points this year.
2.1 million is peanuts. He's playing 3rd line, not fourth line. He had a good year last year but didn't play in training camp because he was injured. Or if a few games to start the season is all that matters to you, I'll throw you a bone and offer a 7th for Slafkovsky.

Also learn to spell, and you tried to use the wrong rein.

Reactions: EquivalentStay

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018

One's an NHL 3rd line centre. The other is a drafted NCAA player. They aren't the same at all, and I think you know why.
This is an all-time low for you and Chaos. Seriously, you guys have lost your minds.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
If McLeod is your 3rd line C, you are not a cup contender. He's trash as your 3C and Oiler fans know it which is why they desperately want to dump him.
Nobody is desperate to dump Ryan McLeod. Having one trade discussion wondering if there is an upgrade out there isn't being desperate to trade him.

Show me the number of teams with a 30+ point 4th line centre.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
2.1 million is peanuts. He's playing 3rd line, not fourth line. He had a good year last year but didn't play in training camp because he was injured. Or if a few games to start the season is all that matters to you, I'll throw you a bone and offer a 7th for Slafkovsky.

Also learn to spell, and you tried to use the wrong rein.
At least you are consistent with your idiotic offers! LOL

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
So you have lost your mind??

What's wrong with you? McLeod = Seamus Casey? That's troll-worthy.
Your idiot fanbase thinks Jake Allen fetches them a first rounder, you have absolutely zero leg to stand on here.

Our size obsessed front office would never trade for a D that small. There isn't a D prospect in the entire organization that size and they wouldn't attach the value to him that you're seeming to.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Nobody is desperate to dump Ryan McLeod. Having one trade discussion wondering if there is an upgrade out there isn't being desperate to trade him.

Show me the number of teams with a 30+ point 4th line centre.
The funny thing is he has never produced 30+ points in his career. Right now he's pacing for 0 points.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Your idiot fanbase thinks Jake Allen fetches them a first rounder, you have absolutely zero leg to stand on here.

Our size obsessed front office would never trade for a D that small. There isn't a D prospect in the entire organization that size and they wouldn't attach the value to him that you're seeming to.
Habs fan base have idiots who make idiotic posts. Just as Oiler fan base have guys who post McLeod for Seamus Casey! LOL

Slafkovksy hasn't scored in 30 games. Don't get mad at me that your organization drafted a giant version of Nail Yakupov.
Who hurt you? hahahahaha

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
The funny thing is he has never produced 30+ points in his career. Right now he's pacing for 0 points.
He paced for 30 points just last season. If he didn't get injured, he would have gotten there.

He also missed training camp this year. 8 games is a pretty small sample size to write off a guy who paced for over 30 points a year ago.

Habs fan base have idiots who make idiotic posts. Just as Oiler fan base have guys who post McLeod for Seamus Casey! LOL

Who hurt you? hahahahaha
I hope you're looking into a mirror with this one.

No Oiler fans have posted that we want Sheamus Casey for McLeod. We want NHL'ers if we are making trades, not prospects. Regardless of how skilled Casey is, the question marks surrounding his size are legitimate, especially as a defenseman.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Who hurt you? hahahahaha
Your damaged frontal lobe. :laugh:

Dude's last goal was Dec 1, 2022. Can Juraj Yakupovsky make it a full year without scoring?!

Last 15 games: 0-1-1, -9. Considering you think McLeod is gutter trash for a poor 8 game start to the season, I'd be fascinated to learn what you think of this guy.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
He paced for 30 points just last season. If he didn't get injured, he would have gotten there.

He also missed training camp this year. 8 games is a pretty small sample size to write off a guy who paced for over 30 points a year ago.
Paced for is meaningless. You aren't a 30 point player if you have never produced 30 points.

Its not rocket science. Otherwise, Habs fans can lay claim to Cole Caufield being a 45 goal scorer because he paced for 45 goals last season. If he didn't get injured, he would have gotten there.

You can't make those predictions.

McLeod is a 20+ point player.

Your damaged frontal lobe. :laugh:

Dude's last goal was Dec 1, 2022. Can Juraj Yakupovsky make it a full year without scoring?!
Its possible. Does that make you feel good inside? Do you need a hug? :)

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Paced for is meaningless. You aren't a 30 point player if you have never produced 30 points.

Its not rocket science. Otherwise, Habs fans can lay claim to Cole Caufield being a 45 goal scorer because he paced for 45 goals last season. If he didn't get injured, he would have gotten there.

Its possible. Does that make you feel good inside? Do you need a hug? :)
Bold: kinda yeah. I like watching Habs fans suffer and then making the goalposts dance, it's always entertaining.

Do I need a hug? Not from you, that's for sure.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Bold: kinda yeah. I like watching Habs fans suffer and then making the goalposts dance, it's always entertaining.

Do I need a hug? Not from you, that's for sure.
I am glad Habs misery makes you happy. Because Habs fans at the moment are not miserable at all. Oiler fans meanwhile.... woof. What a terrible D and goaltending. Zero chance at contending this year.

I'm here to give you a hug Chaos! Hugs make the world better! :)

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

You're right, he isn't a 30 point player, he paced at 30 points. And players who are good enough to put up a 30+ point pace aren't 4th line players. Games played doesn't affect that, even if it does affect their final point total. Nobody is bragging about point totals here, we're showing how pace can relate to where a guy fits on the depth chart. There's no debate about which of Caulfield and Josh Anderson is Montreal's better player just because they had almost the same number of points last year, because we know by the pace of each guy who puts more points on the board. So pace isn't meaningless, it can tell you how good a player is when he is healthy, which is what we are discussing here with McLeod. When healthy over last season, he was a 30+ point player, and therefore, suggesting he is a 4th liner is pretty silly. Just as silly as suggesting Caulfield is a 3rd line player because he only got 36 points last year would be.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Finally, you get it.

No one would trade anything for McLeod. Especially given his horrid start. He's waiver fodder. Sorry to say.

But keep the dream of getting Seamus Casey.
Ah, bolding one sentence and leaving out the rationale. The trademark of the dishonest debater.

No GM cares about 8 games at the start of the year.

Nobody on the Oilers board wants Seamus Casey.

What's Caulfield worth? He's just a 3rd liner, right? He only got 36 points last season, so he's a 3rd liner, so he can't be worth much.

Reactions: ChaoticOrange

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I am glad Habs misery makes you happy. Because Habs fans at the moment are not miserable at all. Oiler fans meanwhile.... woof. What a terrible D and goaltending. Zero chance at contending this year.

I'm here to give you a hug Chaos! Hugs make the world better! :)
Oh, they will be. They're nothing but PDO kings and it's going to fall back into line in short order.

Point is, Edmonton doesn't want to just drop McLeod off a cliff for someone else's prospect that's years away from NHL impact, if they even do anything at all.

It's always the same. Fans of other teams offer their sped prospects that are the same goddamn age as guys that have produced in the NHL and then get mad that we don't want anything to do with them. "What do you MEAN Danill Misyul or Santeri Hatakka don't get it done?!"

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
What's Caulfield worth? He's just a 3rd liner, right? He only got 36 points last season, so he's a 3rd liner, so he can't be worth much.
And that's why no one can take Oiler fans seriously on these boards. lol

Take a couple deep breaths.

Oh, they will be. They're nothing but PDO kings and it's going to fall back into line in short order.

Point is, Edmonton doesn't want to just drop McLeod off a cliff for someone else's prospect that's years away from NHL impact, if they even do anything at all.

It's always the same. Fans of other teams offer their sped prospects that are the same goddamn age as guys that have produced in the NHL and then get mad that we don't want anything to do with them. "What do you MEAN Danill Misyul or Santeri Hatakka don't get it done?!"
What's a sped prospect?

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
And that's why no one can take Oiler fans seriously on these boards. lol

Take a couple deep breaths.

What's a sped prospect?
It is literally the exact same logic as you are using with McLeod, but okay. If you can see the flaw in what I wrote about Caulfield, you should be able to admit the flaw in logic you made with McLeod. I guess you know why nobody takes you seriously now.

And seriously, you don't know what he means by "sped prospect"? Good grief.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
It is literally the exact same logic as you are using with McLeod, but okay. If you can see the flaw in what I wrote about Caulfield, you should be able to admit the flaw in logic you made with McLeod. I guess you know why nobody takes you seriously now.

And seriously, you don't know what he means by "sped prospect"? Good grief.
Caufield is actually on the Habs top line. Just in case you weren't aware. He's our top-scoring forward at the moment. He's a winger.

McLeod meanwhile is trash. He can't score, has had one mediocre season to date. He was overpaid. No one wants him.

I would be surprised if he didn't clear waivers.

• Haha
Reactions: Dr Awesome
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad