Value of: Ryan McLeod

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
1. small cap dump - I specified Leshitshow. He is under 1m for this yr and next.
That means he can be dumped in the A to fully recover his cap hit.

2. Goodrow -- you brought him up, he is not part of this equation.
Howev, we will consider dealing him to make room/recover cap

3 Fitting these adds -
a) do not have to resolve immediately
b) Broberg competes w/Robertson + Scanlin for 3LD. KAM and Gus are kept, Lindgren to be dealt for high Ana 2nd + good RD prospect Helleson
c) Subtract LaF from spot on roster = 1
then we have Wheeler, at some pt Goodrow = another 2
Bonino + Pitlick = 2 more
Vesey is also on notice he'll have to keep up the compete/intensity

Holloway is a gamble that w/his speed he bookends w/Kreider
but we'll see

There is obv a path to add Hol + McLeod if they produce from those guys, and still add yr elc prospect Lavoie when he is ready.

IF IF IF guys on your side had fully delivered sufficiently, and were not such question marks, THEN of course the ask would be less.
But as that is NOT the case, my ask, now with a future late 1st (flexible on the yr) is valid.
These guys are not a big return in terms of current value.
It is a measured gamble for Rs to offset some of the stupidity of not listening to bern, and instead going w/rentals for draft picks

Trade makes sense for both sides
Lets get real on Ryan Lindgren. His underlying stats to start this season are pretty awful. He's got the lowest rating of any defender on your team, even worse than Trouba.

LaF on the other hand has some promising underlying metrics this season on top of his production. He's doing pretty well. No idea why NYR would trade him unless they think it's non sustainable.

Kakko's underlying metrics are also pretty good. Not as good as LaF's, but solid.

Lindgren though. His are straight-up terrible.

If you're dealing Lindgren today... you are dealing from a position of weakness. He was worth more previously, but his current level of play... it stinks and any team using analytics will know this.

And Goodrow has the worst analystics on the team. By a pretty healthy margin over Lindgren and Bonino. Goodrow pretty clearly sucks and you'll be stuck with that contract.

Erik Gustafsson sure seems to be playing well for y'all. But the time to get value trading Lindgren is in the rearview mirror.

Reactions: bernmeister

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
What are you willing to add as a sweetener? No one would trade anything of value for McLeod. You know that.

If you are adding McLeod in a package for a top 4RD you are decreasing the value of your package.
From the fanbase that brought you "Jake Allen is worth a first rounder..."

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TheNumber4

Bond

May 10, 2012
From the fanbase that brought you "Jake Allen and Christian Fischer are worth first rounders..."
He isn't wrong though. McLeod is the toss in to get a deal done unless you really want a #5/6 dman that can play up the line up for a few games

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Lets get real on Ryan Lindgren. His underlying stats to start this season are pretty awful. He's got the lowest rating of any defender on your team, even worse than Trouba.

LaF on the other hand has some promising underlying metrics this season on top of his production. He's doing pretty well. No idea why NYR would trade him unless they think it's non sustainable.

Kakko's underlying metrics are also pretty good. Not as good as LaF's, but solid.

Lindgren though. His are straight-up terrible.

If you're dealing Lindgren today... you are dealing from a position of weakness. He was worth more previously, but his current level of play... it stinks and any team using analytics will know this.

And Goodrow has the worst analystics on the team. By a pretty healthy margin over Lindgren and Bonino. Goodrow pretty clearly sucks and you'll be stuck with that contract.

Erik Gustafsson sure seems to be playing well for y'all. But the time to get value trading Lindgren is in the rearview mirror.
Not worried about Lindy/new system rounding into form, maintain high value prior to this season.
Makes sense for ANA as a physical guy who allows Ducks to sell high on Fowler, get younger, manage cap

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
He isn't wrong though. McLeod is the toss in to get a deal done unless you really want a #5/6 dman that can play up the line up for a few games
No, he is wrong. He paced for 33 points last season and missed all of training camp with an injury, that is the reason for his slow start.

Fans that think he's worth a 6th or Edmonton would have to pay to move him are stupid.

Bond

May 10, 2012
No, he is wrong. He paced for 33 points last season and missed all of training camp with an injury, that is the reason for his slow start.

Fans that think he's worth a 6th or Edmonton would have to pay to move him are stupid.
No one is trading a top 4 RD for him. He'd be the add in

Bond

May 10, 2012
The OP literally said "or use him in a package to add a top four RD"

People are so eager to dump on the Oilers that they abandon grade 1 reading skills.
Yeah, but you have to start with the valuable piece to build a package around. He isn't what a package would be built around for a top four RD. It's like a Flames fan posting what do I have to add to Dube to get a top four D lol

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Yeah, but you have to start with the valuable piece to build a package around. He isn't what a package would be built around for a top four RD. It's like a Flames fan posting what do I have to add to Dube to get a top four D lol
He didn't say that either?

I could see a fit with the Devils, we could probably offer one of our mid-tier defensive prospects?
Edmonton doesn't have much use for mid-tier defensive prospects. We're looking to make the team better today, not roll the dice that Seamus Casey could be something useful in 2028

• Haha
Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Dvorak, that's the Christian I was thinking of.

The sunk cost fallacy is rampaging through downtown Montreal like a francophone Godzilla
I panned that trade the day it occurred and the guy you're arguing with made it very obvious he didn't agree with me.

How's that trade looking today?

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018

He would clear waivers with ease. Only fools think he has any value. Same with Rafael Lavoie - another waiver fodder player.

No one should be trading for a 4th liner. That's absurd.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
He would clear waivers with ease. Only fools think he has any value. Same with Rafael Lavoie - another waiver fodder player.

No one should be trading for a 4th liner. That's absurd.
Your team literally traded a first and a second for a player extremely similar to Ryan McLeod.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Edmonton doesn't have much use for mid-tier defensive prospects. We're looking to make the team better today, not roll the dice that Seamus Casey could be something useful in 2028
I'm not sure what's funnier, the fact that you think Seamus Casey would be available for Ryan Mcleod, or the fact that you think Seamus Casey is a mid-tier defensive prospect.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Your team literally traded a first and a second for a player extremely similar to Ryan McLeod.
That's the kind of stupidity that i expect from you. LOL

McLeod is a 4th liner that all teams are stocked full of. For some reason the Oilers overpaid him.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
McLeod isn’t a bad player but he isn’t really good, he’s your typical run on the mill bottom 6er that most teams have. He’s not a negative value asset but a team would have to value his speed to want him

I'm not sure what's funnier, the fact that you think Seamus Casey would be available for Ryan Mcleod, or the fact that you think Seamus Casey is a mid-tier defensive prospect.
Case of not knowing anything about the prospect they are talking about

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
dude's 5'9 and 160lbs. he's got a lot of work to do to be anything more than mid tier.

It's laughable that you think that some cast-off defensive prospect could bring you Ryan McLeod.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

McLeod is a 4th liner that all teams are stocked full of. For some reason the Oilers overpaid him.
Dvorak: 28 points in 64 games. 27 years old. Makes 4.45 million. Primarily a defensive C. Habs fans think he's worth a first rounder.
McLeod: 23 points in 57 games. 24 years old. Makes 2.1 million. Primarily a defensive C. Habs fans think he's waiver fodder.

Any further questions?

• Haha
Reactions: Perfect_Drug

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Most of the time, packages aren't built on one piece with a few add ons. That's not what most people consider to be a "package trade". A package trade is like the Dubois trade, where one more valuable piece (Dubois) gets traded for 3 or 4 lesser pieces. You can't look at that trade and say any one piece was far more valuable than the other, it was 4 pieces that had roughly the same value (or 3, and Iafallo, who, while a good depth player, I consider less valuable than the other 3).

Every team has defensive-minded 4th liners who paced for 33 points last year?

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Dvorak: 28 points in 64 games. 27 years old. Makes 4.45 million. Primarily a defensive C. Habs fans think he's worth a first rounder.
McLeod: 23 points in 57 games. 24 years old. Makes 2.1 million. Primarily a defensive C. Habs fans think he's waiver fodder.

Any further questions?
Dvorak has no value given his contract.

McLeod has no value given his contract and lack of production and 4th line status.

Any questions?

I get you are a homer but reighn it in.

Every team has 4th liners who paced for 33 points last year?
Not many teams have 4th liners pacing for 0 points this year.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
He's tiny and plays on an absolutely stacked team. Habs wonderboy Hutson is finding out it ain't always easy when you're smaller than everyone else and I think Casey will too when the going gets tough.
So you have lost your mind??

What's wrong with you? McLeod = Seamus Casey? That's troll-worthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad