RW Teemu Pulkkinen (2010, 111th overall, Detroit) II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GranlundMagic

May 14, 2011
Finland
Yeah... Pulu just passed to Lahti all the time. Heck, even when he was on a breakaway he passed to Lahti (who was way behind him and there was defender blocking stick of Lahti). Anyway it was good decision because Pulkkinen never scores on breakaways.

He was caught in Lahti. Pulkkinen always looked for pass and became passer. Next season he didn't play with Lahti so much and was completely lost.

God you don't know what you are talking about. I've seen every game that pulkkinen has played so I know what I am talking about.

Tip for people: Ignore this guy he really is lost. :help: Pulkkinen does score on breakaways and that is not true what this guy is saying about lahti, Pulkkinen scored 18goals and was 14th whole FEL that season so clearly didn't always look pass to Lahti and actually he did play with Lahti almost whole season their center Kerälä was a bit lost last year.

Wingsfan2965*

Dec 30, 2011
Just saying, I'm inclined to believe Pulkkinen is still a huge prospect based on what Nill has said, but when you said "I have seen every game of his so I know what I'm talking about", you sound like you have no idea what you're talking about.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Just saying, I'm inclined to believe Pulkkinen is still a huge prospect based on what Nill has said, but when you said "I have seen every game of his so I know what I'm talking about", you sound like you have no idea what you're talking about.

Who knows, maybe he's Pulkkinen? That'd explain it. Go Pulu!

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
How is it going with Pulkinnen? No points so far in SM liga, if i checked correctly. So, what's up? Is it true that hes improved his skating? What about his overall game?

Leehh

Oct 8, 2011
Austria
How is it going with Pulkinnen? No points so far in SM liga, if i checked correctly. So, what's up? Is it true that hes improved his skating? What about his overall game?

He plays way more complete game now. Only problem is that there is no chemistry with Teravainen and Pulkkinen also the fact that their left winger changes to every game doesn't bring neither one of them out in good light.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
He's had his chances put hasn't just put the points on the board. Yet. They will come. He's more complete player, better skater.. They just haven't been able to get things done. I think they should put Teräväinen back at wing or split them altogether. Though, they did play some nice shifts with Rita as the third man on that line.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
He's had his chances put hasn't just put the points on the board. Yet. They will come. He's more complete player, better skater.. They just haven't been able to get things done. I think they should put Teräväinen back at wing or split them altogether. Though, they did play some nice shifts with Rita as the third man on that line.

I think Pulkkinen would fit better with more matured linemates. Now it doesn't work with three young guys there with same mentality. They need some experienced guy there to get that line going. I'd like to see Valtteri Filppula playmaking Pulkkinen and maturing him with his NHL-experience. That would be match made in heaven using Filppula to "develop" Pulkkinen.

Funny how Pulkkinen is looking better and maybe playing better than ever as an indivudual, but the points won't come. :) But there's a lot of hockey left.

The Saw Is the Law

Jul 31, 2010
God you don't know what you are talking about. I've seen every game that pulkkinen has played so I know what I am talking about.

That's good to hear.

Tip for people: Ignore this guy he really is lost. :help:

Thank you :handclap: feel free to ignore me

Pulkkinen does score on breakaways and that is not true what this guy is saying about lahti,

Can you tell me his success rate?

So my eyes lied about that breakaway? Pulu didn't pass to Lahti while on breakaway? You should remember that if you have seen EVERY game Pulkkinen have played in. Or you don't see the weaknesses. Which may be the case because you must have to bee Jokerit fan.

actually he did play with Lahti almost whole season their center Kerälä was a bit lost last year.

Weird because every of my Jokerit-fan friends say that he didn't play with Lahti that much last season.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Really slow start for him and Jokerit

0 pints and -2 in the first 4 games of the season

Suffering quite a lot from Teräväinen's sophomore jinx (result of all the off-season travelling between continents and loosing valuable training time) and the line in general not clicking very much. Ruutu's suspension is over now, we'll see if he returns to their line to replace Rask or if they'll shuffle the line more.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Pulkkinen has been a disappointment so far this season there's no question about it. He is in better shape and playing the best all-round game than ever (he is still fairly one dimensional) but for some reason he doesnt seem to have much confidence with the puck. Lots of bad decicions and when he has the kind of shot he has he really cant get it off quickly in good scoring areas. Its also notable that he doesnt even get to those great shooting opportunites nearly enough. Its irritating that he likes to play more of a passing game even when his playmaking isnt that great.

TT has looked better than Pulkkinen so far IMO. Both have lacked the confidence and excitement in their games though. But im not that worried. They will get it going.

FinProspects

Sep 15, 2007
Pulkkinen has turned into better all-around player (still nothing to cheer about his physicality, balance... Skating has gone better though)... yay.

At the moment Pulkkinen cannot shoot the puck. I have seen couple of one timers from him and the shots have been pathetic.. He shot the puck wayyyy better 2-3 seasons ago. His decisions with the puck are ok I guess. But I´m most concerned about his shot. We havent seen him rifle that "holy slapper" (succesfully) for too long. There is a reason that he does not score goals (yesterday´s goal was a deflection) at the moment.

It is just mind boggling how his offensive game has disappeared in the last year or so. In 10-11 season he was probably the best forward for Finland in WJC, very consistent throughout the SM-liiga season and was excellent in pre-WC games, altough he did not make it to the team.

He is still young though, only 20y old. He just has to figure himself out offensive-wise again.

Leehh

Oct 8, 2011
Austria
Pulkkinen has turned into better all-around player (still nothing to cheer about his physicality, balance... Skating has gone better though)... yay.

At the moment Pulkkinen cannot shoot the puck. I have seen couple of one timers from him and the shots have been pathetic.. He shot the puck wayyyy better 2-3 seasons ago. His decisions with the puck are ok I guess. But I´m most concerned about his shot. We havent seen him rifle that "holy slapper" (succesfully) for too long. There is a reason that he does not score goals (yesterday´s goal was a deflection) at the moment.

It is just mind boggling how his offensive game has disappeared in the last year or so. In 10-11 season he was probably the best forward for Finland in WJC, very consistent throughout the SM-liiga season and was excellent in pre-WC games, altough he did not make it to the team.

He is still young though, only 20y old. He just has to figure himself out offensive-wise again.

You can thank tabloids and redneck fans for that :) Remember how Granlund performed last season after WJC when tabloids and fans pointed their finger on him after missing that shootout try in WJC.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Pulkkinen has been a disappointment so far this season there's no question about it. He is in better shape and playing the best all-round game than ever (he is still fairly one dimensional) but for some reason he doesnt seem to have much confidence with the puck. Lots of bad decicions and when he has the kind of shot he has he really cant get it off quickly in good scoring areas. Its also notable that he doesnt even get to those great shooting opportunites nearly enough. Its irritating that he likes to play more of a passing game even when his playmaking isnt that great.

TT has looked better than Pulkkinen so far IMO. Both have lacked the confidence and excitement in their games though. But im not that worried. They will get it going.

You're in the extreme minority with that opinion. Just about every Jokerit fan at Jatkoaika has been demanding Teräväinen to be placed on wing or take some time off. It's largely due to TT's slump that Pulkkinen hasn't even gotten that many good scoring chances. The past couple of games he's played wit hthe offensive dynamos Joonas Rask and Juhani Tyrväinen as his center. He did score his first goal yesterday when he tipped Eronen shot on the pp in. If you want to take broader look at it, he's been just as ineffective as the rest of the Jokerit team.

RomersWorld*

Seems like it is always his teammates fault why he doesn't produce. Last year it was his linemates fault that he struggled. This year it is his linemates fault that he has struggled. I'd hate to be his linemate haha.

Fact is, I really just don't think he is very good. I admit I haven't seen him a ton but from his WJC performances, he isn't a good skater and his shot is wildly inaccurate. I know about "holy slapper" but he never scores goals so who cares?

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Seems like it is always his teammates fault why he doesn't produce. Last year it was his linemates fault that he struggled. This year it is his linemates fault that he has struggled. I'd hate to be his linemate haha.

Fact is, I really just don't think he is very good. I admit I haven't seen him a ton but from his WJC performances, he isn't a good skater and his shot is wildly inaccurate. I know about "holy slapper" but he never scores goals so who cares?

Nah but linemates contribute to that. Last year a lot was on Pulu, but he didn't produce that badly compared to the other team. But obviously not as much as expected.

Maybe he isn't a good skater now, reg. NHL level but he's improved a lot. I've been thinking that on few games this season most noticeable thing is he's speed, lol. Or maybe he just looks fast because of the short stride.

But yes, I agree in a sense that he's not very good right now.

plaaplaa72

Jul 29, 2011
Helsinki
Am i the only who thinks he will "bust"? He has been really invisible this season, i know it's only the start of the season and i really hope he will start scoring soon, but doesn't look good at the moment.

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
Am i the only who thinks he will "bust"? He has been really invisible this season, i know it's only the start of the season and i really hope he will start scoring soon, but doesn't look good at the moment.

I don't have much hope on him anymore. Before the season I really hoped that he would step up from his one dimensional game and become a candidate for national team but that hasn't really happened. Unfortunately.

It's really a shame, one point he was one of the most promising finnish tallents but busted. He is too small, weak and slow. His shot is amazing but that can lead him as a good european skater in his prime.

I could see him having a carreer in KHL though.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Don't write him off so hastily. The season is still young, so is the player. Lots can and will still happen. He will improve and find confidence.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
I find it quite hard to call a 4th rounder a bust. Also, I'll wait until he plays in the AHL to say anything about his NHL-future. Right now he's not playing well but he's at least got time, if nothing else.

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
Don't write him off so hastily. The season is still young, so is the player. Lots can and will still happen. He will improve and find confidence.

That's what I hope too and that is exactly what he needs. If he scores good things will happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad