RW Teemu Pulkkinen (2010, 111th overall, Detroit) II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

vsk92

Alltid IFK
Mar 31, 2011
Scotland.
It's a different league then it was when Brett Hull broke in for sure- but if you're going to have one thing you do better than pretty much anybody else, having a deadly cannon of a shot still might be the best thing to have. Next season will be huge for Pulkkinen no doubt though. Any chance he comes over to play in the AHL?

I think he will stay in finland for another year, but anything could happen in the summer

Dropkick Murphy

Jul 9, 2011
In the bubble
Well, Pulkkinen was a healthy scratch again ... only this time from the Jokerit u20-Team :o

I have no info what's happening but reading between the lines of u20 coach's interview - attitude problems.

Dropkick Murphy

Jul 9, 2011
In the bubble
I don't Pulkkinen is losing his career with these events. But couple of things are worrying:

1) If he was playing injured, why Jokerit:
a) didn't rest him before play-offs?
b) demoted him from the while he could clearly play?
2) After demoted to U20s he was healthy(?) scratch again. As it's quite clear now that he won't make to FEL-team before next season, why everybody in the Jokerit-organization is so hush hush about reasons why he's demoted?

As I have said I have always seen this guy overrated (mostly by fellow finns) skillwise and now when there's a serious questions about his motivation on table it surely looks worrying.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I don't Pulkkinen is losing his career with these events. But couple of things are worrying:

1) If he was playing injured, why Jokerit:
a) didn't rest him before play-offs?
b) demoted him from the while he could clearly play?
2) After demoted to U20s he was healthy(?) scratch again. As it's quite clear now that he won't make to FEL-team before next season, why everybody in the Jokerit-organization is so hush hush about reasons why he's demoted?

As I have said I have always seen this guy overrated (mostly by fellow finns) skillwise and now when there's a serious questions about his motivation on table it surely looks worrying.

http://keskustelu.jatkoaika.com/showpost.php?p=4088900&postcount=608

It's definitely not a motivation issue.

Dropkick Murphy

Jul 9, 2011
In the bubble

I'm not convinced about this "100% injury, otherwise he's Tomek Valtonen's best pupil and fully motivated"-explanation. His play hasn't been that good even at the start of season as it was year ago.

I would guess he's suffering the negative spiral of fatigue caused by wrong training, injuries caused by fatigue and frustration caused by both injuries and fatigue. Quite close to what happened Armia before November international break.

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I'm not convinced about this "100% injury, otherwise he's Tomek Valtonen's best pupil and fully motivated"-explanation. His play hasn't been that good even at the start of season as it was year ago.

I would guess he's suffering the negative spiral of fatigue caused by wrong training, injuries caused by fatigue and frustration caused by both injuries and fatigue. Quite close to what happened Armia before November international break.

No, but neither was his linemate's level of play and soon after the whole team started sucking. Any one who say his play at the WJC and what it was at the end of the regular season could easily tell that he's not fully fit, skating looked far too slow/hard for him.

Jack DiBiase

Team Iceland Coach
Nov 15, 2008
Oh no! A 20 year old prospect isn't able to maintain his level for 70+ games. How is he ever going to live up to the hype of being a 4th round draft pick? :help:

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Oh no! A 20 year old prospect isn't able to maintain his level for 70+ games. How is he ever going to live up to the hype of being a 4th round draft pick? :help:

4th round pick he may be... but weren't you here when the entire board was hyping him to be the next star?

I remember many people pegged him top 5 maybe even 1st overall a year or two away from his draft.

He has been disappointing considering the hype that this board experienced.

Latex*

4th round pick he may be... but weren't you here when the entire board was hyping him to be the next star?

I remember many people pegged him top 5 maybe even 1st overall a year or two away from his draft.

And what does the HF boards hype have to do with anything? It wasn't his fault.

He hasn't dissappointed anyone, for a 4th rounder, the things he has done are simply amazing and shouldn't be brought down just because of few over excited posters. Most of the boards just went by their "sightings". (I'm looking at you Jussi)

If my parents expected me to become the President of this country and i didn't make it, would you consider me a dissapointment just because I didn't meet their expectations?

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
If my parents expected me to become the President of this country and i didn't make it, would you consider me a dissapointment just because I didn't meet their expectations?

No, if you become the prime minister.

But on a more serious note, I think everyone (most) expected him to perform better this year, when he was around ppg last year.

But the kid is still only 20 years old. And in teh hands of good organization.

ZetterBurger

Oct 4, 2011
Detroit, MI

Evgeni Malkin can't even live up to the HF hype.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Copying my post from the Red Wings prospect thread.

Jokerit begin their semifinal series on Wednesday (opponent to be determined today), Pulkkinen is back to full training with the SM-liiga squad. Coach Westerlund confirmed that Pulu has been injured and because he couldn't train at 100%, he was left out of the squad. "He's been able to play but not train. You can't anesthetize every day but now he's able to train normally." He most likely won't play in the first semifinal game though.

The poster at Jatkoaika.com with more info on his injury said it's an ankle injury that occurred somewhere at the end of the regular season and he played the those games anesthetized. Unfortunately he twisted that ankle in the last regular season game. He tested the ankle in training and it got twisted again in a harmless looking situation. They decided not to burden the ankle with training but to keep him in gameshape by playing with the A-juniors. After the second A-juniors final it was decided that since it bothered his playing too much that it was better to rest it.

Sources (in Finnish): http://www.suomikiekko.com/2012/04/teemu-pulkkinen-jokereiden-vahvuudessa/

http://keskustelu.jatkoaika.com/showpost.php?p=4105972&postcount=719

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Pulkkinen returns to the Jokerit line up today, playing on the second line with Lahti and Hahl. Teräväinen moves to center the 3rd line.

Poro24

May 4, 2005
Finland
Pulkkinen seems to be in great shape. His team Jokerit had a 30 minute running test for their players and Teemu had the best result of the team: 7520 meters in 30 minutes.

Good news. Some people have been saying that he's training motivation is not good etc. I guess they were wrong...

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Im predicting one hell of a season for Teemu. He already scored ppg in his first FEL season (thats very rare) and it was no surprise that the '2nd season curse' hit him. Its often like that when players jump into men's league and do well in their first season, gives the illusion that its easy to get better and not to work as hard as he should.

Now he's done with injuries and contract with Detroit in his pocket. He's already showing he wants to be not just NHL player, but top 6 forward and he knows he's got the skill for it.

It's all set for one hell of a season. Man i gotta love Jokerit next season with Pulkkinen and TT.

Last edited:

Animus

Mar 10, 2011
Bowie, Maryland
Im predicting one hell of a season for Teemu. He already scored ppg in his first FEL season (thats very are) and it was no surprise that the '2nd season curse' hit him. Its often like that when players jump into men's league and do well in their first season, gives the illusion that its easy to get better and not to work as hard as he should.

Now he's done with injuries and contract with Detroit in his pocket. He's already showing he wants to be not just NHL player, but top 6 forward and he knows he's got the skill for it.

It's all set for one hell of a season. Man i gotta love Jokerit next season with Pulkkinen and TT.

Well said :)

but who is TT??

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011

I always find it hilarious when the NA-posters calls us out for over hyping players.

Like you or any other country for that matter don't do it at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad