RW Matvei Michkov - HC Sochi, KHL (2023 Draft) - PART 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
My favorite player for the 2023 draft, i want to see him play with Zegras.
Zegras can be his Backstrom and Matvei can be PocketRocket-Ovi.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Can’t wait until he’s finally in the NHL in 2029. If he wins the Calder, I’ll name my firstborn Matvei
Even if
Mitchkov is denied North American access, he would still make hockey fans salivate on every international tournament. Worst case, he could become the top KHL goal-scorer ever.

Fonzieleaf

Jul 8, 2013
Collingwood, Ontario
He's going #2 OA. However, he makes a very strong case to be the first. At his young age, he has a top NHL calibre shot. He will be a hell of a player in the future.

But, with this Russian factor going on with drafting, it'll be interesting.

LetsGoFlyers12

Jan 19, 2017
Does the Svechkov, Chibrikov trade all but guarantee Michkov a full time KHL role? Really interested to see him with real ice time and PP time this season

LetsGoFlyers12

Jan 19, 2017
How is his skating?

Kucherov comparison?
His skating is very good, specifically his edges and elusiveity. His speed is good also, but he is not super elite in that area. His skating in style probably compares best to Datsyuk or Kaprizov.

As a player comparable I see Kucherov and Ovechkin. His hockey iq and body type remind me more of Kucherov. He also relies mostly on a deadly accurate wrist shot with a great release.

He reminds me of Ovechkin I with his natural goal scoring knack and his willingness to shoot from anywhere on the ice. He's a very high volume shooter. He could stand to improve on shot selection, imo, but his results speak for themselves I suppose.

Reactions: rocketdan9

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Really?

Kaprizov has a nasty/sneaky wrist shot

Not sure about Michkov's shot is better, but his edge work and hands are better for sure. And he's even smarter than Kirill, and Kaprizov has elite edge work, hands and IQ... I mean it's hard to directly compare a 17 year old kid and an NHL superstar so I'd say Matvey looks much better than Kirill at the same age and Kaprizov was considered the next Russian great at age 17.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
His skating is very good, specifically his edges and elusiveity. His speed is good also, but he is not super elite in that area. His skating in style probably compares best to Datsyuk or Kaprizov.

As a player comparable I see Kucherov and Ovechkin. His hockey iq and body type remind me more of Kucherov. He also relies mostly on a deadly accurate wrist shot with a great release.

He reminds me of Ovechkin I with his natural goal scoring knack and his willingness to shoot from anywhere on the ice. He's a very high volume shooter. He could stand to improve on shot selection, imo, but his results speak for themselves I suppose.
He’s a cross of Kucherov’s hockey sense, stick skills, skating, and physical profile and Matthews full arsenal of goal scoring.

Reactions: LetsGoFlyers12

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Great assist to Buchelnikov who scored the winning goal for Team Russia. 4-3 vs Avangard. Team Russia had one player over 20, Avangard didn't have a few starters like Yakupov and Knight.

Actually there were 3 players over 20 on Team Russia and 2 17 year old kids. Avangard had one 17 year old defenseman Gulyayev who scored a point.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrGeno101

MrGeno101

Sep 11, 2008
He was captain for Russia u25 team today and assist to the game winning goal against Avangard Omsk.

LetsGoFlyers12

Jan 19, 2017
Great assist to Buchelnikov who scored the winning goal for Team Russia. 4-3 vs Avangard. Team Russia had one player over 20, Avangard didn't have a few starters like Yakupov and Knight.

Actually there were 3 players over 20 on Team Russia and 2 17 year old kids. Avangard had one 17 year old defenseman Gulyayev who scored a point.
How did Michkov look for the whole game today? Good challenge against a high end KHL team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad