RW Matvei Michkov - HC Sochi, KHL (2023 Draft) - PART 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
The million dollar question with Michkov is when he will arrive in North America. Anybody who questions if he is a rare talent just hasn't watched him enough.

GMs get fired all the time and if it looks like a 3 or 4 year wait, they will be tempted by the big centers tearing up the NCAA & SHL. It’s obviously a mistake but it’s the nature of the beast. I think it will come down to when teams think they can get him. I do think Columbus would take him 2nd and so would Montreal.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
The million dollar question with Michkov is when he will arrive in North America. Anybody who questions if he is a rare talent just hasn't watched him enough.

GMs get fired all the time and if it looks like a 3 or 4 year wait, they will be tempted by the big centers tearing up the NCAA & SHL. It’s obviously a mistake but it’s the nature of the beast. I think it will come down to when teams think they can get him. I do think Columbus would take him 2nd and so would Montreal.
I am hoping the Hawks are considering him too. He is a great prospect.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

A kid as talented as he is, you hope it is for the 2025/26 season after his KHL contract concludes.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Montreal won't.

There was a report from Russia that last year Montreal and Philadelphia wouldn't be drafting from Russia. Now, I can't speak to the veracity of Philadelphia but..

Kent Hughes was asked during the combine whether there was any truth to that and Kent Hughes responded something like "Well, we just interviewed a Russian today."

The only Russian at the combine was Pavel Mintyukov who was already in Canada and playing in the CHL.

So the total non-response there leads me to believe that it is the truth, the Habs won't be drafting out of Russia.

Reactions: InAG-P and Wats

LazyCircuits

Dec 14, 2019
Europia

With the caveat that our GM is hard to read and I wouldn’t play poker with him, Columbus may be interested at 2 or 3.

Yes we are desperate for another top 6 centre and we already have two very highly paid wingers (plus a boatload of middle 6ew) but the timeline with Michkov brings him into the fold just as Laine reaches UFA and Johnny Hockey likely begins a decline.

This all hinges on whether the man who reached for Dubois and Chinakov is that predictable.

Reactions: CBJx614

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Montreal won't.

There was a report from Russia that last year Montreal and Philadelphia wouldn't be drafting from Russia. Now, I can't speak to the veracity of Philadelphia but..

Kent Hughes was asked during the combine whether there was any truth to that and Kent Hughes responded something like "Well, we just interviewed a Russian today."

The only Russian at the combine was Pavel Mintyukov who was already in Canada and playing in the CHL.

So the total non-response there leads me to believe that it is the truth, the Habs won't be drafting out of Russia.

Then Michkov won't play for Montreal...

Reactions: kp61c

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022

Do you really think that gap between Michkov and Fantilli/Carlsson is that big? If you add all those risks associated with Michkov, you play smart. The real discussion comes at no. 4 position where the gap starts to be intriguing.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Do you really think that gap between Michkov and Fantilli/Carlsson is that big? If you add all those risks associated with Michkov, you play smart. The real discussion comes at no. 4 position where the gap starts to be intriguing.
The gap between Michkov and Fantilli/Carlsson is as big as the gap between Bedard and Fantilli/Carlsson

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Michkov-TOI.png

His TOI is okay or according to the circumstances. Sochi is defending most time of the game.
Is there a 5 on 5 (ESP) total?

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Montreal won't.

It's a shame, feel like if he falls to 4-7 he's easily the best player available. Add to that he'll have protection from being rushed to NHL in place and should be able to develop over 3 years and jump straight into top 6 assuming he lights up KHL.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
It's a shame, feel like if he falls to 4-7 he's easily the best player available. Add to that he'll have protection from being rushed to NHL in place and should be able to develop over 3 years and jump straight into top 6 assuming he lights up KHL.
He’s arguably BPA period
If he was a C and guaranteed to be in NA next year he would have a strong case for 1st overall

Reactions: Fatass

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018
Reactions: Czechboy

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
However, he cares what # he will be picked. He said about this after moving to Sochi, that this is a chance for him to be a higher pick.
Which is little strange because especially in his case it does not matter at all. It only matters who drafts him and if they can bring him to NA sooner than 2026. If not, he will be 22 on ELC, 99% probability he will be ready for top 6 immediate impact, so his draft position will be absolutely irrelevant at that time in 2026.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Which is little strange because especially in his case it does not matter at all. It only matters who drafts him and if they can bring him to NA sooner than 2026. If not, he will be 22 on ELC, 99% probability he will be ready for top 6 immediate impact, so his draft position will be absolutely irrelevant at that time in 2026.
I'm pretty sure the higher your pick the more money you will earn on your ELC or through a signing bonus or something like that. I don't have exact dollar figures though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad