RW Matvei Michkov - HC Sochi, KHL (2023 Draft) - PART 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

olgerd

Oct 19, 2021
So you’re comparing their performance to Michkov… based on you imagining that Michkov would have scored at a record breaking pace despite him not playing in the tournament?
I'm extrapolating Michkov's usual numbers at this kind of junior tournaments. Considering he had 3 goals in 2 canceled WJC games a year ago.

Youth Olympics - 9 goals in 4 games.
WJC-18 - 12 goals in 7 games.
Hlinka Gretzky - 8 goals in 5 games.

I would be a little surprised if he scored less than 10 goals in 7 WJC games this year.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I don't know why are you so upset. It's pretty good analogy. Sochi is terrible and clearly not a KHL level team, you can't expect a 18 year old kid carrying the team this bad, He still has already scored 2 goals in 5 games, more than anybody on the team in those 5 games.
I'm not upset, perhaps more disappointed at whatever you were trying to convey there.

I think we can all agree that the deployment Michov has had this year has been disappointing.

biscuits and guitar

Jan 5, 2023
I'm not upset, perhaps more disappointed at whatever you were trying to convey there.

I think we can all agree that the deployment Michov has had this year has been disappointing.
He's more like a victim of circumstances this season. Got injured in a preseason game which took him out for a couple of months, who knows maybe he'd carved out a roster spot in SKA lineup if he'd played from the very beginning. Was sent to the VHL after the recovery and did really well there (almost GPG). Now he's playing in Sochi, a terrible hockey team that allows 40 - 50 SOG every game and just can't hold the puck. How can he produce points if his team just doesn't have the puck? Do u expect him to do it all by himself, going coast-to-coast and scoring? That's KHL, not a Playstation. And yh on top of all he can't showcase himself in international tournaments.
P.S. SKA's recruiting lots of young talent and keeps them playing in the MHL and VHL, cuz there are no roster spots in the main team, which keeps contending every season. I guess SKA already did some damage to the growing curves of several promising players: Chibrikov, Svechkov, Morozov etc. It's sad that young dudes have to suffer from Rotenberg's imperial ambitions: it seems like he wants to combine winning KHL titles with producing young star talent. Which's absurd
P.P.S. Some young players still manage to get through that meat grinder. Marchenko, Khusnutdinov are the ones who come to my mind. Hopefully Michkov and Demidov are just too talented and will eventually get where we expect them to be

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018

Michkov scored on a absolutely record-breaking level in the VHL. Head and shoulders above everything that has been seen there so far his age. And he was a penalty shot away from being 0.5 GPG for by far the worst KHL team. No idea what some people here talking about. Again, Austria and Germany dont play in the KHL.

But when I look at who ranked Wright ahead of Michkov some time ago I can understand why some people want to talk Michkov down to Wright's unsatisfied level of play.

Reactions: BMann

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Sochi had more scoring chances in the 1st period vs SKA than in previous 3 or 4 full games combined. 3 of them were created by Michkov, pity it's just 1 assist to him.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
He's more like a victim of circumstances this season. Got injured in a preseason game which took him out for a couple of months, who knows maybe he'd carved out a roster spot in SKA lineup if he'd played from the very beginning. Was sent to the VHL after the recovery and did really well there (almost GPG). Now he's playing in Sochi, a terrible hockey team that allows 40 - 50 SOG every game and just can't hold the puck. How can he produce points if his team just doesn't have the puck? Do u expect him to do it all by himself, going coast-to-coast and scoring? That's KHL, not a Playstation. And yh on top of all he can't showcase himself in international tournaments.
P.S. SKA's recruiting lots of young talent and keeps them playing in the MHL and VHL, cuz there are no roster spots in the main team, which keeps contending every season. I guess SKA already did some damage to the growing curves of several promising players: Chibrikov, Svechkov, Morozov etc. It's sad that young dudes have to suffer from Rotenberg's imperial ambitions: it seems like he wants to combine winning KHL titles with producing young star talent. Which's absurd
P.P.S. Some young players still manage to get through that meat grinder. Marchenko, Khusnutdinov are the ones who come to my mind. Hopefully Michkov and Demidov are just too talented and will eventually get where we expect them to be
Agree with alot here and like I said his situation this year has been far from optimal, hopefully it improves post draft where he should go in the top 3 based on skill.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Michkov scored on a absolutely record-breaking level in the VHL. Head and shoulders above everything that has been seen there so far his age. And he was a penalty shot away from being 0.5 GPG for by far the worst KHL team. No idea what some people here talking about. Again, Austria and Germany dont play in the KHL.

But when I look at who ranked Wright ahead of Michkov some time ago I can understand why some people want to talk Michkov down to Wright's unsatisfied level of play.
Not sure why you posted that thread but if it was directed at me I took the 2 centers at the time and said basically throw all 3 names in a hat as we didn't know which direction these prospects would take.

The deployment of both Wright and and Michov have been disappointing this year as I have explained up thread.

Obviously with waht has happened since October 11 2022 most would now have it Bedard, Michov and then Wright.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
This Popov guy is actually one of Sochi players I love. Very good skater, really fast. Scored a laser from Michkov's pass and then nice assist on Matvei's goal.

Overall Michkov's 3+1 after 7 games for Sochi. As far as I understand he leads the team in goals and points in those 7 games.

Last edited:

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Both Bedard and Michkov is practicing to much on the Michigan. Ålay hockey instead, that move is just goalie interfence anyway.

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
I actually think Columbus would take him if they fall out of the top 2 and Michkov falls out as well. We already have quite the Russian pipeline and have shown we're willing to wait for guys to come over and lately they have all been worth it (Gavrikov, Chinakov, Marchenko, Tarasov)

Marchenko is an interesting case, he had seemingly meh numbers in the khl before he came over but has been looking like one of CBJs best players almost on a nightly basis and is absolutely tearing it up(though it'd be nice to see some assists 😂)

olgerd

Oct 19, 2021
Draft year stats in the KHL/Superliga.
Michkov plays in the weakest team.

GP
PTS
PPG
Tarasenko
42​
24 (13+11)0.571
Ovechkin
53​
24 (13+11)0.453
Malkin
34​
12 (3+9)0.353
Panarin
20​
9 (1+8)0.450
Kaprizov
31​
8 (4+4)0.258
Kuznetsov
35​
8 (2+6)0.229
Nichushkin
18​
6 (4+2)0.333
Kucherov
9​
2 (0+2)0.222
Michkov
7 (max 28)
4 (3+1)0.571

Last edited:

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Draft year stats in the KHL/Superliga.
Michkov plays in the weakest team.

GP
PTS
PPG
Tarasenko
42​
24 (13+11)0.571
Ovechkin
53​
24 (13+11)0.453
Malkin
34​
12 (3+9)0.353
Panarin
20​
9 (1+8)0.450
Kaprizov
31​
8 (4+4)0.258
Kuznetsov
35​
8 (2+6)0.229
Nichushkin
18​
6 (4+2)0.333
Kucherov
9​
2 (0+2)0.222
Michkov
7 (max 28)
4 (3+1)0.571

Michkov is behind all those nonames, what a bust.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Tough to say. Sochi is absolutely garbage. The leading scorer on Sochi has 16 points in 40 games. Besides playing with Phoenix Coyotes legend Brandon Gormley, he has no help lol.

Not tough to say. Even if Michkov's current rate with Sochi declines a bit he'll produce comparably with Ovechkin and much better than Malkin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad