RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Michkov will go #2. The gap between him and everyone else not names Bedard is massive, he is the 2nd best player in this draft by a long shot.

None of the teams in the bottom of the standings are close enough to competing that waiting 3 years is a deterrent.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
No GM is putting their career on the line like that

Not even sure if any owner would let them
How so? Kid is easily one of the top 10 prospects of the past 10 years.

Teams wait 2 years for prospects all the time, waiting an additional extra year for Michkov is well worth it.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Not a chance

Why would anyone take your opinion seriously after your said this?

dumbpost.png

dem

Mar 17, 2002
It's pretty tough to draft a guy with a high pick when you know he probably wont even come over until after you're fired.

He's gonna fall pretty hard I think.

Reactions: Mr Buckles

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
As a Canucks fan my worry is Aquilini stepping in and saying no. Track record indicates that he isn’t very patient

Aqualini doesnt really get involved with drafting...thank god.

Case in point, we drafted Podkolzin who was still under contract with the KHL and we had to wait a couple of seaons to get him into our system in North America.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
How so? Kid is easily one of the top 10 prospects of the past 10 years.

Teams wait 2 years for prospects all the time, waiting an additional extra year for Michkov is well worth it.

3 more years signed after drafting him, BUT the real worry is the Michov signs another contract with the KHL after that.

There's a real chance you dont get Michov in the NHL until he is 25 yr old or so and you totally give up control of developing the player and give full control to his KHL team to properly develop and deploy him.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
There's no chance. Don't make up bullshit.

Trust me i want Mikhov and i want him here ASAP.

but you'd be a fool if you didnt think that GMS/Owners are looking at every angle.

There's nothing stopping Mikhov from signing another 1-2 year contract after his current 3 year one expires especially if he gets drafted by a team in a less than ideal situation.

Lets say Arizona for example, what if in 3 years they still dont have a new arena and they still arent competitive.

You think Mikhov will come over to NA to play in a college arena to get whooped every night?

I do think MM will be here in 3 years after his contract, but lets not pretend there are no risks that it might be longer than 3 years.

I havent even touched on politics.

BlueBull

Habby Man
Oct 11, 2017
Vancouver Island
It's pretty tough to draft a guy with a high pick when you know he probably wont even come over until after you're fired.

He's gonna fall pretty hard I think.
Michkov is the Peter Forsberg of the 2023 NHL Draft.

You know he is super talented, you know he is going to fall, and you KNOW that everyone who passed on him will regret it.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I remember when Forsberg went 6th and ended up being better than golden boy Lindros. :)

olgerd

Oct 19, 2021

but you'd be a fool if you didnt think that GMS/Owners are looking at every angle.

There's nothing stopping Mikhov from signing another 1-2 year contract after his current 3 year one expires especially if he gets drafted by a team in a less than ideal situation.

Lets say Arizona for example, what if in 3 years they still dont have a new arena and they still arent competitive.

You think Mikhov will come over to NA to play in a college arena to get whooped every night?

I do think MM will be here in 3 years after his contract, but lets not pretend there are no risks that it might be longer than 3 years.

Trust me there is more chance that Michkov will come a year earlier than he will come a year later. Anyone who knows the inner workings will agree with this.

Last edited:

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018
One of the two commentators: Berdin, what is he doing there? The second game in a row a penalty due to delay of a game. How can that be? Guys don't be surprised by your bad results. Everything is said. :laugh:

Zine

Feb 28, 2002

On no planet is Michkov signing an extention with SKA if he develops as expected.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
That's an accurate assessment, and will age flawlessly.

I'll gladly double down on it.

Michkov is not as good a playmaking as DeBrincat. You forgot to mention that again.

Cmon, let's stay consistent here.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Aww shit, he gotta do like Malkin did in 2005. If I recall correctly, he was hiding his KHL team in Helsinki for couple of days before quietly flying to the USA. He never let his KHL team to find out his plans.
How do you hide a team in Helsinki? I genuinely want to know so I can try this.

No GM is putting their career on the line like that

Not even sure if any owner would let them
One can spin it and say the GM is risking his career by not taking him if he ends up to be a superior player or HOF. See how that works.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona

And there's nothing stopping Carlsson from staying in the SHL if he wants, or Fantilli to stay in the NCAA if he wants.

Michkov said it clearly he wants to go to the NHL and be the best. He did what he thought was best for his family signing that contract with SKA. Can we stop with the insane theories of him staying forever there?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad