RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Michkov is not as good a playmaking as DeBrincat. You forgot to mention that again.

Cmon, let's stay consistent here.
Yes, that is a cold hard fact.
One can spin it and say the GM is risking his career by not taking him if he ends up to be a superior player or HOF. See how that works.
No GM would be around long enough to see that happen :laugh:

Andy Dufresne

Jun 17, 2009
How do you hide a team in Helsinki? I genuinely want to know so I can try this.

One can spin it and say the GM is risking his career by not taking him if he ends up to be a superior player or HOF. See how that works.
Too Political for this forum?

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Everybody is well aware of your point of view by now. No need to rehash it over and over.

Thank you for posting Mrs. Bedard.
Has nothing to do with Bedard.

It's only the Michkov fan club that has decided to make everything about Bedard.

I scout players individually and judge them against everyone in the class. I don't have any personal vendettas against anyone (barring Mitch Miller-type situations).

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

It's only the Michkov fan club that has decided to make everything about Bedard.

I scout players individually and judge them against everyone in the class. I don't have any personal vendettas against anyone (barring Mitch Miller-type situations).

And I've watched 95% of Michkov's games since 2020, so?

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin

????

Bedard has been mentioned only here and there in this thread. And nobody's thrown him under the bus.
And of course he'll be brought up as a comparison some times. Him and Michkov have been neck-to-neck everytime they've faced equal competition.

Don't worry Mrs. Bedard. everybody respects Connor.

Reactions: mab894 and BMann

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Who's his closest historical or current comparable in playing style? And what kind of offensive upside are we talking in today's scoring environment?

Based on the hype, I'm becoming less weary of the Canucks taking him (if he even falls that far).

Reactions: The Wizard

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
You pick Michkov so that 4 years down the line when he is a star, you can tell your prospective employer that you saw the hidden gem that others did not.
You can say that about the likes of Jason Robertson, Sebastian Aho, Ryan O'Reilly, Alex DeBrincat. Michkov would be an extremely lazy 2nd overall pick regardless of whether it ultimately proves right or wrong.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Awaiting the return of my beloved team
Nov 14, 2018
He's damn good. I think he goes 4th. Fantilli and Carlsson will go before him because they're big C's and teams will have more control over them. It'll be an interesting re-draft in 2030.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Good player for Arizona to get, since they're probably not looking for an instant impact anyway.

Michkov/Cooley/Guenther would be a pretty promising top line of the future.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
One of the two commentators: Berdin, what is he doing there? The second game in a row a penalty due to delay of a game. How can that be? Guys don't be surprised by your bad results. Everything is said. :laugh:
Also he called Michkov a 20 years old numerous times. Maybe he knows something we don't:sarcasm:

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Also he called Michkov a 20 years old numerous times. Maybe he knows something we don't:sarcasm:

He corrected himself later. He kinda had a point though. I mean that unsportmanlike conduct minor wasn't necessary at all. Michkov goes really crazy during games sometimes. Hope he won't go Marchand way...

Vikz

Dec 26, 2021
According to a russian sports news outlet, after leaving the box Michkov came to the referee and the dialogue went something like:

- What the f**k was that?
- How are you talking to me?
- Talking to you however the f**k I want.
*Michkov back to the box.

Not saying he has anger or attitude problems, he is just a kid still. But if his hockey skills are considered by GMs to be on the same level as those of his draft competitors, other things like that might push him down in the draft.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
According to a russian sports news outlet, after leaving the box Michkov came to the referee and the dialogue went something like:

Not saying he has anger or attitude problems, he is just a kid still. But if his hockey skills are considered by GMs to be on the same level as those of his draft competitors, other things like that might push him down in the draft.

this sounds totally made up unless Michkov told the outlet what he said, which than you can say he might be bluffing about it, either way this kid is captain material. Canucks would be happy with this kid.

Vikz

Dec 26, 2021
this sounds totally made up unless Michkov told the outlet what he said, which than you can say he might be bluffing about it, either way this kid is captain material. Canucks would be happy with this kid.
Well the media (sports.ru) is quite reputable. Also, during the initial penalty, he angrily shouted the same "what the f**k was that"? This can be clearly heard on the video (unlike his dialogue with the referee before the second penalty that I was referring to previously).

Once again, not saying he has issues.
Not saying, that even if he has, this will make any GM ignore him.
Just saying, that he definitely had a meltdown with swearing and yelling at a referee which costed them two goals. And russian media picked up on it, with the consensus in the (russian) comments being that he already thinks he is a star, without achieving anything yet. Russians really don't like rude and spoiled children.

Reactions: hairylikebear

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
Well the media (sports.ru) is quite reputable. Also, during the initial penalty, he angrily shouted the same "what the f**k was that"? This can be clearly heard on the video (unlike his dialogue with the referee before the second penalty that I was referring to previously).

Once again, not saying he has issues.
Not saying, that even if he has, this will make any GM ignore him.
Just saying, that he definitely had a meltdown with swearing and yelling at a referee which costed them two goals. And russian media picked up on it, with the consensus in the (russian) comments being that he already thinks he is a star, without achieving anything yet. Russians really don't like rude and spoiled children.
If he becomes a superstar in the NHL, that'll be his "personality", I can't say whether I like his manner tho. As soon as the PR manager teaches him to say a few polite words in the interview, others will praise him as a good boy.
He was considered as a young genarational player, so I think he could be proud.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
And there's nothing stopping Carlsson from staying in the SHL if he wants, or Fantilli to stay in the NCAA if he wants.

Michkov said it clearly he wants to go to the NHL and be the best. He did what he thought was best for his family signing that contract with SKA. Can we stop with the insane theories of him staying forever there?
Unfortunately he is Russian and therefore people will never shut up about it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad