RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
I think it was reported he sort of made clear to at least Arizona that he wouldn't play there. Seems like an entitled kid to me.
I would agree that dictating to not play for a team like Lindros did is a no no. It's bs

But saying no to Arz is an entire different story. That org is a joke and how it's been run the last couple years is an embarrassment to the sport

Nothing entitled about telling that org to go pound sand.

Reactions: tnfrs

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
I would agree that dictating to not play for a team like Lindros did is a no no. It's bs

But saying no to Arz is an entire different story. That org is a joke and how it's been run the last couple years is an embarrassment to the sport

Nothing entitled about telling that org to go pound sand.
sam dickinson refused to report to camp and forced the niagra icedogs to trade his rights to London after text messages leaked where the icedog's GM was talking all kinds of shit about his own scouting team, and it was right after they scouted and drafted Sam. So theres cases where I think a player should have some control of their own destiny, I wouldnt want to learn english and leave home to play for a team in north america that doesnt have their shit together and doesnt even have proper facilities. I think it made sense for teams to pass on him, if he was even a little hesitant to say he wanted to play for them it saves a bunch of bullshirt

Reactions: bobbythebrain

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
im just thankfull that Michkov is never on the ice for these goals, i cant remember a time where hes been on the wrong side of a big play going the other way but I didnt see the first game sochi played against SKA

Reactions: FlyguyOX

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
maybe the vasterviks game will go better, it starts in a couple min im not sure if Ciernik is playing but theres lots of flyers prospects playing all day

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Bobrov was the guy that drafted the freaking child Kravtsov. He is a bad judge of character.
For mtl fans its better to hope that Bobrov and Hughes are under pressure of stupid owners, who said "you will not draft this putins child no matter what", than at least it give a chance that they are competent enough to find another talented players for their team.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This is another reason why I was so excited for PHI to draft Michkov. It could have a destination effect for Russian players. And if the Flyers have brain cells they should essentially lose all fear of drafting any Russian player
I’ve always said this. Any team that takes this stance and conquers the Russian market will become a dynasty. It’s the most under-drafted, and the scale has only increased since the war. You can’t find immediate top 6 NHL’ers that weren’t drafted anywhere else. The goalies too are the best in the world. If you needed a goalie, you could probably find someone good too.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
He's a sneaky guy.
Yeah, that’s not a lucky garbage goal. That’s a goal because he knows where to be better than others in the offensive zone to get high quality scoring chances near the net. If this was most players you could say it’s a lucky garbage goal, but you see this stuff so many times from him that you know it’s completely calculated.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm more angry at the Slafkovsky pick than the Reinbacher one.
It should be the opposite. Nobody knew who’d be the best of the 2022 draft eligibles. Montreal made their guess. They’ll probably be wrong. That stuff isn’t too unusual.

Passing up the best Russian prospect since Ovechkin is indefensible. For more than only the Habs. Every team other than Chicago it was indefensible.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
It should be the opposite. Nobody knew who’d be the best of the 2022 draft eligibles. Montreal made their guess. They’ll probably be wrong. That stuff isn’t too unusual.

Passing up the best Russian prospect since Ovechkin is indefensible. For more than only the Habs. Every team other than Chicago it was indefensible.
Cooley was very clearly the best player available in 2022. At least Montreal wasn't the only team who passed on Michkov. At least that's what I tell myself if I were a habs fan.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad