RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SlafCaufield

formely KotkaCaufield
Jul 13, 2020
Pointe-Claire
I cannot believe Montreal passed on this guy

He is insane, sublimely talented
such a weird post

he's good allof the sudden because he can perform on a bottom feeder KHL team? What happened when he was on a real team? He struggled

and even if he did good on a real KHL team,, do I actually want to use a top 5 draft pick on a player that would get out performed by Nigel Dawes?

ijuka

May 14, 2016
and even if he did good on a real KHL team,, do I actually want to use a top 5 draft pick on a player that would get out performed by Nigel Dawes?
So are you saying that top 5-picked players should be the best in the non-NHL league they're playing in? How likely is that?

Reactions: tnfrs

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
such a weird post

he's good allof the sudden because he can perform on a bottom feeder KHL team? What happened when he was on a real team? He struggled

You should ask the mods to delete this post, it is horrific and embarrassing

If you actually think David Reinbacher is a better player than Matvei Michkov then I don’t even know what to say

Unger9

Sep 7, 2016
Kitchener, ON
:huh::laugh: :huh: :laugh: :huh: :lol: :lol:

Oh right the real team who is shitting the bed and the bottom feeder who is 10-4 now

Since Michkov joined the team Sochi hasn't even once yet played Vityaz, Kunlun, Neftekhimik, Barys, or Amdiral

Last edited:

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
While I don't agree with his post and have a strong belief in Matvei, it wasn't even called the KHL back then. Different league, can't compare.
It absorbed the Russian Superleague, it's probably still the best league in Europe. What's changed in your mind?

staveNsteel

Jan 18, 2021
such a weird post

No, this is such a weird post..

It's not that he can perform on a bottom feeder KHL team (which isn't such a bottom feeder right now.... and why is that you may ask?!).

Being a Habs fan, I'm just fine with Reinbacher because, well, that's who they ultimately drafted.. but to put Michkov down just shows poor understanding of the game at any level. He was the better/more talented choice, and he should have gone top 3 at worst.

Briere has a long leash in Philly.. Trotz wanted to move up to 5 to take him.. CBJ needed a C because Jaarmo is on his last leg with fans and I'm sure ownership is watching him closely. Anaheim wanted that strong C.. Greir and the Sharks apparently weren't ready to make that move and Arizona,y guess is that MM wasn't too keen on playing there. Philly got a top 2 talent in any draft at #7.. yes he's that good, yes he's going to be good.. and what he's doing so far in the KHL is pretty remarkable.

So, your comment holds no ground, and your negativity towards Michkov is evident. Hopefully you can come up with some more relevant information to support your claims.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
such a weird post

We can literally make this same stupid argument for all the players that put up points playing on your garbo bottom feeder team being iced this year. Outside of Suzuki, Caufield and maybe Guhle Montreal will be one of several outhouses for the other teams in the league this year, borderline AHL team. All the players there would struggle on real Stanley Cup contenders and playoff teams.

See how dumb your argument is?

Reactions: Luc Labelle

ReimanSum1908

Feb 23, 2012
Montreal

If you actually think David Reinbacher is a better player than Matvei Michkov then I don’t even know what to say
Only fools and water-carriers for the team did believe so; the rest of us were wailing and gnashing our teeth on passing over the best forward that the franchise would have had in three decades.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal

I wanted this kid so bad....that dude you replied to is a massive homer if we picked michkov he would say he's going to be a 100 point forward for mtl lol

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
So now that we can finally all agree that the kid is a future superstar, who does Philly need around him tk maximize his potential? Gauthier is the only other bluechip talent in the system

Goggles

Dec 20, 2022
So now that we can finally all agree that the kid is a future superstar, who does Philly need around him tk maximize his potential? Gauthier is the only other bluechip talent in the system
Hard to say. His other teammate could be their next first rounder in 2024. He could be someone we trade for in exchange for Laughton, Couturier, Sanheim or Konecny. I think it's fair to say the team will have a veteran mentor to help him acclimatize with life in the league and North America.

Unger9

Sep 7, 2016
Kitchener, ON
The Flyers biggest need now with Gauthier and Michkov is guys who can hold onto the puck for days and skate laps around you. That is sorely missing and perfectly filled by Demidov, obviously Celebrini. Not Cole Eiserman

Demidov fits onto the Flyers roster so perfectly. I'd be so disappointed if the squad somehow overperforms this year

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
such a weird post

Sochi won 9 out of 10 games after Michkov joined the team. And Nigel Dawes had 0.5 PPG season in NHL and had better WHC than Connor McDavid (4+4 in 7 vs 1+8 in 10).

Reactions: tnfrs

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
id like to see gauthier on his natural left wing, michkov on his natural right side, and put a center in between them that can play a barkov/toews role. they need a two-way guy who can make up for some of michkov's tendency to cheat up the ice early and who can consitently win and support puck battles and they need the offensive awareness to get open in the right spots, that would my ideal.

Reactions: Guadana and Unger9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad