RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
I'm pretty sure you haven't watched a lot of his games, probably most of them...
I watched his games in necessary amounts, but let's grant you that point for the argument sake.
So what follows? I have called him one of the most if not the most talented player in his draft class. If I watched him more would I change my mind? Maybe he would become taller in my eyes? Or maybe his skating would become Fedorovesque?

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I watched his games in necessary amounts, but let's grant you that point for the argument sake.
So what follows? I have called him one of the most if not the most talented player in his draft class. If I watched him more would I change my mind? Maybe he would become taller in my eyes? Or maybe his skating would become Fedorovesque?

You've noticed at least that his skating is pretty Crosbyesque.

MrGuyPerson

Aug 19, 2020
Michkov is dangling out there this first period. He is due for a big game. Annnnnd he just scored. Tap in. Love it.
Came here just to say this. Kid walked like half Severstal on the powerplay. He is feeling it today. I will be shocked if he doesn't score more than 1

Reactions: tnfrs

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Came here just to say this. Kid walked like half Severstal on the powerplay. He is feeling it today. I will be shocked if he doesn't score more than 1

He shows how actually good his skating is. He doesn't even need stick to walk opponents. His edge work and body work is crazy even if he isn't the fastest player on the ice.

Last edited:

Matti Mich

Jul 19, 2023
I think that he's really starting to look more comfortable on the ice in these recent games.
It's probably a benefit to that he has a starting role and doesn't feel like he has to play as safe to keep it.

Reactions: EdmFlyersfan

Unger9

Sep 7, 2016
Kitchener, ON
Could've had 4 points today. It really feels like he's going to keep up the point per game pace. And I felt today there was a change in his play. He had more of a star mentality in that he knew he's the one responsible for turning every play into a scoring chance

How crazy is it that he has 11 pts in 9 games and he's still transforming his game to new levels

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad