RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
there's no IF. they clearly would have known about him, what they say to the media is one thing as it's well known the Habs have the worst media/fan base in the NHL as they are f***ing nuts.

I think Michkov is overrated plain and simple, I don't think he will be much better then Caufield in the NHL. So we'll see who is the right at scouting or not. Keep in mind I don't care about scouting, I watched Michkov at 15 because he was on the team of a guy I wanted to watch. I wasn't there to focus on him. I cover the Hab prospects for different websites over the years so my focus is always on that.

But I have been doing this since the late '90's. I actually had VHS tapes that I would exchange with a girl in Moscow way back in the day that she told me the tapes I sent her of Habs games were likely taken by the KGB (this was early '00's) I got to see AO at 17, Andrei Kostitsyn at 18 in the old RSL (he looked terrible)
are you grant mccagg

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
there's no IF. they clearly would have known about him, what they say to the media is one thing as it's well known the Habs have the worst media/fan base in the NHL as they are f***ing nuts.

I think Michkov is overrated plain and simple, I don't think he will be much better then Caufield in the NHL. So we'll see who is the right at scouting or not. Keep in mind I don't care about scouting, I watched Michkov at 15 because he was on the team of a guy I wanted to watch. I wasn't there to focus on him. I cover the Hab prospects for different websites over the years so my focus is always on that.

But I have been doing this since the late '90's. I actually had VHS tapes that I would exchange with a girl in Moscow way back in the day that she told me the tapes I sent her of Habs games were likely taken by the KGB (this was early '00's) I got to see AO at 17, Andrei Kostitsyn at 18 in the old RSL (he looked terrible)
okay, will see. Strong opinion is an easy thing to return.
If you are doing it so long you should learn from mistakes to doing it better. This is the only way in any job.

Last edited:
Reactions: PhiladelphiaCryers

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Nice play. SKA is kinda weird this year, lots of good players, but nobody special, also, no chemistry at all. At the end of the day, maybe it is better for him to play for Sochi instead of SKA in such situation

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Whatever intel Bobrov might have gotten from his dad/SKA brass about Michkov doesn't necessarily mean anything considering SKA brass has shown to be stupid about Michkov. The loan/scratching of Michkov is already appearing to be an obviously stupid decision.

Of course it means something, to suggest otherwise is insane. What SKA does has no bearing on finding out about things about Michkov as a a person.

I don't know the situation as I don't care one way or the other but there has been talk of attitude or whatever. So SKA might be dumb as shit or they know something you don't.

are you grant mccagg

I did work for him many many years ago, his opinions aren't good but he at least was very connected due to who his family members are that used to hold high positions in the NHL.

okay, will see. Strong opinion is an easy thing to return.
If you are doing it so long you should learn from mistakes to doing it better. This is the only way in any job.

I wouldn't say strong opinion, which is why I stated that I don't scout prospects for the draft, my job is in covering the Hab prospects, but no matter how long you do things, you will make mistakes, that goes for every human that ever lived.

Only time will tell who ends up being right. winning in the NHL playoffs is certainly not easy so we'll see how it goes for him once he's over here.

So far the only legal stream (works for Sochi home games) is apparently this: Прямой эфир телеканала "Сочи 24 HD" ; illegal aren't allowed here.

do other teams do that as it sucks now that espn+ doesn't carry KHL games anymore as having them ondemand works much better for me.

Caser

May 21, 2013
twitter.com
do other teams do that as it sucks now that espn+ doesn't carry KHL games anymore as having them ondemand works much better for me.

Some other local TV channels have streams like that too, but those are geoblocked, Sochi is the only exception for some reason. KHL full season games apparently are still purchasable via the app though:

So they have the new offer with Yandex Plus for russian subscribers active now for 1.990 RUB yearly.

As a foreigner it is still not possible to subscribe with a western credit card. But I just found a way to buy the offer. For that I installed the KHL app at my Android device, logged in to my account and there is the possibility to pay for single games and montly or yearly passes for one team or all games. Just ordered the yearly pass for all matches for 33,99€ with payment via my google account. After that the webstream works as well again also at my desktop PC at home.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
Of course it means something, to suggest otherwise is insane. What SKA does has no bearing on finding out about things about Michkov as a a person.

I don't know the situation as I don't care one way or the other but there has been talk of attitude or whatever. So SKA might be dumb as shit or they know something you don't.

Unless Bobrov had some secret information about Michkov’s contract getting extended past 2026, the notion that any intel that he would have gotten from his dad’s SKA connections would be enough to move the needle on drafting him is dubious at best. And that’s assuming that the intel would even be a correct assessment by SKA, which, given their track record of evaluating Michkov, is highly tenuous.

Reactions: Too2train

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad