RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Russian players are far better at passing the puck than North Americans(Canadians and Americans) and are a lot more imaginative with their plays and set ups and having the D-man come in as the trailer to the play

Reactions: User9992

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I'd say he already is good enough to play in the NHL. He thinks the game faster then 90% of NHLers and other skills aren't bad too. His skating problems are overdramatized. His edgework is elite, which is very important for playing in opponents' zone. And he sees the ice as very few does.

On the other hand Philadelphia doesn't need him right now, they need a proper rebuild.

Last edited:

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
I'd say he already is good enough to play in the NHL. He thinks the game faster then 90% of NHLers and other skills aren't bad too. His skating problems are dramatized. His edgework is elite, which is very important for playing in opponents' zone. And he sees the ice as very few does.

On the other hand Philadelphia doesn't need him right now, they need a proper rebuild.
if theyre smart philly will start unloading right wings at the very least. michkov is showing hes the real deal, maybe even a realer deal than anyone thought because he used to be a pure goal scorer and now he's showing an unreal ability to make plays like its easy mode. he'll have more than enough shooters to feed pucks to, Berkly Catton would be the perfect two way center with high end offense

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
if theyre smart philly will start unloading right wings at the very least. michkov is showing hes the real deal, maybe even a realer deal than anyone thought because he used to be a pure goal scorer and now he's showing an unreal ability to make plays like its easy mode. he'll have more than enough shooters to feed pucks to, Berkly Catton would be the perfect two way center with high end offense

Yeah, he's very similar in this to Kaprizov, who was considered a goal scorer but turned out to be as good playmaker. Hope, Matvei will be even better player. Btw Russian press said that Kaprizov could go to Phli after his contract with Minnesota is over, probably speculations but him and Michkov on the same line could be epic.

• Wow
Reactions: tnfrs

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Russian players are far better at passing the puck than North Americans(Canadians and Americans) and are a lot more imaginative with their plays and set ups and having the D-man come in as the trailer to the play
Cant agree with you here. I think that now Canadians are better with passing. I think Russians have better skating mostly, but passing and forechecking are better in Canadians hockey school.

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
Yeah, he's very similar in this to Kaprizov, who was considered a goal scorer but turned out to be as good playmaker. Hope, Matvei will be even better player. Btw Russian press said that Kaprizov could go to Phli after his contract with Minnesota is over, probably speculations but him and Michkov on the same line could be epic.
that would be amazing. i know michkov talks to zamula and stays in touch with the team through him, it would be cool if he had some russians to play with,or at least russian speakers like kolosov

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Cant agree with you here. I think that now Canadians are better with passing. I think Russians have better skating mostly, but passing and forechecking are better in Canadians hockey school.

Nah, not Canadians overall but the best of them. So World Cup/Olympics level players have superb passing skills, average NHLers aren't better than average KHLers if better at all.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Nah, not Canadians overall but the best of them. So World Cup/Olympics level players have superb passing skills, average NHLers aren't better than average KHLers if better at all.
Its hard to evaluate. Regular canadians from 4th lines arent better than regular Russians from second lines in KHL. But Russian KHL 4th liners arent better(if we are not talking about young talented players). And second liners canadians from NHL better passers than second liners or even Russian first liners in KHL. Top canadians are better passers than top Russians in NHL and there are more top canadian players.

But skating is better in Russia. And in Sweden.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
I'd say he already is good enough to play in the NHL. He thinks the game faster then 90% of NHLers and other skills aren't bad too. His skating problems are overdramatized. His edgework is elite, which is very important for playing in opponents' zone. And he sees the ice as very few does.

Philly is a mess! Farabee,York,Sanheim,Konecny,Tippett,Frost and Foerster can stay the rest well... a majority have to go...there is hope Andrae plays for the Flyers this year and Fedotov and Kolosov next year...Not sure what's happening to Hart...but yeah you can't have a potential Super-Star like Michkov coming into a Shit-Show

I'd say watch a bunch of KHL games and watch the artistry of their passing...love seeing the flip,saucer pass too...few NHLers make this pass

Reactions: FlyguyOX

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
There are no his fault because mtl group were stupid.
Definitely Stupid...it floored me when Montreal took the D-man instead of the sure thing Super-Star in Michkov

Its hard to evaluate. Regular canadians from 4th lines arent better than regular Russians from second lines in KHL. But Russian KHL 4th liners arent better(if we are not talking about young talented players). And second liners canadians from NHL better passers than second liners or even Russian first liners in KHL. Top canadians are better passers than top Russians in NHL and there are more top canadian players.

But skating is better in Russia. And in Sweden.
You are entitled to your opinion

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
People in booth the Flyers media and Arizona media have outline Michkov pretty much told Arizona he wouldn’t go there

Yeah, they could trade him. Imagine what he'll be worth in 3 years... Hell, he's already worth a lot. Coyotes are gonna be real in coming seasons, they could trade Michkov to a rebuilding team for an established star veteran. In the way Devils did last season.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad