RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Holy shit. Hockey coaches everywhere just creamed and Garl died. Oh and he blocked a shot right before this that led to the rush in the first place

Ohhhhhhhh nooooòooooo, what a humiliating defeat!

Lol

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
2 years would have been ideal but 3 years isn’t a deal breaker since it really sets a realistic timeline where we can finish up a proper rebuild and begin to move forward when he come over.

We’re just thrilled to draft someone who projects as a franchise level player if all goes well. Make no mistake about it, without the Russian factor and politics along with it, he’s a first overall quality player. Off the top of my head, he was a better prospect than Lafreniere, Power, and Slafkosvky and in the same tier as Jack Hughes and Dahlin.
Fair enough. I can't argue with the pick. He's a great foundation piece to build with.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
is this your voice cracking
Of course, I am defeated

Ps A reminder that my beef was not with Michkov but with his groupies who said ridiculous things like "Michkov is the best player in KHL", "best season ever", "best player on SKA" etc
Michkov himself us a talented young man with long road ahead

Reactions: Czechboy

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
2 years would have been ideal but 3 years isn’t a deal breaker since it really sets a realistic timeline where we can finish up a proper rebuild and begin to move forward when he come over.

We’re just thrilled to draft someone who projects as a franchise level player if all goes well. Make no mistake about it, without the Russian factor and politics along with it, he’s a first overall quality player. Off the top of my head, he was a better prospect than Lafreniere, Power, and Slafkosvky and in the same tier as Jack Hughes and Dahlin.
Yeah, I think 3 years actually works out best for the Flyers as it gives them a chance to trawl the bottom for 2-3 years. When Michkov comes over, the Flyers should have a decent amount of talent (or at least potential) on paper. They should be bad for the 2-3 years with high draft picks. If the Flyers don’t get Celebrini or Eiserman in the upcoming draft, I’d love to draft a potential bonafide 1D. Michkov should hit the ground running in the NHL, and by that time the Flyers should be on the upswing and looking to make noise. I’m optimistic about the team in 4-5 years

Zephyr666

Apr 17, 2013
The guy at the end of his KHL Contract will have to decide to either :

1) Sign a 3 year NHL ELC
2) Sign a 1 year KHL contract (at bigger money than the ELC) and be eligible next year to sign a 2 year ELC
3) Sign another 3 year KHL contract (at bigger money than the ELC) and be eligible to sign a 1 year ELC

I think he choose number 2) and come here after 4 years. I hope for Flyers fan he does not go 3)

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
The guy at the end of his KHL Contract will have to decide to either :

1) Sign a 3 year NHL ELC
2) Sign a 1 year KHL contract (at bigger money than the ELC) and be eligible next year to sign a 2 year ELC
3) Sign another 3 year KHL contract (at bigger money than the ELC) and be eligible to sign a 1 year ELC

I think he choose number 2) and come here after 4 years. I hope for Flyers fan he does not go 3)
4) Leaves the KHL before his KHL contract is up.

Reactions: Devonator

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Of course, I am defeated

Ps A reminder that my beef was not with Michkov but with his groupies who said ridiculous things like "Michkov is the best player in KHL", "best season ever", "best player on SKA" etc
Michkov himself us a talented young man with long road ahead
I mean, he sure does look like the best player on SkA hes 5th in ppg right now in the Khl.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Fedotov situation makes it more likely. NHL doesn't have to agree to handshake agreement with KHL now.
KHL may be willing to go against IIHF with their current ban anyways but NHL won't, not to mention the uglier this gets the more likely Russia plays dirty with a kid like Michkov/his family like they did with Fedotov and Panarin even.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
He has 1.25 ppg, hes literally 5th and he is definitely the best player with Nikishin. Who are you Roman himself?
He has 5 pts in 6 games, talk about ppg is meaningless this early but you are factually wrong here

And he has to prove he is better than established vets, otherwise, would have been on the team

I am Roman lmao, you sure got me😅

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
He has 5 pts in 6 games, talk about ppg is meaningless this early but you are factually wrong here

And he has to prove he is better than established vets, otherwise, would have been on the team

This happened last year on the thread too. Posters remove games he didn't get points and only count the ones he does get points in. His SKA games last year were also not used by some because 'coach is an idiot' or 'he didn't play enough'. So even .ppg is up for debate on HFboards.haha

Ftr.. he's doing awesome and if he does get a .ppg this year it would be exceptional.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Disingenuously counting the game where he played 6 minutes? Sounds like you have absolutely nothing against Michkov lol.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Disingenuously counting the game where he played 6 minutes? Sounds like you have absolutely nothing against Michkov lol.
I am just stating a fact, if you dont want to use that game state your specific time period, or stay away from the "hes got that great PPG" line. Still only 1,0 btw

Ps had he scored in that game you would be using it right? Lol

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Disingenuously counting the game where he played 6 minutes? Sounds like you have absolutely There is context when your coach is an idiot, but IMO

There is obviously context required when the coach is a political appointee who should not be in charge of a Mite team, With that said - I think it's more disengenous to exclude a game where he actually played than count a game when he did actually play 6 minutes. If he scored in a game getting 6 minutes of icetime would you also exclude the game from the analysis?

If you have a weird situation like this, you can you P/60 or a similar metric to take into account the icetime. That's a lot more relevent than to arbitrarily cherry pick data to build a case around.

Snotbubbles

Oct 25, 2007
There is obviously context required when the coach is a political appointee who should not be in charge of a Mite team, With that said - I think it's more disengenous to exclude a game where he actually played than count a game when he did actually play 6 minutes. If he scored in a game getting 6 minutes of icetime would you also exclude the game from the analysis?

If you have a weird situation like this, you can you P/60 or a similar metric to take into account the icetime. That's a lot more relevent than to arbitrarily cherry pick data to build a case around.

The best way to do it would be to do something like basketball-reference does with their per 36 and normalizes all stats based on 36 minutes of play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad