RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Some people would still defend rottenberg after that clip of Zadorov being honest looks like those calling the coach not trust worthy with talents like Michkov were correct
You’ve seen someone defend Rotenberg? Everyone understands the reasons he’s in change and knows his lack of credentials

jackp0t

Jun 7, 2009
From the past 20 years, do you think Ovechkin and Laine had comparable shots? What about Stamkos too?

If you want to find an area Michkov might be on another level for someone his age (in the same vein as your post), does anyone find scoring chances around the net better than Michkov?

The point is I think it's reaching for anyone to claim one has distanced himself from the other. They've been neck and neck since this became a debate.

Great goal scorers but totally different style/shot than Bedard.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Some people would still defend rottenberg after that clip of Zadorov being honest looks like those calling the coach not trust worthy with talents like Michkov were correct

You’ve seen someone defend Rotenberg? Everyone understands the reasons he’s in change and knows his lack of credentials

Zadorov sensationalizes everything in that interview, though any normal person would agree with his sentiments.
I fail to believe he's so oblivious to not know Rotenberg is the laughing stock of Russian hockey media/social media.

Nobody here is defending Rotenberg.

Last edited:

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Zadorov sensationalizes everything in that interview, though any normal person would agree with his sentiments.
I fail to believe he's so oblivious to not know Rotenberg is the laughing stock of Russian hockey media/social media.

Thats probably his point, why dance around it. We pretend people that point out the obvious are villians.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

Yeah, he isn't very popular amongst Russian fans, and his interview shows it very well why. Ukrainians love him though...

Reactions: Zine

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
From the past 20 years, do you think Ovechkin and Laine had comparable shots? What about Stamkos too?

If you want to find an area Michkov might be on another level for someone his age (in the same vein as your post), does anyone find scoring chances around the net better than Michkov?

The point is I think it's reaching for anyone to claim one has distanced himself from the other. They've been neck and neck since this became a debate.
My comment was only talking about the shot. Not about hockey IQ, there are posts in Michkov threads from me saying that he's the prospect with best hockey IQ I've seen to date.

And Bedard has absolutely a better shot than Stamkos as a prospect. I barely can remember Ovechkin as a prospect so will not comment that. Laine is a good one, maybe the one that I could say is close but I give the edge to Bedard.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Thats probably his point, why dance around it. We pretend people that point out the obvious are villians.

But Zadorov far exceeds pointing out the obvious.... which actually serves to under-cut his position with his target audience.
A lot of people agree with his sentinments, but when he accentuates his points with time-tested stereotypes, histrionics and melodramatics, it's no wonder people turn against him.

He seems like a good guy, yet thoroughly lacking in self-awareness.

But whatever, this is off topic. Back to Michkov....

Last edited:

Unger9

Sep 7, 2016
Kitchener, ON
Laine's shot is harder, Bedard's release is more versatile

Btw I'm a Flyers fan and imo Bedard is clearly better at the moment. As I was mentioning Michkov has some work to do with his stick flex and shot velocity. Right now it would hold him back a bit in terms of goals scored in the NHL

Bedard has an elite IQ, Michkov's is close to or actually generational. Michkov right now has a high-end shot, Bedard's is generational

I agree @Pavel Buchnevich IQ and positioning based goals are more repeatable, but Michkov's edge is probably smaller in that department than Bedard's edge in shooting

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Both are not nhlers today. Both will light up the league. Until we will see both in NHL, we can't say who is better. And even than both will have different environment and different opponents to play against. Michkov will play against Devils, Sabres, Hurricanes and Bedard will play against western poopy doops.

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
Rotenberg is a total hack. He was only appointed as SKA coach because he is the son of Putin's ally. He has never coached or played the game professionally. He'll be fired before the end of 2023 I would imagine.
Unlikely unfortunately. Out of a rocket would be nice. Sheer nepotism that the crook is coaching SKA.

Reactions: Rebels57

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
Rotenberg junior only has his job and positions because of his corrupt oligarch father. His coaching of Team Russia if you can call it that this summer was laughable. It's like he has been given a toy to play with but knows next to nothing about coaching and the sport. It's a disgrace.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Pavel Bure in his 18-19 year old season: 14+10 in 46 games played
Alexander Mogilny: 12+8 in 39 gp
Sergei Fedorov: 9+8 in 44 gp
Alexander Ovechkin: 13+11 in 53 gp
Evgeny Malkin: 12+20 in 52 gp
Vladimir Tarasenko: 9+10 in 42 gp
Artemi Panarin: 5+16 in 40 gp
Evgeny Kuznetsov: 17+15 in 44 gp
Pavel Buchnevich: 7+11 in 40 gp
Kirill Kaprizov: 11+16 in 53 gp
Matvei Michkov in his 17-18 year old season for Sochi: 9+11 in 27 games
Michkov in 18-19 year old season: 2+3 in 4 gp.

Last edited:

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
Pavel Bure in his 18-19 year old season: 14+10 in 46 games played
Alexander Mogilny: 12+8 in 39 gp
Sergei Fedorov: 9+8 in 44 gp
Alexander Ovechkin: 13+11 in 53 gp
Evgeny Malkin: 12+20 in 52 gp
Vladimir Tarasenko: 9+10 in 42 gp
Artemi Panarin: 5+16 in 40 gp
Evgeny Kuznetsov: 17+15 in 44 gp
Pavel Buchnevich: 7+11 in 40 gp
Kirill Kaprizov: 11+16 in 53 gp
Matvei Michkov in his 17-18 year old season for Sochi: 9+11 in 27 games
Michkov in 18-19 year old season: 2+3 in 4 gp.

From what I pulled this summer, the best D+1 KHL PPG is Yakupov with .82. Yashin had .81 before the KHL.

A tall feat but Michkov could surpass those numbers, possibly even destroy them.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
From what I pulled this summer, the best D+1 KHL PPG is Yakupov with .82. Yashin had .81 before the KHL.

A tall feat but Michkov could surpass those numbers, possibly even destroy them.

Yashin had 22 points in 27 games in his D+1 season, just 2 points more than Michkov in his draft season.

Reactions: Redpath

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Imagine what this guy could really do if his Attitude was better.
He should easily be at or over 2ppg.
His teammates probably hate him more now.

You are correct sir, I have it on good authority Michkov eats baby kittens between periods. He's also been known to defecate on his head coach's desk.

Michkov is not a good teammate.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Another major record to beat is Kuznetsov's KHL U20 scoring record, 41 points in 49 games... Ah, my bad, it's actually Kaprizov's 42 points in 49 games.

Oh, and Malkin scored 47 points in 46 games but it wasn't in KHL.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad