RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
This is exactly the analogy I tend to make for the Michkov situation and others like it. Not taking a guy because you're worried he might not be crazy to play for you is self-defeating. Especially when he's this good.
for sure. I mean even if Lindros would NEVER play for them. Drafting him was 1000000000% the right call. so trading Michkov could have likely gotten Reinbacher + alot more.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Michkov scores twice against Traktor Chelyabinsk and I missed the whole game,darn it! Have to tune in the next one as I watched the game before when the youngster played well enough to get several points! Really like Michkov's game and there are going to be a lot of NHL GM's, Scouts that will look Very Stupido very soon! Keep it up the Good work and Play Matvei you are a Star in the "Making"!!!

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This never happened.
How do you know?

I doubt it. I understand why he could tell something like this to Arizona which played in not that great hockey place. But Montreal is known as an absolute crazy hockey city, and it was what Matvei wanted, to play in a big hockey market.
Didn’t Friedman say he only wanted to play in certain markets? Michkov seemingly was already willing to tell certain teams that he didn’t want to play in their market, so why would it be a surprise if he said he didn’t want to play in French-Canada?

Reactions: jj cale

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
This kid will be better than Bedard. That's my prediction.
What he's able to do against adults at 18 in the KHL has not been done before.
While it's possible he could end up better then Bedard I'm not sure if what he is doing in the KHL is going to be a strong argument for that prediction if Bedard starts producing well as an 18 year old against men in the best hockey league in the world.

And from what I've seen I'm pretty confident he's going to do just that. Thankfully we don't have long to wait to find out.

Reactions: Adele Dazeem

ReimanSum1908

Feb 23, 2012
Montreal
This kid will be better than Bedard. That's my prediction.
What he's able to do against adults at 18 in the KHL has not been done before.
I submit that's overly optimistic; however, I never doubted that he would prove to be the second best player in the draft and not by a particularly wide margin.

Michkov's performance and career will make five general managers look like fools.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
I think Michkov probably told them not to draft him. Playing in Montreal isn’t for everyone.

B.S, we (Habs) made a huge mistake, no need to cope.
1520256134-risitasue2.png

santapore

Oct 11, 2010
Bedard has an absolutely insane shot even by NHL standards, great hands and he’s physically developed. Considering he will get all the ice time he wants, I would be shocked if he doesn’t score something like 30+30 this year
well yes. you could be right...but bedard havent play against men yet...all those good shots are agains teenagers. and chicago is shitty team. in 1-2 years hes gonna be superstar for sure. this year..i dont know..

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Bedard did nothing to distance himself from Michkov. There’s nothing wrong with thinking Bedard will be the better player either.
It's reasonable to have that opinion. Neither player has distanced themselves from each other yet.

There can't be a definitive take with confidence in favour of either player at this stage.

Unger9

Sep 7, 2016
Kitchener, ON
I mean his release might be just a tad below Bedard’s
The release on the goal is great, although when he's shooting across his body he seems to have trouble releasing.

I also noticed that his stick doesn't flex very much during the shot, and so the velocity of the shot isn't really above average. I'd love to know what the flex # is on his stick. For shot velocity, he could really stand to lower his stick flex or get stronger. I wonder why he doesn't lower the stick flex. Someone mentioned to me it could be because he likes the stiffness for handling/finesse

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm sorry that I have to be the one but Bedard is on another level... It's not about Michkov. Bedard's shot is something we've never seen for someone his age
From the past 20 years, do you think Ovechkin and Laine had comparable shots? What about Stamkos too?

If you want to find an area Michkov might be on another level for someone his age (in the same vein as your post), does anyone find scoring chances around the net better than Michkov?

The point is I think it's reaching for anyone to claim one has distanced himself from the other. They've been neck and neck since this became a debate.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Some people would still defend rottenberg after that clip of Zadorov being honest looks like those calling the coach not trust worthy with talents like Michkov were correct

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad