RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
How to Flyers fans feel about the timeline for this kid? Content to wait or would you have been happier with a different prospect who is closer to making an impact for the Flyers?

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Pretty sure the Flyers and their fans are thrilled. Could be wrong, but I really doubt it. He's an amazing pick who'll dominate for them for years.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
How to Flyers fans feel about the timeline for this kid? Content to wait or would you have been happier with a different prospect who is closer to making an impact for the Flyers?
Thrilled about him and that he can develop away. Flyers' development has been as bad as any team in the league.

Reactions: FlyguyOX and Jay26

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
2 years would have been ideal but 3 years isn’t a deal breaker since it really sets a realistic timeline where we can finish up a proper rebuild and begin to move forward when he come over.

We’re just thrilled to draft someone who projects as a franchise level player if all goes well. Make no mistake about it, without the Russian factor and politics along with it, he’s a first overall quality player. Off the top of my head, he was a better prospect than Lafreniere, Power, and Slafkosvky and in the same tier as Jack Hughes and Dahlin.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Very happy it will force our FO to extend a much-needed rebuild.

Reactions: Jay26

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
I like the Michkov pick, but Ill like it even more if Danny keeps rebuilding. All this talk of Mathieu Joseph being a trade target concerns me, especially if we're doing it so we can bring in Tyler Boucher.
I mean it's a little cap space for a lottery ticket. If Boucher can figure out his injury issues then maybe a new environment is helpful.

Although I don't trust the flyers training/medical staff lol

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
I mean it's a little cap space for a lottery ticket. If Boucher can figure out his injury issues then maybe a new environment is helpful.

Although I don't trust the flyers training/medical staff lol
josephs contract is for 3 more years though and it will take a spot from a prospect without improving our team, boucher hasnt played a full season since his D-1 year and joseph has never played a full season except one of the covid years. we do not need more wade allisons.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
josephs contract is for 3 more years though and it will take a spot from a prospect without improving our team, boucher hasnt played a full season since his D-1 year and joseph has never played a full season except one of the covid years. we do not need more wade allisons.
There's always prospects that really have no shot at the NHL that get a contract. Fine by me if it's just 1 contract.

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
There's always prospects that really have no shot at the NHL that get a contract. Fine by me if it's just 1 contract.
and you think the flyers should be targetting prospects that have no shot in the nhl?

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
The Flyers are going to be mediocre-garbo during that time anyways, theyre in a full on rebuild. By the time his contract is up the Flyers will be rounding the bend and he will be coming in as a fully finished KHL star on an ELC.

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
The Flyers are going to be mediocre-garbo during that time anyways, theyre in a full on rebuild. By the time his contract is up the Flyers will be rounding the bend and he will be coming in as a fully finished KHL star on an ELC.

edit: sorry man i thought u were replying to me about boucher, im an idiot nvm

Last edited:

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
They will also most likely have a new decent top 6 center for him to play with when he's ready

Reactions: Jay26 and Devonator

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
Holy shit. Hockey coaches everywhere just creamed and Garl died. Oh and he blocked a shot right before this that led to the rush in the first place

hes just always involved offensively, every time hes on the ice hes driving play the right way. he doesnt take a ton of chances defensively hes not cheating as much anymore and hanging his team out to dry. hes definitely fast enough for the khl but if he focuses on his legs and his explosiveness over the next handful of off seasons he might be become a burner. he has a great stride he just gets no power from it, hes all hips from working on his edges so much

Unger9

Sep 7, 2016
Kitchener, ON
hes just always involved offensively, every time hes on the ice hes driving play the right way. he doesnt take a ton of chances defensively hes not cheating as much anymore and hanging his team out to dry. hes definitely fast enough for the khl but if he focuses on his legs and his explosiveness over the next handful of off seasons he might be become a burner. he has a great stride he just gets no power from it, hes all hips from working on his edges so much
It'll come. Especially considering he previously didn't take weight training seriously

Reactions: tnfrs

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
This exactly, and when you’re driving the play and setting up elite nhl talent, more often than not the plays end up in the back of the net. That’s why points aren’t everything in lesser leagues, you have to be able to see the bigger picture, which everyone understands and sees, minus Montreal fans / Garl.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad