RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I missed 20 pages of this topic especially because I understand that there were no room for him in SKA, they are trying to win here and now, Michkov is very young and very talented but he needs more polishing.
I knew he will be loaned. And I knew some people are celebrating what was going on with him. So now its going to end because he will produce a lot. He will make mistakes, he will learn from it and he will be even better player. And the narrative, that some people were happy to continue, will be ruined.
I will read some comments with hot tea and coockie. Because I will enjoy it.

Unger9

Sep 7, 2016
Kitchener, ON
His relationship with Rotenberg could be so f ucked up that it fundamentally changes the way he thinks when he's on the ice. But also.. he has never gotten a chance to play actual minutes with Rotenberg as HC

Reactions: Hanji

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
Damn I missed his game! Recap?
2 assists in the 3rd period, drew a penalty on a wrap around attempt that led to sochi tying the game, and then had a sweet assist off a faceoff to take the lead all in the last 5 minutes or so. the game ended up in overtime and he almost won it on a partial break. he didnt really take over the game but he didnt make any major errors, might take him a couple games to get used to the sochi systems again but he looked solid

Unger9

Sep 7, 2016
Kitchener, ON
Me think Michkov's fate was sealed last year when he reportedly ignored Rotenberg's off-season strength training regimen.
I never heard about this. Do you know any of the further details about it? In the sendoff message when he got loaned this week, Rotenberg said something to the effect of "he needs to harden up". So that lines up. But he's not skinny and seems pretty strong and sturdy out there

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He did the same things last season, and did the same things prior to reaching the KHL. This is a continuation. I'm glad he got 2 points in his first game, but I don't know why I should've believed he'd struggle. The start of the season at SKA wasn't Michkov struggling. They didn't see a place in the lineup for him.

On to Sochi now. I think he'll have a good season, and could be one of the leading scorers in the KHL.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
The speed at which he changes the play is the most impressive aspect of Michkov. He'll gather the puck and make a move to the net or around a player without any wasted movement. It's all in one motion, all at full speed. Usually this is a net positive, but sometimes bad turnovers can happen with it. It doesn't really matter. It's impressive stuff for a prospect at his age and his current level of competition. His foresight is uncanny.

I really like his game, just want him to have an environment to foster those instincts.

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
Honestly, if that was his first performance of the season. I just can't wait to see what his point total will be by the end. It's probably going to be seismic
thats michkov coming in cold, off the bench since mid-august when he started seeing 13th forward minutes, and just explodes. you could tell there was some nerves at first, and he just wanted to do everything but as he settled into the ebb and flow of the game he started finding his moments. its going to be interesting to see how the coach deploys him and who his linemates are, this was game one with a morning skate no practice no video sessions nothing lol just raw

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Honestly, if that was his first performance of the season. I just can't wait to see what his point total will be by the end. It's probably going to be seismic
The owner of the his previous club has to be pissed with his coach. You have a superstar, regardless of his age, you play him when he’s clearly better than everyone else. After this season fans of clubs that passed on Michkov (except Chicago) are going to be mad as heck they missed picking him.

Unger9

Sep 7, 2016
Kitchener, ON
thats michkov coming in cold, off the bench since mid-august when he started seeing 13th forward minutes, and just explodes. you could tell there was some nerves at first, and he just wanted to do everything but as he settled into the ebb and flow of the game he started finding his moments. its going to be interesting to see how the coach deploys him and who his linemates are, this was game one with a morning skate no practice no video sessions nothing lol just raw
Pretty crazy. He just walks right in and they give him 18 minutes in the top 6. Eventually they're going to use him as a 1st line player and on the 1st PP. They can't do it right away or it'll ruffle feathers. Zavgorodniy still only has 1 point thru 4 games. Michkov can play there

Imagine Michkov scores 60 pts in 60 games (or more) and Sochi finishes in similar standing as SKA. That could get Rotenberg fired you would hope

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
Pretty crazy. He just walks right in and they give him 18 minutes in the top 6. Eventually they're going to use him as a 1st line player and on the 1st PP. They can't do it right away or it'll ruffle feathers. Zavgorodniy still only has 1 point thru 4 games. Michkov can play there

Imagine Michkov scores 60 pts in 60 games (or more) and Sochi finishes in similar standing as SKA. That could get Rotenberg fired you would hope
I can see him close to a PPG for the season, ill be happy with anything tbh as long as hes improving which Im confident he will. I want to see him start shooting more and getting used to firing around defenders and getting his shots on net more, figuring out KHL goaltenders.

one of the things he did really well in those first pre season games was attack the slot and the net front and was cleaning up rebounds, but I think youve talked about it before he needs to utilize his shot more. as he gets comfortable with his linemates I wanna see more set plays too, he has a rocket one timer perfect for the power play. the next few games we should see a transformation once the chemistry develops.

Reactions: Unger9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad