RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Even if he does score this much, which he most likely will not, it is still just a farm team. This 50 pts are not as valuable or impressive
Michkov will have an entire season schedule with Sochi the same as he would at SKA had he gotten playing time. He will get the chance to play all of the league's best and worst teams in a full time KHL role and you won't be able to complain about 1 game against a "Chinese BCHL level goalie". We will certainly see how he does.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
It was the right move, and played out just as a few of us said it probably would, after all of this started a few weeks ago.

I’m sure he’s also learned a valuable lesson, on being a professional, and what’s expected from you every night. We can assume, nobody will be questioning his effort again, and as long as he has a strong season in Sochi, he’ll be welcomed back at SKA after the season.

As for Sochi, he should get important minutes, but he’ll have to earn those too. We can assume SKA is confident that will happen, as there’s nowhere near the same competition there.

As for the Flyers, they’re probably happy, but might have preferred if he was sent down to the VHL for 2 or 3 months, and seeing him slotted in at C during that time. It would’ve allowed him to start developing that ability to create space in traffic, he will need to play in the NHL. It’s going to be his biggest issue if he ends up coming over.

Whatever the case. He should be happy as a player, as long as he gets those important minutes in Sochi.

One interesting side note in all of this?

Buchelnikov, opting against his own loan to Sochi recently, choosing instead to be sent to the VHL, knowing his KHL games this year would be for SKA, probably just had the number of those KHL games with SKA rise sharply as a 19 year old.. It’s almost as if he had been told something was coming…

So when it comes to a roster spot with SKA he’s the winner in all of this, after a great start in the VHL.

Personally I would’ve liked to see both of them sent to Sochi together, but it would now probably be a shock if Buchelnikov is sent on loan too. This move probably adds an extra 10-20 KHL games for him this season now. He’s a little bit ahead of Michkov when it comes to being NHL ready, becaue he has played a lot of C growing up, and does do the little things to create space, like peeling off of defenders, etc, but there’s actually a lot of people who believe he has no intentions of EVER playing in the NHL. At least anytime soon, which sucks for Detroit obviously.

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
It was the right move, and played out just as a few of us said it probably would, after all of this started a few weeks ago.

I’m sure he’s also learned a valuable lesson, on being a professional, and what’s expected from you every night. We can assume, nobody will be questioning his effort again, and as long as he has a strong season in Sochi, he’ll be welcomed back at SKA after the season.

As for Sochi, he should get important minutes, but he’ll have to earn those too. We can assume SKA is confident that will happen, as there’s nowhere near the same competition there.

As for the Flyers, they’re probably happy, but might have preferred if he was sent down to the VHL for 2 or 3 months, and seeing him slotted in at C during that time. It would’ve allowed him to start developing that ability to create space in traffic, he will need to play in the NHL. It’s going to be his biggest issue if he ends up coming over.

Whatever the case. He should be happy as a player, as long as he gets those important minutes in Sochi.

Buchelnikov, opting against his own loan to Sochi recently, choosing instead to be sent to the VHL, knowing his KHL games this year would be for SKA, probably just had the number of those KHL games with SKA rise sharply as a 19 year old.. It’s almost as if he had been told something was coming…

So when it comes to a roster spot with SKA he’s the winner in all of this, after a great start in the VHL.

Personally I would’ve liked to see both of them sent to Sochi together, but it would now probably be a shock if Buchelnikov is sent on loan too. This move probably adds an extra 10-20 KHL games for him this season now. He’s a little bit ahead of Michkov when it comes to being NHL ready, becaue he has played a lot of C growing up, and does do the little things to create space, like peeling off of defenders, etc, but there’s actually a lot of people who believe he has no intentions of EVER playing in the NHL. At least anytime soon, which sucks for Detroit obviously.
putting aside most of this awful take, its funny when people take credit for predicting the obvious outcomes like this. every body in here said it was likely to happen or would happen, and it doesnt make your other michkov comments less ridiculous. you put alot of energy into throwing shade at teenagers

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
putting aside most of this awful take, its funny when people take credit for predicting the obvious outcomes like this. every body in here said it was likely to happen or would happen, and it doesnt make your other michkov comments less ridiculous. you put alot of energy into throwing shade at teenagers
Cause I wasn’t ripped for predicting exactly what has happened. lol. There were very, very few of us trying to explain it, before the string of scratches even started. People still don’t want to admit what happened. Leading to the benching, the subsequent scratches and the ultimate loan.

You’re right in one regard though. It was very easy and predictable to see what was going on, and what was likely to happen. People just chose to ignore it. People are still trying to sugar coat it.

And you’re also right. There’s tons of horrible takes in this thread. Lol. Just because some people live in their pretend, emotional world, doesn’t mean we all have to accept their pretend world as reality. This thread is filled with pretend and emotional responses … There’s still people pretending Michkov is somehow as good as Bedard, pretending the KHL hasn’t deflated, pretending Michkov hasn’t had the same exact concerns about his lack of ability creating space for the last 2 years, to his attitude concerns, to people ignoring the fact there’s a good chance this group of kids never comes over, to pretending Russian culture, meaning Russian players think the same as NA kids, to people pretending that there’s not an actual WAR going on, and these kids are of conscript age, of a conscript army, in a country with an authoritarian regime..

So there’s all sorts of bad “takes” driven by emotion. Like someone saying I’m suddenly “throwing shade at teenagers.” Lol. I’m one of the few on here, who constantly tries getting people to remember these are 17-18 year old kids and a lot will change.. I’m not emotional about it though. That’s the big difference between us. If you cant see the good with the bad, you’re not going to get very far. I evaluated players for over 20 years and was evaluated for 4 year before that. I’m used to getting takes from people who are so emotionally invested in a player, they only see your 1 criticism of a player while ignoring all the good things you have to say about a player. So they feel they have to attack you because your somehow attacking the player they’re emotionally invested in.. It’s that or they’re the parent. Lol. And that’s ok if that’s how you choose to be. Emotions are a big part of being a fan. I choose to come on here and talk about prospects because it’s pretty much all I did for over 20 years and I still enjoy it. Never pretend to be right on every one. Never pretend my opinion matters more than theirs. Sure I’ll tell you I’m right more than I’m wrong, but who doesn’t?

So I’ll continue to comment about Michkov because it’s a hot topic on here. He’s a great young player, who’s very skilled. It’s also interesting watching how many people are now so emotionally invested in a player they’ve frankly barely, if ever seen play, they will spend hours arguing in the player’s behalf. It’s great stuff.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Grats, you have successfully gaslighted yourself)

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
@Garl the fact that you think Rotenberg, with zero achievements and barely any experience, has any credibility as a coach immediately shows you just arbitrarily say things.

Sochi still plays games against the same KHL teams everyone else does. It makes no difference how good or not good they are. In fact, in a similar situation, a lot of people are trying to dial back the expectations for Connor Bedard's point production this year because he's playing for the "farm team" Chicago Blackhawks.

When your team is shit.. you spend less time in the offensive zone. Do you see how backwards you are?
What is backwards is the fact, that I was literally the first person here, who said that Rotenberg is incompetent and now, one month after, you are telling me, I am his advocate apparently. LMAO, you cant make this up

Ps No, Chicago is not a farm team. You guys decided to put some kind of brick in your head and cant accept the fact that KHL and NHL are not built in a similar fashion, KHL is much more like a soccer league like APL or Primera or Bundesliga. So yeah, it makes a huge difference. Scoring 25 goals for a bottom team and for lets say SKA are 2 very different things

Reactions: Jeune Poulet

Unger9

Sep 7, 2016
Kitchener, ON
Scoring 25 goals for a bottom team and for lets say SKA are 2 very different things
They're really not different. It's the same league, against the same teams. The only difference is the coach of one team is an entitled (incompetent) ass who can't bring himself to give ice time to an 18 year old player who's shorter than 5'11

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018
What is backwards is the fact, that I was literally the first person here, who said that Rotenberg is incompetent and now, one month after, you are telling me, I am his advocate apparently. LMAO, you cant make this up

Ps No, Chicago is not a farm team. You guys decided to put some kind of brick in your head and cant accept the fact that KHL and NHL are not built in a similar fashion, KHL is much more like a soccer league like APL or Primera or Bundesliga. So yeah, it makes a huge difference. Scoring 25 goals for a bottom team and for lets say SKA are 2 very different things

So Michkov is not as good, cause he didn’t make the SKA roster… but nevertheless Rotenberg is incompetent, as you always did know? And on top of that, if Michkov is scoring as expected with Sochi, it’s not counting as much, cause it’s for Sochi and not for SKA?! Do you even realise what the hell you are writing here?

And your soccer example is bad too. Why on earth it should be less impressive if a 17/18 year old scores the same stats for a bottom team than a 17/18 year old for a championship team. I say that’s only your opinion. Everyone knows that support matters. That’s why the big clubs are paying hundreds of millions for teenager like Mbappe. Mbappe had btw “only” 15 goals in 29 games before he became the 2nd most expensive transfer ever (he was loan first, but the transfer conditions were set when he joined Paris). But he did that being 17/18 years old playing for Monaco.

And as in the KHL there are conservative teams in soccer too. That’s why a club like Bayern spend 100 millions for an almost 30 year old Kane and a club like Barca is known for letting teenager play in their main squad. But that doesn’t mean that everyone of them is a new Messi. Bojan Krkic played for Barca at the age of 16. And at 25 in the 2nd english league. If the same conditions would be in hockey as in soccer with a free market, Michkov would be THE shit after his season with Sochi. The big clubs would outbid each other. No question about that.

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
Cause I wasn’t ripped for predicting exactly what has happened. lol. There were very, very few of us trying to explain it, before the string of scratches even started. People still don’t want to admit what happened. Leading to the benching, the subsequent scratches and the ultimate loan.

You’re right in one regard though. It was very easy and predictable to see what was going on, and what was likely to happen. People just chose to ignore it. People are still trying to sugar coat it.

And you’re also right. There’s tons of horrible takes in this thread. Lol. Just because some people live in their pretend, emotional world, doesn’t mean we all have to accept their pretend world as reality. This thread is filled with pretend and emotional responses … There’s still people pretending Michkov is somehow as good as Bedard, pretending the KHL hasn’t deflated, pretending Michkov hasn’t had the same exact concerns about his lack of ability creating space for the last 2 years, to his attitude concerns, to people ignoring the fact there’s a good chance this group of kids never comes over, to pretending Russian culture, meaning Russian players think the same as NA kids, to people pretending that there’s not an actual WAR going on, and these kids are of conscript age, of a conscript army, in a country with an authoritarian regime..

So there’s all sorts of bad “takes” driven by emotion. Like someone saying I’m suddenly “throwing shade at teenagers.” Lol. I’m one of the few on here, who constantly tries getting people to remember these are 17-18 year old kids and a lot will change.. I’m not emotional about it though. That’s the big difference between us. If you cant see the good with the bad, you’re not going to get very far. I evaluated players for over 20 years and was evaluated for 4 year before that. I’m used to getting takes from people who are so emotionally invested in a player, they only see your 1 criticism of a player while ignoring all the good things you have to say about a player. So they feel they have to attack you because your somehow attacking the player they’re emotionally invested in.. It’s that or they’re the parent. Lol. And that’s ok if that’s how you choose to be. Emotions are a big part of being a fan. I choose to come on here and talk about prospects because it’s pretty much all I did for over 20 years and I still enjoy it. Never pretend to be right on every one. Never pretend my opinion matters more than theirs. Sure I’ll tell you I’m right more than I’m wrong, but who doesn’t?

So I’ll continue to comment about Michkov because it’s a hot topic on here. He’s a great young player, who’s very skilled. It’s also interesting watching how many people are now so emotionally invested in a player they’ve frankly barely, if ever seen play, they will spend hours arguing in the player’s behalf. It’s great stuff.
im sure theres other boards you can talk about the war on, dont take your own shit out on Michkov. this is a hockey forum. nobody needs to be reminded hes an 18 year old kid except you apparently. this is the kind of bad take im referring to, just throwing out nonsense and negativity when we're all trying to gas up a hockey player. the only person running on emotions seems to be you esé

anybody know if Michkov's going to be playing on Wednesday?

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018

I've never seen someone so intent on defending a narrative they made up in their head.

JABEE

Feb 12, 2010
Philadelphia
A week into the KHL season after a preseason where Michkov was over a PPG. Now for some reason, he isn’t good enough despite scoring a PPG in the KHL last season as a 17 year old. The swings in this thread are wild.

If he wasn’t signed to SKA, It seems likely Michkov would be on the Flyers this season ( he would have went higher in the draft though)

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
I've been a big Michkov fan but it's telling that SKA doesn't want him. There's more going on behind the scenes that we don't know and there's a reason he fell so far in the draft and it's not the Russian factor -- incredibly talented kid but possibly some red flags here too

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
They're really not different. It's the same league, against the same teams. The only difference is the coach of one team is an entitled (incompetent) ass who can't bring himself to give ice time to an 18 year old player who's shorter than 5'11
The difference being not every league has equal matchups between divisions. In the AHL for example the division that Montreal, Toronto and other northeast teams farm teams play in is comparable to the second best league in the world, while the pacific division is likely closer to SM-liiga or below. Due to this, AHL stats aren't even directly comparable between divisions. Teams play significantly more inter-division matchups in the AHL.

I am not completely well versed in the KHL schedule so I wouldn't make a definitive statement. Sochi plays in the same division though so it shouldn't be an issue. There are different expectations of players between one that had 40 wins and one that had 9 though. In the NHL at least you see teams resting their starting goalies against bottom feeders, the KHL is likely the same.

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018
I've been a big Michkov fan but it's telling that SKA doesn't want him. There's more going on behind the scenes that we don't know and there's a reason he fell so far in the draft and it's not the Russian factor -- incredibly talented kid but possibly some red flags here too

So what’s about Khusnutdinov? Healthy scratch again. This guy had 41 points last season. What’s about Buchelnikov? Had 28 in 35 games in the VHL last season. He is for sure ready for the KHL. Is playing VHL again this season… and of course, what’s about Demidov? Today 13th forward and no factor in the KHL yet, almost no ice time. Do they all have some red flags?This Kids are for sure with Yurov Russias greatest talents not even close. But while even some 17 year old kids playing big minutes for teams like Torpedo, almost all of russias biggest talents have to go through this Rotenberg shitshow. And I bet if this situation with Demidov continues, a 7th Pick in the 24 draft would be a very good outcome.

Nikolajs Sillers

Jan 2, 2021
im sure theres other boards you can talk about the war on, dont take your own shit out on Michkov. this is a hockey forum. nobody needs to be reminded hes an 18 year old kid except you apparently. this is the kind of bad take im referring to, just throwing out nonsense and negativity when we're all trying to gas up a hockey player. the only person running on emotions seems to be you esé

anybody know if Michkov's going to be playing on Wednesday?
You show him.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Man this complete lack of control over a prospect is actually a real thing. While I still see Michkov as the second best player from this draft, I am increasingly less angry that the Habs didn't draft him. Who knows what he will be when he comes over.

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018
SKA one period away of the third straight L and getting completely outplayed. Only 9 sog so far (29 for Spartak) with a 90 Sec 5 on 3 for SKA (was bad too). IMO they looked in every game so far worse than the oppenent, if not for Nikishin this start would be a complete disaster. I've always played my manager games without the possibility of getting fired. We will soon see how Rotenberg is playing his.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
SKA one period away of the third straight L and getting completely outplayed. Only 9 sog so far (29 for Spartak) with a 90 Sec 5 on 3 for SKA (was bad too). IMO they looked in every game so far worse than the oppenent, if not for Nikishin this start would be a complete disaster. I've always played my manager games without the possibility of getting fired. We will soon see how Rotenberg is playing his.
It almost seems the coach should just play the best players he has.

Unger9

Sep 7, 2016
Kitchener, ON
SKA one period away of the third straight L and getting completely outplayed. Only 9 sog so far (29 for Spartak) with a 90 Sec 5 on 3 for SKA (was bad too). IMO they looked in every game so far worse than the oppenent, if not for Nikishin this start would be a complete disaster
With that roster and these results, imagine thinking Rotenberg's personnel decisions mean anything of any significance/credibility at all

Reactions: FlyguyOX and BMann

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Right, same red flags that made Aho fall. No other reason he could have fell that far.

Last edited:
Reactions: tnfrs

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
Given who he is it will take a player revolt or fan pressure to remove him regardless of results on the ice. He's only coaching SKA and Russia because of the nepotism and who he is the corrupt so and so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad