RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TopC0rner

Feb 21, 2018
So what’s Michkov making? I’m thinking with the elc bonus structure he’d be making five time more in the NHL than in the KHL. And he’d get out of Russia.
I haven't found the info, but for comparison, Gritsyuk is going to make 50M rubles + 10M in bonus, so around $600k USD.

Reactions: Fatass

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
So what’s Michkov making? I’m thinking with the elc bonus structure he’d be making five time more in the NHL than in the KHL. And he’d get out of Russia.

Michkov is earning a little more than $1 million USD for his entire contract. So he'd make more in the NHL. Just how much more I'm not sure, depends on his KHL bonuses. SKA has a lot of money to throw around.

For example last year every member of CSKA was given around a $1 million USD bonus for winning the KHL championship. If taxes are factored into the equation, that's roughly the equivalent of a $2 million bonus in the NHL.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fatass

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
The KHL isn’t going to waste its time on players who are eventually going to leave, the treatment of Michkov is kind of par for the course and is going as expected.

Since when are KHL teams identical entities?
Some trust younger players, others don't. Some have blockhead coaches, others don't.

There are tons of players who teams know are gonna eventually leave who get ice time.
Everything is team specific.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeune Poulet

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
The guys you mention are more talented than a lot of NHL players. It's just that they don't have the sufficient level in relation to their offensive profile. Seen from France, every hockey follower know that Stephane Da Costa was stronger than Pierre-Edouard Bellemare and Antoine Roussel. However, he did not have the level to be in a producer role and does not have the profile to enter a bottom 6.

The NHL does not have the top 750 players in the world. Only the 750 players best suited to the roles granted. Obviously, most of the top 750 are there but many players who spent time in the NHL in a defensive role have difficulty breaking into Europe beyond their role as nag.

Anyway, salaries are higher in the KHL than in the AHL. A KHL star earns more than a 4th line offensive player or a 6th NHL defenseman.
1. I actually agree to some extent with the first. Some of the guys on the list are quite talented, problem is, they are not talented enough for the roles, where they would be impactful. Linus Omark is a great example of a player that is more talented than probably half of NHL. Da Costa is a good example aswell
2. With the way ruble is now, more like the same salary.

Sorry. It was in rubles. 750 000K for top 100 1 to 1.5 million in US dollars for top 20.

Nah, nobody is getting 1,5 mil now.

Tkachyov is getting 1 million, he is the best paid player in KHL.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
1. I actually agree to some extent with the first. Some of the guys on the list are quite talented, problem is, they are not talented enough for the roles, where they would be impactful. Linus Omark is a great example of a player that is more talented than probably half of NHL. Da Costa is a good example aswell
2. With the way ruble is now, more like the same salary.

Nah, nobody is getting 1,5 mil now.

Tkachyov is getting 1 million, he is the best paid player in KHL.
Sorry but no.

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
Report appeared that he will be loaned to Sochi for this season too.
heres footage of him reuniting with Sochi

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    3 MB · Views: 3

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
Sochi's lines from today. Is there room here for him to keep experimenting at center?

LetsGoFlyers12

Jan 19, 2017
Way better for his development. He will be "the guy" in Sochi, just like we will need him to be in Philly.

He proved he can do great things in this role, so I'm excited to see how a full season looks.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
Does it not suggest Rotenberg fails to see a role for him on SKA but wants Michkov to keep developing?
It's downright lunacy there's no space for him on SKA, particulaly after his preseason performance at that Sochi tournament. I can't even. :huh:

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Does it not suggest Rotenberg fails to see a role for him on SKA but wants Michkov to keep developing?
It's downright lunacy there's no space for him on SKA, particulaly after his preseason performance at that Sochi tournament. I can't even. :huh:

Who cares. It looks like Sochi is the better coached team than SKA anyway.

Last edited:

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Chris Wideman won the best D in the KHL award and then was just an afterthought on a bottom-feeder team in the NHL!

Get real, please.
Well if he wasn't an after-thought, he would have been in the NHL during that season. I dunno why people think this is such a good point. Everyone knows NHL > KHL. All the top whatever number players are in the NHL. That means for the rest of the Leagues, they'll need someone playing those "Number 1" type of roles that are not part of the top whatever number of players. It doesn't mean the gap is monumental and seismic in terms of abilities across the entire league, it just means that players that would never play those roles in the NHL while the McDavids and Makars are skating around may get those opportunities in a lower league. You can "hang" with NHL players, but if you're just 5 % worse, that's a drastic effect on ice time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad