RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
I think that's already been happening for some time.

Doesn't the Ivan Fedotov situation pretty much refute this? He signs with CSKA and when he wants to leave after that contract is up he gets conscripted into the army and forcibly moved to a military base for a year.

This wouldn't happen in any other hockey country in the world, I can assure you of that.

KHL teams are NOT affiliated with the military.

However many clubs have the political influence to make conscription offices ‘look the other way’ in regards to their players. CSKA was doing that with Fedotov. And when Fedotov signed with the Flyers, CSKA rescinded that protection.

Similar to Finland, Russian males are required to serve; but Russia offers proper legal ways out of it.
Had Fedotov bothered to obtain a legitimate deferment (like any other citizen) instead of relying on CSKA’s connections, he’d be in Philadelphia.

Last edited:
Reactions: ReHabs and FlyguyOX

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
This Garl character is pretending to do a victory lap. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Like Roma’s idiocy makes Michkov any less of a prodigy.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018
Buchelnikov is in the lineup for Neva, Michkov not… The good thing is, Michkov doesn't have the attitude to watch this shitshow for long. Either Rotenberg will let him play for SKA or Mich will force a transfer/loan.

• Love
Reactions: FlyguyOX and Unger9

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Imo, Rotenberg is ultra-conservative because he lacks coaching experience.
It’s the norm to not trust young players, but its magnified by 100 with Rotten.

Playing kids, especially u20 (even prodigy level ones) requires the coaching ability to put them in a position to succeed, live with mistakes, etc.

Why gamble with youngsters, even if the upside is higher, when you can buy a stacked roster of vets?
Coaching is easy with the Rotenberg gameplan 101.

Last edited:

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
they repeatedly were referring to one spot and "the other". So two spots. Maybe someone can clarify
Dude, do I need to send you a link with 2 u20 players on a KHL team roster from last season?

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
Dude, do I need to send you a link with 2 u20 players on a KHL team roster from last season?
dude, if the roster already has 12 forwards and 6 defense which is 18 skaters, you can only carry 2 designated juniors IN ADDITION to the 18 skaters. Your junior players can be part of the 18 skaters, but SKA already has a full roster of 18 skaters, so they cant dress Demidov and Michkov for the same games

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
This Garl character is pretending to do a victory lap. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Like Roma’s idiocy makes Michkov any less of a prodigy.
Weren't you the guy who said that I should not be envious of Roma and his lifestyle and family money or smth of that sort?
Regardless, in summer, after the center move was made I said it doesnt look good and that Rotenberg is incompetent. Reaction was that I am a rusophobe, everything is great, no need for concern etc.
Now, everyone is suddenly repeating after me, that Rotenberg is incompetent. But I am still a rusophobe LOL.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
dude, if the roster already has 12 forwards and 6 defense which is 18 skaters, you can only carry 2 designated juniors IN ADDITION to the 18 skaters. Your junior players can be part of the 18 skaters, but SKA already has a full roster of 18 skaters, so they cant dress Demidov and Michkov for the same games
Dude, I know and It is absolutely not the same as what the other poster meant.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Imo, Rotenberg is ultra-conservative because he lacks coaching experience.
It’s the norm to not trust young players, but its magnified by 100 with Rotten.

Playing kids, especially u20 (even prodigy level ones) requires the coaching ability to put them in a position to succeed, live with mistakes, etc.

Why gamble with youngsters, even if the upside is higher, when you can buy a stacked roster of vets?
Coaching is easy with the Rotenberg gameplan 101.
Well, he gave proper ice time to young guys like Nikishin, Khusnutdinov etc. Even though I agree that his lack of coaching experience might be a problem, esp with guys like Michkov, who is a special, unusual player

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023

2.2. No Main Team’s roster for any one Game may comprise more than 21 Hockey Players
including three goalkeepers. A Club may add to the roster two skaters being the Russian
Federation citizens eligible to play for the Russia National Hockey Teams, one skater aged under
19 or 19 and the other skater aged under 20 or 20. The age shall be determined based on the year
of birth as of the date of the start of the se

Reactions: FlyguyOX and Unger9

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Weren't you the guy who said that I should not be envious of Roma and his lifestyle and family money or smth of that sort?
Regardless, in summer, after the center move was made I said it doesnt look good and that Rotenberg is incompetent. Reaction was that I am a rusophobe, everything is great, no need for concern etc.
Now, everyone is suddenly repeating after me, that Rotenberg is incompetent. But I am still a rusophobe LOL.

Rotenberg’s outside the box thinking was great when he put Michkov at center. This was proven when Mickov excelled when playing center. He looked fantastic. Ironically, you were conspicuously absent from this thread when that occurred.

But this has little to do with Roma’s lack of in game decision making and lack of trust for young players.
The 2 arent mutually exclusive.

Edit: and i dont jnow if you’re a russophobe or not. But you’re a racist. You’re the fool constantly making fun of that chinese goalie on Kunlun.
:help:

Last edited:

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Rotenberg’s outside the box thinking was great when he put Michkov at center. This was proven when Mickov excelled when playing center. He looked fantastic. Ironically, you were conspicuously absent from this thread when that occurred.

But this has little to do with Roma’s lack of in game decision making and lack of trust for young players.
The 2 arent mutually exclusive.

Edit: and i dont jnow if you’re a russophobe or not. But you’re a racist. You’re the fool constantly making fun of that chinese goalie on Kunlun.
:help:
Cheap, cheap attack. Race has nothing to do with it and you know it, shame on you, you can't argue in a good faith and resort to such low blows. I had a higher opinion of you, such disappointment.

As for his alleged mistrust of young players, you claim it is a pattern? Show it. I don't see such thing, if anything, he seems like a guy who gets rid of vets without second thought

Garl

Oct 7, 2006

2.2. No Main Team’s roster for any one Game may comprise more than 21 Hockey Players
including three goalkeepers. A Club may add to the roster two skaters being the Russian
Federation citizens eligible to play for the Russia National Hockey Teams, one skater aged under
19 or 19 and the other skater aged under 20 or 20. The age shall be determined based on the year
of birth as of the date of the start of the se
Yes, so, to summarize, there is no limit on how many U20 or U21 players you can dress for the game, but it is mandatory that you dress at least one U20 and one U21 player.

Btw, it is a very controversial rule for russian fans, a lot of people think that it damages the development of young players, who play 2-3 minutes per game due to this rule

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Cheap, cheap attack. Race has nothing to do with it and you know it, shame on you, you can't argue in a good faith and resort to such low blows. I had a higher opinion of you, such disappointment.

As for his alleged mistrust of young players, you claim it is a pattern? Show it. I don't see such thing, if anything, he seems like a guy who gets rid of vets without second thought
Your takes are incessantly disappointing.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

ag3r

Dec 26, 2019
KHL teams are NOT affiliated with the military.

However many clubs have the political influence to make conscription offices ‘look the other way’ in regards to their players. CSKA was doing that with Fedotov. And when Fedotov signed with the Flyers, CSKA rescinded that protection.

Similar to Finland, Russian males are required to serve; but Russia offers proper legal ways out of it.
Had Fedotov bothered to obtain a legitimate deferment (like any other citizen) instead of relying on CSKA’s connections, he’d be in Philadelphia.
The only proper and legal way to not serve a year from 18 to 30 is to have some health problems, which is obviously not applicable to one of the best athletes in the country. Most of the other players just bribed their way out of it or "enrolled" in some university but they never visit classes. However, the is no legal way to be in university for 12 years in Russia and not lose your military protection.
Esmantovich just made an example out of Fedotov

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Your takes are incessantly disappointing.
Who knows what they are though? They are "incessantly" drowned in a sea of delusions, hysterics and some cultic level of hype. Oh and personal attacks

The only proper and legal way to not serve a year from 18 to 30 is to have some health problems, which is obviously not applicable to one of the best athletes in the country. Most of the other players just bribed their way out of it or "enrolled" in some university but they never visit classes. However, the is no legal way to be in university for 12 years in Russia and not lose your military protection.
Esmantovich just made an example out of Fedotov
Military dep in a college aswell

• Haha
Reactions: wankstifier

Unger9

Sep 7, 2016
Kitchener, ON
Yes, so, to summarize, there is no limit on how many U20 or U21 players you can dress for the game, but it is mandatory that you dress at least one U20 and one U21 player.

Btw, it is a very controversial rule for russian fans, a lot of people think that it damages the development of young players, who play 2-3 minutes per game due to this rule
So the rule is saying teams are allowed to dress 2 players in EXCESS of the allowed limit.. if they're u20

There are still respected reporters and "insiders" saying that Rotenberg will only allow 2 u20 players on his team. Whether imposed by the league or not

Reactions: tnfrs

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
So the rule is saying teams are allowed to dress 2 players in EXCESS of the allowed limit.. if they're u20

There are still respected reporters and "insiders" saying that Rotenberg will only allow 2 u20 players on his team. Whether imposed by the league or not
It is up to a coach. But there is no rule forbidding him to dress both Michkov and Demidov

LetsGoFlyers12

Jan 19, 2017
It seems like this is simply a coaching decision to not trust 2 u20 players on his roster. I totally disagree with it, but that's all it is.

My guess is that he will bend on his stance assuming Michkov runs with the minutes he gets, but such limited time means making an impression is more difficult.

Personally, let the kids cook. The season is the time foe them to gain experience. SKA will assuredly be a top team regardless of any growing pains.

Reactions: tnfrs

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Was popping in to see how Michkov has been doing and instead got to read a few of the more toxic pages on this website that I've seen.

Bravo.

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018
It seems like this is simply a coaching decision to not trust 2 u20 players on his roster.

Unfortunately it’s more than that. Rotenberg did the same with Michkov with the U25 against Belarus at the end of last season. Some games he was the 13th forward, some games he was benched half the time. That’s the main reason for only 3 points in 9 games.

Michkov kept quiet last year. Did everything imaginable in terms of points/ppg in the VHL and for Sochi in the KHL. And now he looked like SKAs best player in the first pre season tournament playing a new position being only 18 years old. And after the first mistake he was benched again… that in a meaningless pre season game, while he actually needed every second and everyone looked really bad in that game (0:2 down against Sochi after the 1st period).

IMO that’s clearly something personal. Michkov as we know is very confident. And we can assume that this millionaire dude, who took the job as a head coach of a pro team with like two weeks experience as Bragins assistant, also has a fairly high opinion of himself… I mean, if last year he mentioned concrete points where Michkov should improve, then now it's just "he has to earn it". Lol.

Would SKA at least play some attractive hockey (what they actually should with their possibilities). But yesterday looked so bad again. Dynamo's puck moving was significantly better. Even on the PP SKA had big problems keeping the puck in the o zone. Michkov is hands down better than half of Rotenbergs beloved grinders (imo already the best forward) and especially on the PP his playmaking skills are sorely needed imo.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Michkov kept quiet last year. Did everything imaginable in terms of points/ppg in the VHL and for Sochi in the KHL.

My interpetation of the nasty comments from teammates/scouts that we heard last year was that Michkov didn't keep quiet. That he vocally reacted to not getting ice time last year. And another interpretation could be that he's still getting punished for it now.

Reactions: Unger9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad