RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
Sick of it, but not sick of "12 pts in 13 games", "best season ever" and all of other stuff that is regurgitated here?
in a heap of regurgitated stuff i have a soft spot for the kunlun argument . that's why i coined such an umbrella term, to show my appreciation of it. hope you will allow me this little weakness.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Michkov has played a total of 43 games in the KHL and has 25 points.
Even if you take away those games against Kunlun he'll still be sitting at 17 points in 41 games. Thats a better PPG than Kaprizov, Kucherov etc at the same ages.
Kaprizov had 8 points in 31 games at 18 and hes a 100+ point player in the NHL. If we're only looking at points, Michkov clears everyone.
The season starts in less than 48 hours, lets see what happens after Game 1
Kaprizov was a 6th rounder for a reason. Its like comparing some swedish prospect to Henrik Zetterberg or Daniel Alfredsson and saying that he is better than NHL stars at the same age

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
The KHL is also several levels above NCAA or any Canadian Major Junior League.
Okay. That has 0% to do with anything I said. I am not comparing the 2 ppg CHL seasons to 0.5 ppg KHL seasons. I'm talking about comparing Kaprizov etc. KHL seasons to Michkov's given that the talent level is different.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Okay. That has 0% to do with anything I said. I am not comparing the 2 ppg CHL seasons to 0.5 ppg KHL seasons. I'm talking about comparing Kaprizov etc. KHL seasons to Michkov's given that the talent level is different.

Here is the guy who had 1.5+ PPG CHL season once. Played for the same team as Michkov last season...

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto

Here is the guy who had 1.5+ PPG CHL season once. Played for the same team as Michkov last season...
Oh right. He played on a line with a guy over 2 points per game then couldn't produce worth a lick in the AHL.

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018

Attachments

• 1693659790621.png
    1693659790621.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
roman rottencrotch is a piece of human garbage if hes gonna sit Michkov, im hoping hes just planning on rotating Michkov and Demidov for a few games and then loan one of them out maybe. but if they lose a few games maybe they'll play them both. the team has never looked as good as it did those first games of the pre season when they both had top of the lineup minutes. if theyre benching Michkov because of seniority that shit might go out the window fast if they suck, its still an army affiliated team im pretty sure they wont like looking weak

Last edited:
Reactions: FlyguyOX and Unger9

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Hands down best player in the 2nd best league scratched. Btw, Rotenberg is a great coach, flyers fans should not be concerned.

• Haha
Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
American and Canadien players compensate greatly 6-8 good players from Europe who lefted KHL.
Look at TOP 100 scorers in KHL from 2023 and 2022 or before and you will see how bad your argument is.
And now KHL has 3 imports per team.

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
SKA plays again on the 4th and they'll announce the lineup like an hour before the game starts so we'll see whether this keeps happening. Michkov might be 13th forward next game and if he is then maybe we're overreacting. If michkov isnt playing the next game then its maybe a bad sign. Still frustrating as hell

Reactions: Unger9

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
Yeah, and that guy hasn't still set anything on fire... But as far as I remember Zavgorodny didn't play on the same line with Laf that season.
I'm a Flames fan. He was drafted by the Flames. He spent significant time with Lafreniere. Lafreniere hasn't set anything on fire... but he produced at a higher rate in the NHL than Zavgorodny did in the AHL. So by your logic, since Zavgorodny and Michkov played on the same team last year, thwir relative production shows Michkov is good for about 8-10 points in 30 AHL games, currently? Btw, I don't believe that. It's just using the logic you used about Zavgorodny's production in the Q.

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
Where are the people that said not to worry about his preseason scratches? That they were just saving him for the regular season? I brought up that he got his ice time cut after a bad play. Where are those that went against my thought process? I don’t see them around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad