RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
Here’s a short example. This shot Michkov takes on this 2v1 looks kinda soft tbh. If he gets more power or a quicker release on that it’s probably going in. Like why can I clearly see the puck the entire time it's in the air

he does weird stuff with his shots, he can rip the puck but its like hes shooting change ups sometimes, maybe hes trying to fool goaltenders into over reaching or get inside their head somehow, its some kind of black magic michcraft

jackp0t

Jun 7, 2009
How many times do we hear "OMG! They're playing 5 minutes a game in the KHL? Get them to NA and the AHL for some ice time!" ...like a million times a day.

There's a reason for that. The AHL is an easier league to play in.

Euro league have no incentive in developing top prospect because they know they will leave their team in the next 2-3 years.

I've seen a game where Noel Gunler made 1 mistake on his first shift and never played again for the whole game. If you do the samething in the AHL, you get coached on it and play the next shift.

Veterans in the AHL (27 years+) know they wont make the NHL and are usually guys with good leadership/character that understand younger guys development is more important and they act as mentor.

jackp0t

Jun 7, 2009
If the NHL is 10/10 and the CHL is 1/10 then I would say KHL is probably like 6/10 and AHL 5/10. Really not that far of in term of talent. Just looking at the top 10 KHL scorer every year, half of them have played in the AHL at some point and were top 10-15 scores there as well.

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
I can't get over that maneuver and pass in the NZ

kansas city shuffled the whole team lol, they were all going right when they shoulda gone left and he burned them, probably laughing while he did it, with a little sauce on it 57 could have put it anywhere in front of michkov for a glorious opportunity but i give him a break because its not like hes matvei michkov

Unger9

Sep 7, 2016
Kitchener, ON
kansas city shuffled the whole team lol, they were all going right when they shoulda gone left and he burned them, probably laughing while he did it, with a little sauce on it 57 could have put it anywhere in front of michkov for a glorious opportunity but i give him a break because its not like hes matvei michkov
yeah. In that thread I posted a still of his body immediately before he made the pass. Few players do skating maneuvers like that with the puck, let alone make THAT pass while doing the maneuver

Reactions: tnfrs

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I dont think he starts as 1C right away, hes still not 1C for SKA. He'll need to get stronger over the next few off seasons to battle with NHL centers, right now he would get bullied he's just too small and NHL centers are too good at tying up sticks and winning body position in draws. He'll get there eventually though. Im hoping they keep Cutter at wing if Michkov's going to be a center though, he's a perfect winger for Matty Moscow

5'10, 185 is too small nowadays? Then Bedard has no chances in the NHL, and they call him the new face of the league...

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
5'10, 185 is too small nowadays? Then Bedard has no chances in the NHL, and they call him the new face of the league...
small as in not strong enough yet, very few 18/19 year olds are. thought it was clear what i meant from the rest of the post, but now it should be. and its pointless to debate right now, neither michkov or bedard have taken a faceoff in the NHL so its jumping the gun a bit to say either one will be 1C right away, Michkov might not even be a center.

also youre being generous with Michkov's weight i dunno where youre getting 15 extra lbs from i see him listed everywhere at 72

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
small as in not strong enough yet, very few 18/19 year olds are. thought it was clear what i meant from the rest of the post, but now it should be. and its pointless to debate right now, neither michkov or bedard have taken a faceoff in the NHL so its jumping the gun a bit to say either one will be 1C right away, Michkov might not even be a center.

also youre being generous with Michkov's weight i dunno where youre getting 15 extra lbs from i see him listed everywhere at 72

He looks bulky enough for 185, and he said it himself in that interview I posted.

And again he'll be 21 when he comes to the league not 18/19...

Reactions: FlyguyOX

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
He looks bulky enough for 185, and he said it himself in that interview I posted.

And again he'll be 21 when he comes to the league not 18/19...
hes not bulky he looks like athletic teenager still, and I dont think you fully understand the post youre disagreeing with. I said hes not strong enough yet, not that he'll never be big boy strong

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018
Anyone who compares Yakupov to Michkov has never seen either one or both play. It's also funny that Russians already said back then that Yakupov is a low IQ player and not a future star. Russians praised Nikita K. instead... who was too short, too slow, too skinny too dumb for NA pro scouts... but Yakupov had X points in the CHL, so he HAD TO be good!

Unger9

Sep 7, 2016
Kitchener, ON
He’s a former scout for a reason

I assume Grant is talking about intensity, urgency, motor, and ability to withstand physical confrontations. And these are very important things for me as a recreational scout as well. I often nitpick players for this reason. But I don’t care how a player is winning the possession battles. Michkov is winning them not with size, but with a low center of gravity, tight space mobility, and pure tenacity. Under no circumstances in any universe is Michkov a low motor, low intensity player. Scroll thru my twitter profile in my last post above to see all the clips I’ve posted with lots of examples of this very thing. Especially when he switched to center for SKA. It felt like he was everywhere on the entire ice surface all at once

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
He’s a former scout for a reason

I assume Grant is talking about intensity, urgency, motor, and ability to withstand physical confrontations. And these are very important things for me as a recreational scout as well. I often nitpick players for this reason. But I don’t care how a player is winning the possession battles. Michkov is winning them not with size, but with a low center of gravity, tight space mobility, and pure tenacity. Under no circumstances in any universe is Michkov a low motor, low intensity player. Scroll thru my twitter profile in my last post above to see all the clips I’ve posted with lots of examples of this very thing. Especially when he switched to center for SKA. It felt like he was everywhere on the entire ice surface all at once
Michkov at centre is key (for me) that he’s going to develop into a highly impactful NHL player. I’m seeing him becoming top
Three from his draft.

Reactions: Unger9

Snotbubbles

Oct 25, 2007
How many times do we hear "OMG! They're playing 5 minutes a game in the KHL? Get them to NA and the AHL for some ice time!" ...like a million times a day.

There's a reason for that. The AHL is an easier league to play in.

Is it because it's easier to play in or is it because the NHL team has more control over the minutes. If Danny Briere tells the AHL coach, Michkov gets 20 minutes a night, he gets 20 minutes a night. If Briere tells the KHL coach Michkov gets 20 minutes a night, I don't think he'll receive the same response.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Anyone who compares Yakupov to Michkov has never seen either one or both play. It's also funny that Russians already said back then that Yakupov is a low IQ player and not a future star. Russians praised Nikita K. instead... who was too short, too slow, too skinny too dumb for NA pro scouts... but Yakupov had X points in the CHL, so he HAD TO be good!

A pretty bad look for the OHL that Yakupov actually dominated it that much.

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
Matvei and SKA are playing Automobilist tomorrow Aug 22nd at 12:30 PM eastern standard time in the Puchkov Tournament

get ur tits ready

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Unger9

Sep 7, 2016
Kitchener, ON
Last edited:

ello

Jun 12, 2018
I can't get over that maneuver and pass in the NZ

I’m sorry I’m dying the hype is getting sooo out of hand. Am I the only one who sees that these plays are nothing special?

Not that michkov isn’t a special player but this reminds me of parents who obsess over the kids. Michkov could make a cross ice saucer pass and this guy would find a way to sensationalize it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad