RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Funny shit, Sochi lost 8 games in a row to Kunlun before and in their 9th game they set the team's KHL record in goals, beating the Chinese team 7-2.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
I think SKA loaning him another year to Sochi would do wonders if he's going to be in Russia til 25/26. Let him be the face of Sochi and play a whole year as the guy, then he'll be ready to step in for SKA the following year.

Reactions: JLFGoNicsGo11

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Still the best prospect in the draft. Historic production.
Kravtsov had a more impressive season.

Played against better competition and had an incredible playoff run on a contending team, which is something Michkov won't do because he wasn't good enough to play for a contending team.

Kravtsov did all of that while averaging 7 minutes a game.

Comparatively Michkov gets 16 minutes, power play time, and is playing in a stripped down KHL where production is up across the board. It's less impressive.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada

Played against better competition and had an incredible playoff run on a contending team, which is something Michkov won't do because he wasn't good enough to play for a contending team.

Comparatively Michkov gets 16 minutes, power play time, and is playing in a stripped down KHL where production is up across the board. It's less impressive.
Yes, Kravstovs 7 points in his draft yera was surely more impressive.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Where is Michkov's 11 points in 16 games of playoff hockey?

Oh that's right, he ran away from playing for a contender because he couldn't handle the role. Soft.
This is woefully ignorant from what ACTUALLY happened.

I usually respect your opinion and analysis but you definitely have an agenda here.

biscuits and guitar

Jan 5, 2023
Where is Michkov's 11 points in 16 games of playoff hockey?

Oh that's right, he ran away from playing for a contender because he couldn't handle the role. Soft.
Where were Kuzy's, Tarasenko's, Panarin's, Kaprizov's or Kucherov's stellar playoff performances in their pre-draft seasons? It's just Kravtsov's having a weird career, like dude peaked at 18 y.o. and his peak lasted for a couple of playoff series lol. He never played that well again. And yh Kravtsov was pretty mediocre on other levels. Nothing special in international tournaments, nothing special in MHL/VHL etc.

barabas21

Mar 9, 2016
I am as big a Bedard fan out there (you can check my post history), but to dunk on Michkov to prop up Bedard is annoying. I have not seen Michkov nearly as often as Bedard, but every time I have seen him play I have come away very impressed. As hockey fans we should be excited there are 2 exceptional players coming down the pipeline, in the same draft no less.

olgerd

Oct 19, 2021

lol Kravtsov draft season - 35 games, 7 points, 10 minutes TOI with KHL play-off team. Michkov - 20 GP, 13 TP, 16 minutes TOI with worst team in KHL history. SKA would not have loaned Michkov to an contending team. Kravtsov was a minor player at Michkov's age, and Michkov is the leader of the KHL team.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
So, 13 points in 20 games for Sochi.

His PPG is now better than Tarasenko's who scored 24 points in 42 games in his draft season, the best out of all 1st year draft eligible kids ever. And Tarasenko was way more mature physically.

SKA-Neva is in a free fall mode without him in the VHL...

Reactions: BMann

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
His PPG is now better than Tarasenko's who scored 24 points in 42 games in his draft season, the best out of all 1st year draft eligible kids ever. And Tarasenko was way more mature physically.

SKA-Neva is in a free fall mode without him in the VHL...
And I think Michkov is one of the lightest player in the draft. Imagine how good he would be if he added an extra 20 to 30 lbs. I think it's gonna help his skating speed too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad