RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
As far as I remember Miroshnichenko visited the last year's draft so why can't Michkov? The only reason is he doesn't want but it looks he really cares about the draft.
The draft, sure.

He's not showing up for the combine though.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
I like this, other teams will see it as a red flag and my team is going to grab him at 7-10th

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
He's allowed, it's just probably not worth the hassle

We don’t know if he’s allowed to the combine or not. The decision hasn't been made yet.

Guys playing in Russia have always attended… with the exception of last year when the NHL opted not to invite them.

I guess we’ll find out soon enough if the NHL does the same this year.

Last edited:

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Does anyone know if he did anything wrong as a toddler? Just really anything at all that could red flag him down to where the Blues pick.

WillingRegalIndochinesetiger-max-1mb.gif

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
While I really like his game I sure would not want the Hawks to hang their hat on a guy that, like many of our Russian picks, never comes over.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Not a chance! He is/was the chosen one:

Michkov.png

Damn...well that's unfortunate because now I have to make stuff up to make my dream come true.

Love Matvei, excited to follow him no matter where he ends up.

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
Not a chance! He is/was the chosen one:

Michkov.png

Doesn't this basically make him complicit in war crimes? He was clearly planning the invasion for the last decade.

On that note, let's hope Matvei has his military service sorted out or he might find himself sharing a bunkbed with Ivan Fedotov.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Doesn't this basically make him complicit in war crimes? He was clearly planning the invasion for the last decade.

On that note, let's hope Matvei has his military service sorted out or he might find himself sharing a bunkbed with Ivan Fedotov.

He will complicit when he comes to the NHL and kills it...

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I'm starting to think Michkov might free fall down this draft. 1) His draft year is basically a waste stats-wise, 2) he's very small, and 3) Russian.

He's still a first rounder but I think there's a chance he drops out of the top 10, especially given what we saw with Shane Wright. If a 6'1 Canadian centerman can drop from 1 to 4, Michkov could certainly drop from 4 to 10.

Stat wise he leads the team in scoring, both in points and goals, in those 19 games he's played. He has 6+4, the closest to him are Nikolayev and Popov both with 7 points and 4 goals... I mean 18 year old kid leads the KHL team in scoring and is its best player by far.

To put it into perspective, the only other top prospect who plays in a professional league is Leo Carlsson, he's 7-9th in scoring and 6th in PPG on his team.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad