RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
It’s really not better now. Not sure it’s the second best league anymore.
KHL is worse than the RSL when Ovechkin and Malkin played. I have no idea where people are taking their guesses on the "weakness" of RSL, back in 2004 lots os soviet trained players were still active, league had less teams and had no SKA/CSKA

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
KHL is worse than the RSL when Ovechkin and Malkin played. I have no idea where people are taking their guesses on the "weakness" of RSL, back in 2004 lots os soviet trained players were still active, league had less teams and had no SKA/CSKA
This is such a horse shit take it’s not even worth debating, but hard to imagine anything else coming from you.

Of course the 2004 league that had no money, no arenas, no training grounds, when Russian players chose to play in some obscure leagues rather than in RSL, when number of Russian NHLers was higher than ever is better than today’s KHL with great training conditions, good pay, solid junior leagues etc

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
It’s really not better now. Not sure it’s the second best league anymore.
No. And no. Better to watch more and talk less. I even don’t ask to watch at the time. When economic was worser, there were no money in the league. You clearly don’t understand what are you talking about in both cases.

• Haha
Reactions: Xirik and TLEH

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
KHL facilities all look pretty state of the art, they built a bunch of new ones in the last decade and theyve modeled their ice surface closer to NA standard sizes, I think theres a handful of teams left playing on the bigger ice. Even then the bigger ice isnt the EU 13 feet extra wide, i think its 7 extra feet at some rinks but all the new arenas now are built with the NHL size by default. KHL is as close to the north american game as you can get without buying a plane ticket. All the training clips SKA puts out shows theyre not old school hockey drills, its tons of dry-land stuff with hockey-adjacent stuff thrown in like the body pads and the hurdle jumping. Its not the old Russia league by any stretch of the imagination, theres no point in comparing them. One thing is for sure though, KHL streams are 100% better than NHL streams and its not even close, I dont speak Russian so I have no idea whats being said but the highlight reels are always great, its basically 15 minutes of goals, hits, and fights instead of EPSN's hold music. If they ever start doing English language broadcasts they'll probably get tons of NA viewers because in the end its good hockey and thats all that matters, the extra stuff just shows how dedicated they are to producing high quality stuff

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
This is such a horse shit take it’s not even worth debating, but hard to imagine anything else coming from you.

Of course the 2004 league that had no money, no arenas, no training grounds, when Russian players chose to play in some obscure leagues rather than in RSL, when number of Russian NHLers was higher than ever is better than today’s KHL with great training conditions, good pay, solid junior leagues etc

Ok lets deconstruct your fantasy

No money- in 2004 russian sports had good money. It was not the peak, late 2000s early 2010s were, but in 2004 salaries were good already, we are not talking about 1994

No arenas-Has nothing to do with the level of players in the league

No training grounds- They had the same training grounds that made USSR a hockey superpower dont be silly

Russian players chose to play in obscure leagues- Where? In NHL? Because there were no russians in SHL in 2004 and overall there was like less than 10 russians in top euro leagues

Number of NHL players higher than ever-wrong, number of players in 2004 was 63, in 2023 it was.........63 again!

Great training grounds and good pay are nice for players and their families, but it doesnt make the players better. Talent pool now is lower than in 2004, all this soviet workforce is gone

Solid junior leagues? And a horrible VHL with no promotion and age limit

It is funny, that to hype up new guys you have to disrespect soviet system and the 90s and 00s russian hockey which produced all this superstars while "modern" KHL produced Kaprizov. But muh new arenas! Muh MHL! Muh yellow ice is gone and we have HD!

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
No. And no. Better to watch more and talk less. I even don’t ask to watch at the time. When economic was worser, there were no money in the league. You clearly don’t understand what are you talking about in both cases.
You have no argument, dismissive nonsense doesn't count LOL

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
lol rotenberg's track suit is still the best part of these games

i think its called business casual in Russia

Reactions: FlyguyOX

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
Yes. Could have had a primary assist already, two great passes on PP, but Galimov failed in both cases.
the camera panned away after he gave that guy a whack but i thought there might be something brewin lol hes not afraid out there i think he had a fight in one of the MHL playoff games last year

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Nice goal by fedotov , what an awful pizza on a platter up the ice

lol rotenberg's track suit is still the best part of these games

i think its called business casual in Russia
Capture.JPG

Hahaha this is gold!!!!

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
the only problem with Michkov at center is he's not shooting as much anymore, maybe thats a coaching decision not to show his whole hand in preseason games but I'd like to see someone feed him pucks, the goals he's scored were just solid hockey goals from in close i wanna see some lazer beams

Nice pajamas
Is Michkov playing in this game?
yup number 39

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Why did he have to be a Flyer bro f***
I had the same reaction.

The only player since Dahlin I've been hoping to keep out of the Metro. And that's because I think there's an avenue where Michkov keeps scoring goals at this historic rate in the NHL, and is the best player of his generation.

Like even with Bedard, I have little doubt he'll be very good. Anything is always possible, but none of those conspiracies people voice for Michkov come with him. He skates better and he plays center too. His floor is higher. However, he doesn't have such overwhelming gifts that I believe there's almost any chance he ends up the best player in the league. Yeah, the shot is great, but it's not Ovechkin-like. It's more like Stamkos. He'll score at a similar rate to injury-free Stamkos. And the playmaking is very good, but it's not too elite. I have little doubt he'll be like a top 10 player in the NHL, a little like Hughes. But those players exist league wide. You can't really be too worried about them, as good as they are.

The players you worry about are the players that have that true generational potential. His goal scoring instincts really worry me as a fan of a team in his division. I have a feeling he'll score like 50 career goals against my team for his career and be the best player in the league once McDavid is into his early/mid 30's. Just got the feeling this is how his career is going to unfold, although it's obviously no certainty for many reasons.

Reactions: FlyguyOX and tnfrs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad