RW/C Mikko Rantanen (2015, 10th, COL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Very intriguing prospect. Doesn't seem to have any weaknesses and hard to find comparable player in the nhl atm.

fr9dd9

Nov 18, 2010
Sweden
I did not take much notice of him before wjc, im verry intrigued by him now. He reminds me in some ways about armia.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
I did not take much notice of him before wjc, im verry intrigued by him now. He reminds me in some ways about armia.

No... Armia is(or was)a perimeter player, who can flash high-end plays. Rantanen is always inside the game, goes to the dirty areas, when he passes the puck he goes straight to the net. He seems to play canadian style of hockey. Always heading to the net with or without the puck. You know his presence always when he is on ice. Can't say same about Armia who can be at the perimeter for entire game and you won't even notice him. Rantanen also has very good hockeyIQ. Seems to do little things right and he knows when to pass the puck away. Rantanen is different calibre of prospect than Armia ever was. Despite the numbers in FEL.

fr9dd9

Nov 18, 2010
Sweden
No... Armia is(or was)a perimeter player, who can flash high-end plays. Rantanen is always inside the game, goes to the dirty areas, when he passes the puck he goes straight to the net. He seems to play canadian style of hockey. Always heading to the net with or without the puck. You know his presence always when he is on ice. Can't say same about Armia who can be at the perimeter for entire game and you won't even notice him. Rantanen also has very good hockeyIQ. Seems to do little things right and he knows when to pass the puck away. Rantanen is different calibre of prospect than Armia ever was. Despite the numbers in FEL.

Whatever, when he is on the ice I sometimes thinks about armia. Think its mostly about hes apperance

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
I agree with Thomas. When i see Armia play i think Semin and when Rantanen it's more like JVR(who might a good comparable).

satchmo

Mar 21, 2012
Im gonna have to eat some of my words. Rantanen does earn his own thread and he probably will go in the first round. Didnt expect such a strong showing.....

Periwinkle

Apr 3, 2014
Really happy for Rantanen's strong showing. Sometime good coming out of the sad TPS mess. :handclap:

Hopefully this will boost his Liiga scoring, too.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
He was very good in the game against the Swedes. Had a good tournament underneath already, but the last game really topped it out. Strong on the puck. Skated and dangled past Swedes and scored a goal. I'm suprised if he falls under top15. Even top10 isn't out of the question. Earlier his ability to score goals was questionable but that didn't seem to be the issue in the WJC. Was the best player without a question.

Unkki

Dec 23, 2009
Wouldn't say no to that. I mean, it's not like TPS has a lot to lose either way.

Lasch's line has been changing almost every game lately, so I approve this. Lasch - Koskiranta - Rantanen would be nice.

After this tournament it is hard not to see Rantanen as a TOP15-prospect. I think that pick 6.-10. is closer than 16.-20.. If you compare Rantanen to e.g. Zacha or Crouse, who are higher in almost every rankings, I have to say that Rantanen was better than either of those players in this tournament (yeah, Crouse still has some games left, but so far).

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
The scouts have been saying that Rantanen is in the mix with Crouse, Strome, Zacha, Kylington and Marner right after Hanifin with his performance at WJC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad