RW/C Mikko Rantanen (2015, 10th, COL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
That goal... one of the best I've seen the whole year, regardless of being 'only' AHL.

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
Rantanen had 2+2 tonight against Texas Stars. 7 points in 5 games.

I liked the assist in the end.

animalanimal

Jul 5, 2015
Will be interesting to hear Leafs fans opinions on this/him now :laugh:
what does rantanen getting some points over 5 games have to do with leaf fans? did someone claim he couldn't score a goal in the ahl? why are you bringing up leafs fans unprompted in a thread for discussion of rantanen? what are you hoping to accomplish? what judgment should we all make after 5 games, what point has now been proven? why is your response to a prospect having a multi-point game to think about leaf fans?

Ciccarelli

Uncle Gelart
Dec 17, 2005
what does rantanen getting some points over 5 games have to do with leaf fans? did someone claim he couldn't score a goal in the ahl? why are you bringing up leafs fans unprompted in a thread for discussion of rantanen? what are you hoping to accomplish? what judgment should we all make after 5 games, what point has now been proven? why is your response to a prospect having a multi-point game to think about leaf fans?

Why u heff to be mad?

uncle blazer

Apr 24, 2015
Toronto, ON
Why u heff to be mad?

Mad or logical? Cause I for one couldn't care less what any specific fan base would have to comment on the development of this prospect. Most people come here I assume to see how this prospect is progressing and hear from any hockey fans who have seen him in play, probably not Leafs fans for that matter unless they view the Avs affiliate on a regular basis. Either way pretty impressive start it seems point wise.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Why are you so mad it was a joke(bad) and it was 5am when I posted that :laugh:
That was reference to past offseason.

Last edited:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
What Rantanen is doing in the AHL as a 2015 draftee, is perhaps the most impressive of any young drafted prospect has done in the pros this year.

2 goals 2 assists, +3 last night.

8 points in 6 games this year. +5.

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
What Rantanen is doing in the AHL as a 2015 draftee, is perhaps the most impressive of any young drafted prospect has done in the pros this year.

McDavid, Eichel etc.? Rantanen has done well though.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada

I feel like he's in that zone where he's mor ethan good enough for the AHL but would struggle a bit in the top-6 in the NHL.

Mind you, he would figure it out but since the Avs are a mess system-wise it's not bad for him to keep developing down there. He can still contribute to any team with a decent system/centre. I thought he had some decent chemistry with Duchene but Roy had him on a short-leash.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I feel like he's in that zone where he's mor ethan good enough for the AHL but would struggle a bit in the top-6 in the NHL.

Mind you, he would figure it out but since the Avs are a mess system-wise it's not bad for him to keep developing down there. He can still contribute to any team with a decent system/centre. I thought he had some decent chemistry with Duchene but Roy had him on a short-leash.

I think he is very underrated here in terms of best AHL player in the vein as prospect playing in a Men's league.

He already has played in SM-liiga against men as a 17 year old, and was 2nd in team scoring.

The fact he is a year younger than Ritchie, Vrana, Nylander, and Kempe and is above a point a game abeit a smallish sample of games is very impressive. 3G, 5A, 8PTS in 6 games.

Given this, he just may be the best player in the AHL given we are using this criteria for others.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
With the injury to Tanguay combined with Rantanen's play, I find it hard to think he'll be in the AHL much longer. Once back up in Colorado I'm sure he'll be getting some high minutes as a top 6 forward replacing Tanguay.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
Thx. to avoid any confusion this is what I meant. AHL.

Very impressive start for Rantanen, he was #13 in my Final rankings.

To be fair that kind of limits the field to all of himself?

I can't think of another 2015 draft pick playing in the AHL.

returnofthemack29

Feb 20, 2015
4G 6A +5 in 9GP so far.

Also from Elliotte Friedman:
Finally on Colorado, good news on 10th overall pick Mikko Rantanen, sent down to AHL San Antonio. “He’s having some dominant shifts down there,” an opposing coach said.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Afternoon game today for the Rampage and he has another 2 points midway through the 2nd period.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Rantanen killing it, 0+3 so far and game is midway through. All primary assists too.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Huh? Did he get the points vs the Marlies?
Why are you including the Leafs, exactly?

Because of all the beautiful posts on Nylander vs Rantanen threads.

What a start for him, he is going to be one of the best 2way wingers in the game and he is proving his offensive doubters wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad