RW/C Elias Pettersson - Växjö Lakers HC, SHL (2017, 5th, VAN) Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin Elz

Jun 17, 2009
Ängelholm

Attachments

• Tokisparents.jpg
    Tokisparents.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Canucks have there Marner and Nylander and Kadri. But they need to go out and get there Matthews + Tavares + Andersen.
Maybe. Too soon to say that Pettersson doesn’t hit that Tavares Matthews tier.
Too soon to say on Demko too.
What they really need is a better defense. They have Hughes and maybe Juolevi and then Jett Woo possibly. Still need one more top defenseman or forward in this years draft and next years and then better management.
They won’t likely get two top centers like Matthews and Tavares so need to build a better balanced team with a better defense. I don’t think the Leaf model of loading up on offense will be an option.

Last edited:

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Canucks have there Marner and Nylander and Kadri. But they need to go out and get there Matthews + Tavares + Andersen.

lol get this bullshit out of here. Pettersson + Boeser are tier 1 players.

Boeser was on a 40 goal pace last season, and Pettersson is showing that he can turn into a top 5 center in the league.

Last edited:
Reactions: Index

member 157595

Not a Vancouver fan but I loved this pick for them at the time and he's only exceeded my expectations since then.

So much hockey IQ, something desperately needed there.

Reactions: Nucker101

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
lol get this bull**** out of here. Pettersson + Boeser are tier 1 players.

Boeser was on a 40 goal pace last season, and Pettersson is showing that he can turn into a top 5 center in the league.
1 game is enough for him to be in the category of McDavid, Crosby, Malkin, Mackinnon, Giroux? LOL Or in the future with McDavid, Matthews, Barkov, Eichel, Mackinnon? LOL x 2

Reactions: Kelly

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
1 game is enough for him to be in the category of McDavid, Crosby, Malkin, Mackinnon, Giroux? LOL Or in the future with McDavid, Matthews, Barkov, Eichel, Mackinnon? LOL x 2
One game? He broke every single record in sweden basically. Look at the names he is there with

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
One game? He broke every single record in sweden basically. Look at the names he is there with
That's cool, Leafs have a guy in Nylander who was doing similar things in the SHL before he came over as well, let's see how he does in a full season before annointing him a future top 5 C.

To be fair, I like his game and if he can remain at center that would be huge for the Canucks going forward. I think he's a ppg talent, just gotta hope that he can stick at center.

kes17

Jul 5, 2009
Vancouver
That's cool, Leafs have a guy in Nylander who was doing similar things in the SHL before he came over as well, let's see how he does in a full season before annointing him a future top 5 C.

To be fair, I like his game and if he can remain at center that would be huge for the Canucks going forward. I think he's a ppg talent, just gotta hope that he can stick at center.

Their seasons in the SHL are on different wavelengths, that's like saying Horvat and Matthews had similar years last season

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Their seasons in the SHL are on different wavelengths, that's like saying Horvat and Matthews had similar years last season

Petersson played 2 full seasons in the SHL, including his draft year, Nylander only played 43 games total. Nylander also played on a team with far less talent, Nylander was 5 points off the team lead on his SHL team despite playing 30 less games, the top scorer on the team scored 25 in 51 games, EP's team was far better, with 6 player's including EP that topped 25 points.

Nylander outperformed EP's total's at the WJC in their D+1 year too with 10 points in 7 games compared to 7 in 7 for EP. Like I said, he's got great potential, however he's not a 1C yet and has a long way to go to proving that. 1 game doesn't make a player anything.

Cheeks Clapinski

Sep 26, 2017
Petersson played 2 full seasons in the SHL, including his draft year, Nylander only played 43 games total. Nylander outperformed EP's total's at the WJC in their D+1 year too with 10 points in 7 games compared to 7 in 7 for EP. Like I said, he's got great potential, however he's not a 1C yet and has a long way to go to proving that. 1 game doesn't make a player anything.
You know resources such as eliteprospects.com exist right? You cant just go ahead and make up stuff to prove a garbage point.

Elias Pettersson at eliteprospects.com

You'll notice just the single year in the SHL.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Petersson played 2 full seasons in the SHL, including his draft year, Nylander only played 43 games total. Nylander also played on a team with far less talent, Nylander was 5 points off the team lead on his SHL team despite playing 30 less games, the top scorer on the team scored 25 in 51 games, EP's team was far better, with 6 player's including EP that topped 25 points.

Nylander outperformed EP's total's at the WJC in their D+1 year too with 10 points in 7 games compared to 7 in 7 for EP. Like I said, he's got great potential, however he's not a 1C yet and has a long way to go to proving that. 1 game doesn't make a player anything.

Pettersson played in HockeyAllsvenskan (Swedish second tier) in his draft year. Last season was his only season in the SHL

CP4

May 13, 2018
Victoria, BC

Nylander: 27 pts in 43 games (total)
Pettersson: 56 pts in 44 games (total)

Not really close at all tbh.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Nylander: 27 pts in 43 games (total)
Pettersson: 56 pts in 44 games (total)

Not really close at all tbh.
compare their d+1 years, Nylander bounced around different levels in his draft year, hence why he was picked behind guys like Fleury, Virtanen, Reinhart, Bennett. 20 points in 21 games on a far less offensive team than the one EP played on. You cannot deny the fact that EP had played on a significantly better team. The highest point getter on Nylander's d+1 SHL team had 25 points in 51 games. 6 players on EP's team scored more than that and for reference sake, Nylander was 5 points off the team lead with 30 less games played.

Nylander was pretty much the only offense for his SHL team, EP played on a team that had an array of players that could chip in offensively.

CP4

May 13, 2018
Victoria, BC
compare their d+1 years, Nylander bounced around different levels in his draft year, hence why he was picked behind guys like Fleury, Virtanen, Reinhart, Bennett. 20 points in 21 games on a far less offensive team than the one EP played on. You cannot deny the fact that EP had played on a significantly better team. The highest point getter on Nylander's d+1 SHL team had 25 points in 51 games. 6 players on EP's team scored more than that and for reference sake, Nylander was 5 points off the team lead with 30 less games played.

Nylander was pretty much the only offense for his SHL team, EP played on a team that had an array of players that could chip in offensively.
I understand the difference in the teams they played for, Vaxjo is and was better than MODO for sure. The thing I think about that though is maybe Nylander and Pettersson WERE the offense for their teams, Vaxjo would not have been nearly as good as they were without Pettersson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad