Friedman: Rutherford/Allvin done assessing Canucks - Everyone available except Pettersson, Hughes, Demko

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
...where the heck did this come from? :whaaa?:

This is in the context of NY Ranger fans over valuing Schneider

He is a nice player, but he is no where near a 1st pairing player, and never has shown that in any year as a prospect

That is not to say, he is not a solid 3/4, just he has not shown he is any more...........

So when proposals are given for him, whether they be from the Canuck fans or others

It seems rather silly to say he is untouchable for a top player, especially at 50%

Which is why I used these 2 players, because it is a similar type trade proposal..............

Meaning, if you would keep Bean over Scheifele, you would be a fool......and that is what I am getting at

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
He played 20+ a game when Fox was hurt and looked very good.
As prospects tend to do. The issue is consistency and doing it over a large sample. Young players with potential can have games or a small stretch of games where they look like your best player and then they have a stretch where you’re like okay ya send them down and let them work on their game

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Seeing as I don't view a ton of Canucks games, mostly through his icetime stats and actual production. I see his recent games, but what is he over a full 82?

I'm not really taking shots at the player. I just see where he's at in terms of age, earnings and individual production. Where is that high end support coming in if JT Miller and Boeser end up getting moved? And how does that impact him between now and his QO three years from now?

The way their cap is situated long-term, it's going to be really hard for Vancouver to not be a bubble team throughout their retooling process. I just see more of a benefit going for the bigger fish starting with a better core. No pain, no gain.

He's a 1st line C, who had a bad start to the year, but is now producing pretty well on a line with Hog and Pod, which certainly doesn't constitute high end support.

His next QO will likely be big as he keeps getting better, no reason to think Petey can't be a PPG or even higher player for much of his career.

He is also still young enough that we can build around him even if we traded part of our core now, we can also still afford the QO, when his contract is up assuming we lose a a bunch of our bad contracts.

Rydev

Jan 14, 2022
Ill just throw out the proposal I half stole and tweaked

Pavel Zacha + Ty Smith + a 2022 2nd round pick for Brock Boeser and Jason Dickinson

Edit: realized arbitration was after the draft lol

Last edited:

Phrasing

Nov 16, 2007
He’s like top 10 from his draft class in points, and is 22
The point is there are player spamming on both sides of players that aren’t available and players that are undesirable. Also visit your own board with your own fans’ assessment of Chytil and tell me with a straight face if you think Chytil has lived up to anything and what his runway is to be an impactful player. Also he’s ranked much worse by PPG as his total points are a result of the volume of games he’s played.

Last edited:
Reactions: VancouverJagger

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
Smart. After all that studying of the team, they gonna start their future around a PHD. :naughty:

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
He’s like top 10 from his draft class in points, and is 22
That just goes to show how bad the 2017 draft class is, not how good chytil is. Chris Kelly was the 11th highest scoring player in his draft class. Doesn’t mean he was anything more than a 4th liner

Reactions: zcaptain

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
The point is there are player spamming on both sides of players that aren’t available and players that are undesirable. Also visit your own board with your own fans’ assessment of Chytil and tell me with a straight face if you think Chytil has lived up to anything and what his runway is to be an impactful player. Also he’s ranked much worse by PPG as his total points are a result of the volume of games he’s played.
I don’t think you’ll get an honest and genuine answer from that poster. He earlier stated that 2 better prospects (when traded) in suzuki and krebs were so below schneider that they aren’t comparables when it comes to last time a prospect of Schneider’s caliber was traded

i mean the answer you get back may be honest but it would be like having the biggest Canucks homers that think tucker poolman is a fantastic player and well worth his contract tell you their thoughts on canuck players

Last edited:

byrath

Jan 28, 2008
St. Louis, MO
They have options at wing with

Garland
Boeser
Podkolzin
Hoglander

Heck if they keep Miller he is a winger too.

I think perhaps they can see Garland as a piece they'd be okay to move if it fixes the defence.

Yeah, I don't see any team giving up the picks/prospects it would take to get them to move Garland and his good contract but I could see him in a 'hockey trade'

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Seventy7

May 16, 2015
The more I hear, the more I think little happens for Van this deadline. Maybe Motte/Schenn type deals or other bottom 6 transactions. I think they want to keep Miller Horvat Petterson down the middle and change the mix on the wing… but I think that happens this summer.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Ill just throw out the proposal I half stole and tweaked

Pavel Zacha + Ty Smith + a 2022 2nd round pick for Brock Boeser and Jason Dickinson

Edit: realized arbitration was after the draft lol
I appreciate the effort but it's a no.

If we were going to move Boeser a 1st has to be coming back.

Zacha seems like a frustrating player who hasn't figured it out and doesn't necessarily fill a needed role.

Cerebral, non-physical, offensive LD are like the only defensive pieces we have moving forward so Smith isn't a fit.

If a player of his quality was a more stout RD and there was a 1st involved I would seriously consider the deal, but I don't think this fits at all.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
There's no way both Miller and Horvat are traded right?

Yeah tough to think that both of them may leave, it's not like we're the pre-contender Avalanche where we're certain that Petey can be like Nate, and we can afford to trade top-tier C's like Duchene and O'Reilly/ Miller and Horvat.

Frankly, behind the top 3 I have the most difficulty seeing these two guys being moved, when generally wingers are more easily replaceable, and contenders tend to build up the middle and on the blue-line. Of course if there's a top-tier young C or RHD available then it could happen but they had better be sure about the return.

Feb 19, 2018
Speed and skill Canucks are after. The likes of Newhook, Necas, Barzal, Tuch, Lysell etc. I don’t think they will get any of those guys, but these are the “type” of players that would facilitate a deal. I see the team building through the draft in order to fix their D, first round picks will also be viewed very highly. If you decide to make a proposal, try to incorporate the type of players that fit the profile the GM has said he was building in every interview. Youth, speed, skill.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
To Det:
Bo Horvat

To Van:
Filip Hronek (24 y/o Top 4 RHD) @ 50% retained
Jonatan Berggren (Blue chip FWD prospect)
2022 2nd (DET) 2022 2nd (WSH)

Detroit gets its 2C it desperately needs
Van gets a young offensive top 4 RHD, a blue chip prospect and a few 2nd rounders
Solid offer, it lacks a 1st I’d generally want. Add soderblom and I’d do this deal!

only issue I have with this at that poi is we are allocating even more cap and crowding our blue line even more without moving any salary from the d out

WhoTagz

Jan 28, 2017
Pennsylvania
When Rutherford took over as POHO of the Canucks in December he said he will need about a month to fully assess the team and who he can build around. However, there was cancellation of games so the process took longer. Now it looks likes Rutherford and Allvin have completed their assessment and are ready to pull the trigger.

It sounds like that only Pettersson, Hughes and Demko are the only untouchables on the team and the 3 pillars the Canucks will build around.

This means that the following players might gain some interest and can be moved for the right price:

Miller
Horvat
Garland
Boeser
Myers

Now this doesnt mean they are going on a full rebuild and will be trading ALL those players away. For example, if they move Horvat, I believe its because they have indication from Miller that he wants to stay and will sign long term. If They move Miller then Horvat isnt going anywhere.

However, its interesting to see that the Canucks are willing to listen to see what the best offers are for these players and if it makes sense for them for their window of wanting to be cup contenders in 2 years.

Lets see some offers that can possibly peek the interest of Rutherford!

Canucks Needs:

- At this point Right D is their biggest Need but D in general is something that needs upgrade. Winger and Goalie is probably their strongest position.

-Rutherford has mentioned Speed and Skill during many many interviews as the type of player he wants to trade for.

-Rutherford has also mentioned clearing cap

- 23 yrs-ish is the age range of players the Canucks are supposedly targeting in any trade return

I know it’s been said before but I would love to see a canucks proposal of fair value of one of Horvat or miller to the Rangers

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
Solid offer, it lacks a 1st I’d generally want. Add soderblom and I’d do this deal!

only issue I have with this at that poi is we are allocating even more cap and crowding our blue line even more without moving any salary from the d out

they take poolman or Hamonic and it’s a deal I’d be quite happy with. w/o them adding soder

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad