Friedman: Rutherford/Allvin done assessing Canucks - Everyone available except Pettersson, Hughes, Demko

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Podkolzin was drafted 10th just a few years ago and is trending fine. Fits more with our age group.

Doesn't really make sense for us to trade him for about the same pick we used to acquire him.

Assuming we trade away an older winger, a spot opens up for him in our top-6 going forward.

Fair enough and I agree for the 22 draft but if we could trade him for a 23 first from the Sens, I take that in a flash.

The best thing any rebuilding team can do is trade for a 23 first rounder IMO, the top 15ish guys in that draft are just that good.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
You guys don’t know? Schneider is a top 2 Dman playing 16 mins a night because any more ice he will be a #1 D and want to get paid like one. Nobody dumps pucks up the ice like the potential of Schneider. The league needs to be put on watch if he gets more than 17 mins in a single game.

SCHNEIDER MAN protecting NYC

God you are salty. At least keep your junk in this thread and not start spamming our prospect threads.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
I'm starting to come around on moving Schneider in a package for Miller @50%. It's so tough, but finding a 1-2 punch down the middle is what wins championships. It's not like the NYR don't have a solid top-4 already to build on. The bottom pair should be Jones and a rhD that is similar to Schneider, but I feel you can find that in FA for cheap. I don't know. It comes down to cost-controlled versus spending, and the Rangers are going to have to be smart about this over the next year.

EDIT: I would do 1st+Kravtsov+Schneider for Miller @50%

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
I'm starting to come around on moving Schneider in a package for Miller @50%. It's so tough, but finding a 1-2 punch down the middle is what wins championships. It's not like the NYR don't have a solid top-4 already to build on. The bottom pair should be Jones and a rhD that is similar to Schneider, but I feel you can find that in FA for cheap. I don't know. It comes down to cost-controlled versus spending, and the Rangers are going to have to be smart about this over the next year.

EDIT: I would do 1st+Kravtsov+Schneider for Miller @50%

I would do that for Miller

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
This is in the context of NY Ranger fans over valuing Schneider

He is a nice player, but he is no where near a 1st pairing player, and never has shown that in any year as a prospect

That is not to say, he is not a solid 3/4, just he has not shown he is any more...........

So when proposals are given for him, whether they be from the Canuck fans or others

It seems rather silly to say he is untouchable for a top player, especially at 50%

Which is why I used these 2 players, because it is a similar type trade proposal..............

Meaning, if you would keep Bean over Scheifele, you would be a fool......and that is what I am getting at
Schneider has played 16 nhl games. Is he a top pairing d now? No. He definitely has that potential though.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Flames hearing this news like:

thanos-last-stone.gif

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
If Canucks are trading for picks, then I would prefer a 2023 first rounder over a 2022 first rounder. I'd rather maximize gambling on nabbing a Bedard or Michkov with a first rounder than hoping for Wright.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Horvat would be my most untouchable piece if I was the Canucks GM. Guy is a really good player.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
"Really good" is correct.

"Really good" does not put you in the untouchable category.
He just does a lot of things that help you win hockey games. Hughes does not, but somehow is "untouchable." I'll take the guy who helps me win games.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Horvat would be my most untouchable piece if I was the Canucks GM. Guy is a really good player.

I think the price for Horvat would be high, I don’t think they want to move him, he’s still young enough. He’s not the first guy I would be moving but not against it if we can get the much need right side partner for Hughes for the long term.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I think the price for Horvat would be high, I don’t think they want to move him, he’s still young enough. He’s not the first guy I would be moving but not against it if we can get the much need right side partner for Hughes for the long term.
Tanev? Too soon?

Reactions: Canuck86 and iFan

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
He just does a lot of things that help you win hockey games. Hughes does not, but somehow is "untouchable." I'll take the guy who helps me win games.
Do you watch many Canucks games? Honest question, because if you've watched any in like the past two years then you'd see that Hughes carries us and Horvat has not been as much as an impact player as you think. Miller, Hughes, and Demko are the drivers.

Good to know that Horvat does still have perceived value around the league. I'm sure he'll do better on a better team as well.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Do you watch many Canucks games? Honest question, because if you've watched any in like the past two years then you'd see that Hughes carries us and Horvat has not been as much as an impact player as you think. Miller, Hughes, and Demko are the drivers.

Good to know that Horvat does still have perceived value around the league. I'm sure he'll do better on a better team as well.
Yup watch lots. I live in the West. I don't think Hughes carries the team at all. Demko, Miller and Horvat are your most impactful players. EP is really good when he's on, but very inconsistent. I like Hughes to Barrie. Similar type of players.

mattydamon

May 2, 2011
Victoria, BC
Yup watch lots. I live in the West. I don't think Hughes carries the team at all. Demko, Miller and Horvat are your most impactful players. EP is really good when he's on, but very inconsistent. I like Hughes to Barrie. Similar type of players.

Sorry but I can't believe you actually watch lots of Canucks games if you think this.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I have a hard time believing this if you think Horvat is that impactful and Hughes doesn't control the flow of the game. Hughes to Barrie is not a good comparison. Sorry but these are lazy observations.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Sorry but I can't believe you actually watch lots of Canucks games if you think this.
Doesn't matter what you believe or don't. Winning teams don't build around defensemen like Hughes. You have to be able to defend, Hughes can't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad