Prospect Info: Rutger McGroarty, 2022 NHL Draft, #14 Overall

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Mike McIntyre reported on WST he’s heard a few deals got real close, but the trading team was turned off by McG’s attitude/demands.
This kid is really poisoning the well. The GM group is a small fraternity of mostly guys who battled to eke out careers with many falling short. Rutger’s sense of unearned entitlement will be rubbing many GMs the wrong way. Chevy will no doubt grind this down and come out with a decent return. But man I hope this kid’s career turns to shit.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
This kid is really poisoning the well. The GM group is a small fraternity of mostly guys who battled to eke out careers with many falling short. Rutger’s sense of unearned entitlement will be rubbing many GMs the wrong way. Chevy will no doubt grind this down and come out with a decent return. But man I hope this kid’s career turns to shit.
Crazy if true

Chevy bends over backwards to try to accommodate the kid by dealing him and Rutger still finds a way to f*** Chevy

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
I'll have to disagree... this same fraternity of GMs gave Evander Kane multiple chances, signed DeAngelo, snagged Corey Perry, etc... if someone thinks McGro can help them keep their job, he's in

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I'll have to disagree... this same fraternity of GMs gave Evander Kane multiple chances, signed DeAngelo, snagged Corey Perry, etc... if someone thinks McGro can help them keep their job, he's in
Yup, and they'll be f***ing the other 30 GMs because by caving to this kid (and Cutter before him), they are sending a message that this bullshit is a successful way for these kids to end up where they want to

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
If the demands and attitude of this guy is true, I’m ok with Chevy burying him for 2 years. F-ck him and his representatives. Sometimes a point has to be made, even with the cost of losing the asset in the end (that’s why I’m not a GM)

Edit: I hope the next CBA addresses this.

Last edited:

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Yup, and they'll be f***ing the other 30 GMs because by caving to this kid (and Cutter before him), they are sending a message that this bullshit is a successful way for these kids to end up where they want to
There's no GM labour union I believe... if so, Lindros wouldn't have played in the NHL

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Those guys all got into the league and proved out their relative NHL talent. GM’s could make their warts and all calculus. Currently Rutger is not proven and might be indirectly or directly cock blocking the GM(s) who are willing to plug their nose now to take a risk on an unproven diva they like. However, to get a deal done Chevy will need value, if Rutger squashes his value he might be back to college this year.

Now if he was proven, history tells us some desperate GM’s will do a deal with any talented enough devil to save their job, or win, but right now team Rutger might be blocking Rutger from getting traded.

At least it’s providing some summertime drama.

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
That's crazy, the dude has Carl Lindros for a father, or what's going on here??
Gut would tell me bad advise/people around him. I can’t see any reason he would do a massive 180 from last years prospect camp to what we currently have without someone in his ear.
Most divorces start amicably until family/friends and lawyers get involved. I think that’s what we have here.

Edited to appease larmex99 lol

Last edited:

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Mike McIntyre reported on WST he’s heard a few deals got real close, but the trading team was turned off by McG’s attitude/demands.

I will cheer for the kid if he fixes his attitude, comes in, and tries to be a good player. This entitlement he seems to have towards wanting to play in the NHL and be rewarded immediately is not what he needs to do. You are not a top flight talent. You don't get to dictate what you want to do.

I also wonder if maybe he's getting some bad advice. Somebody's gassing him up.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
It’s really a page out of his USNDT teammate Cutter Gautier’s playbook. Flyer fans were furious with him for doing pretty much the exact same thing. Gauthier got his way and will be lacing up for Anaheim next season. So far it seems like Chevy is more patient and McGroarty is twiddling his thumbs for now.

That crop on that USNDT including Nazar and also McG’s Michigan teammate Brindley were all in a rush to play in the NHL right f***ing now.

As a Jets fan all I care about is getting the best deal we can and if that takes time then it’s an added bonus. I would prefer McG’s bluff be called and that he is forced to go back to Michigan for a season while all his buddies play in the NHL. Now I only want that if it helps our return. If the trade return value is too low then let him rot.

If he had wanted to get to the NHL quicker he should have signed a year ago, put in a season with the Moose and been ready for the Jets this year. Probably.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Gut would tell me bad advise/people around him. I can’t see any reason he would do a massive 180 from last years prospect camp to what we currently have without someone in his ear.
Most divorces start amicably until family/friends and lawyers get involved. I think that’s what we have here.

Especially true if you get involved with your wife's sister BEFORE the divorce

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
How about trade him to the Hawks for 20 year old prospect d-man Ethan del Mastro and Toronto's 2025 1st round pick (most likely in the 20's somewhere).

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
If he had wanted to get to the NHL quicker he should have signed a year ago, put in a season with the Moose and been ready for the Jets this year. Probably.
Guy wanted to be big man on campus and go directly to the show. Sometimes we need a reality check and/or swift kick to the ass at that age.

I hope dude gets traded to a team in regular season purgatory for the next 10 years.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Those guys all got into the league and proved out their relative NHL talent. GM’s could make their warts and all calculus. Currently Rutger is not proven and might be indirectly or directly cock blocking the GM(s) who are willing to plug their nose now to take a risk on an unproven diva they like. However, to get a deal done Chevy will need value, if Rutger squashes his value he might be back to college this year.

Now if he was proven, history tells us some desperate GM’s will do a deal with any talented enough devil to save their job, or win, but right now team Rutger might be blocking Rutger from getting traded.

At least it’s providing some summertime drama.
All those guys are proven locker room poison...

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015

Maybe his parents are already spending their money in hopes of getting his :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad