Prospect Info: Rutger McGroarty, 2022 NHL Draft, #14 Overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I have to say i really hope Chevy takes his time and gets a good trade for McGroarty . Do we really think with what McGroarty is already asking for before he even gets on the ice that if we did cave and sign him and he became a decent player he wouldn't demand way too much money on his first contract anyway? The signs are definitely there that's for sure.

Exactly!
Nothing but trouble there and that is probably why all 31 other teams are hesitant about acquiring him.

It isn't just that he would demand too much on his contracts but who knows what else he might demand? A private dressing room? :laugh:
Captain material my ass!

At this rate he will have little choice but to stay in NCAA for another 2+ years. We will get a 2nd in compensation. Someone will sign the prima donna. But he will continue to be a problem child.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
I'm sitting here with Chevy...

We are enjoying a glorious summer evening... the sun lowering on the horizon...

The ripples on the lake relax us... as we sip on these cold beers...

We are in no rush...

Why rush... ?

:partytime:

:popcorn:
1721172604252.png

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
I'm sitting here with Chevy...

We are enjoying a glorious summer evening... the sun lowering on the horizon...

The ripples on the lake relax us... as we sip on these cold beers...

We are in no rush...

Why rush... ?

:partytime:

:popcorn:
Ok...I'm sitting on the dock at this very moment, with Chevy. There there are certainly black clouds on the horizon, but we are not perturbed in the least.

tempImageXzpeYi.png

Almost all of this is true....

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Name, Image, and Likeness. Athletes ability to get paid through marketing and promotion while they are in College.
So basically he got a taste of the scratch and he's big man on campus now...ugh...I say let him rot in school. McGonadary can be that super senior rolling up on the sophomores in his Honda Civic SI that he calls "The PantyDropper" with his collar popped and a megadouche smile.

Apparently McG is a late 80's movie Villain...we shoulda seen it coming!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
So basically he got a taste of the scratch and he's big man on campus now...ugh...I say let him rot in school. McGonadary can be that super senior rolling up on the sophomores in his Honda Civic SI that he calls "The PantyDropper" with his collar popped and a megadouche smile.

Apparently McG is a late 80's movie Villain...we shoulda seen it coming!

At this point it’s hard to gauge if Rutger’s NIL revenue would be equal to his potential AHL contract. I just don’t know enough about what NCAA hockey players are making.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
At this point it’s hard to gauge if Rutger’s NIL revenue would be equal to his potential AHL contract. I just don’t know enough about what NCAA hockey players are making.
Someone reported only a handful of hockey players make more than 6 figures. Maybe it was on wst or ic

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I wonder what the NCAA has done with respect to what used to happen in the NCAA prior to the rule change at some schools? Envelopes of cash, cars "donated", etc.

Don't get me wrong, I think the move to allowing NCAA athletes to earn some sort of revenue is mostly a good thing given how much income they generate for their educational institution. But in the past there were all manner of rules violations and some players and/or recruits were magically gifted a car by a distant aunt and the players seldom seemed short of cash. Not at all universities of course, but many of the more consistently high finishing schools in football and basketball always seemed to have some sort of shadow hanging over them (cough*Louisville*cough).

Hockey I wouldn't think would be generating all that much NIL relative to basketball or football, so I just wonder if the other avenues are still employed. If so, it wouldn't take all that much to reach the equivalent of an AHL salary. Then you get the benefit of being BMOC in an, erm, target rich, environment with some income and other monetary/other benefits. To a young kid, that's probably not all that bad a compromise, though they should probably be eyeing up their future more than their present. Still, I can see how that mindset would exist.

Reactions: John Agar and ps241

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
How much does he make in NIL? More than AHL money for sure

Someone estimated a few pages back based on published numbers of what players are making in top college sports and the consensus was it was unlikely that he or other hockey players are making much at all. Doubtful it is more than AHL money, certainly not when you account for the signing bonuses.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I mean, he'd make the Jets roster.

But if he wants to play in a big city it'll be hard to trade him considering he has a strong NTC.
says who other than a bunch of usernames on a forum? the root of this was wanting to avoid being in the AHL. if he had a chance to make the Jets roster he probably would've signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad