Rundblad

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Piffle

Oct 31, 2007
I really hope Rundblad can draw in sometime in this 3 games in 4 nights swing. Rozy can use the rest to stay effective and Rundblad doesn't need to be gathering so much dust.

946bJdr.jpg

CoachQ

Aug 23, 2014
Tinley Park, IL.
After going with 5 defensemen last night for the third, I'm guessing that either Rozy or Clendening sits on Friday. What I'd like to see is Runblad in for both LA games, taking Clendening's spot on Friday and Rozy's spot on Saturday. This way Rozy will be rested for "Wednesday Night Rivalry" against the team from riotland.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I expected nothing from Rundblad, but have to admit he's shown a few flashes of being a serviceable player. Q genuinely doesn't seem to like him, though, so I have a feeling Rundblad won't be around much longer.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Rundblad should be availible for something cheap, considering that he doesn't seem to be very trusted/liked by the coaching staff?

What would it take, 5th 2015?

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Rundblad should be availible for something cheap, considering that he doesn't seem to be very trusted/liked by the coaching staff?

What would it take, 5th 2015?

Rundblad might have been made available at some point this year had Trevor van Riemsdyk's kneecap not shattered, but the Hawks can't afford to get rid of him at this time, particularly with his cap hit so great for this season.

And if he was moved it would take more than a 5th. Hawks gave up a 2nd to get him.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Agree with HGF, his cheap cap hit and the injury of TVR makes it harder to part ways with him.

We've also seen him play some great games this year. Just have to hope that he can become a more consistent player throughout the rest of the season.

LandofLincoln*

If the Hawks could get Runblad to sign 2 years 675,000 - 700,000 a season it works...

He's ideally a perfect inexpensive #7 that will develop into a #5 in 2-3 years.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
If the Hawks could get Runblad to sign 2 years 675,000 - 700,000 a season it works...

He's ideally a perfect inexpensive #7 that will develop into a #5 in 2-3 years.

Man, I still think he has more upside than that but I agree with you. That would be ideal.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Man, I still think he has more upside than that but I agree with you. That would be ideal.

I think he does too. If we can hold onto him for a good cap hit than that is what I would do.
He has promise for sure and just may need another year or two to fully mature into a # 4 I think.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Bump.

Really happy with Rundy's progression this year. His anticipation and decisiveness is leaps and bounds better than last year. Q giving him some PP time has to be a big confidence boost.

Robsker

Nov 8, 2014
Bump.

Really happy with Rundy's progression this year. His anticipation and decisiveness is leaps and bounds better than last year. Q giving him some PP time has to be a big confidence boost.

I agree. Runblad has doubtless improved in every aspect of his game and is now a legit average to maybe even slightly, slightly above average #6 D-man. And... he is getting better as we speak.

I think the Hawks will have two trustworthy young, cheap D-men for next year (Runblad and TvR) to go along with Keith, Seabrook and Hammer. Just one guy away from a complete set for next year (in this, I assume that Rozi and Oduya will be gone). Who will that one guy be. But for now... Runblad has earned his keep and is improving.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Keith Seabrook
Hjalmarsson TUR
Runblad Erixon

or if Oduya stays for a friendly cap hit:

Keith Seabrook
Hjalmarsson Oduya
TUR Runblad/Erixon ( 6/7 )

I'm OK with these pairings.

Nothingman*

Keith Seabrook
Hjalmarsson TUR
Runblad Erixon

or if Oduya stays for a friendly cap hit:

Keith Seabrook
Hjalmarsson Oduya
TUR Runblad/Erixon ( 6/7 )

I'm OK with these pairings.

Oduya, to stay, would basically have to take $1mm which he isn't going to do. Plenty of teams will pay him more. I do not think Erixson will stick around either. TVR will not be given a spot after such an injury either.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
He seems to be getting better at his positioning (outside of yesterday when the puck deflected off his leg).

Between better positioning and his above-average passing ability, he can become a solid bottom-pairing defensemen.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Bump.

Honestly, I don't know if he's progressed as a player so much as he's finally accrued enough ice time to get used to the Hawks system.

Q needs to give that third pair more ice-time though. One, so we can actually get an idea of where our defensive depth is, and two, because we shouldn't pile on ice time to Keith, Seabs and the Swedish twins if we want them at their best in the playoffs.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Oduya, to stay, would basically have to take $1mm which he isn't going to do. Plenty of teams will pay him more. I do not think Erixson will stick around either. TVR will not be given a spot after such an injury either.

We can't say for sure that Oduya would need to sign for 1m in order for him to stay. There are a lot of moving parts here … who goes? Bickell, Sharpie … Shaw? Do we bring in another dman like Boychuk for example? We'll see how TVR does once he returns .. should take him a couple of weeks of playing some sheltered minutes to now for sure if he can come back this year or not.
We have some questions for sure but for this year at least we have:
Keith/Seabs
Hammer/Oduya
Rozi/Runblad/TVR/Erixon
With one of the above getting moved at the deadline ( one or two even of the four on the 3rd pairing )

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
We can't say for sure that Oduya would need to sign for 1m in order for him to stay. There are a lot of moving parts here … who goes? Bickell, Sharpie … Shaw? Do we bring in another dman like Boychuk for example? We'll see how TVR does once he returns .. should take him a couple of weeks of playing some sheltered minutes to now for sure if he can come back this year or not.
Keith/Seabs
Hammer/Oduya
Rozi/Runblad/TVR/Erixon
With one of the above getting moved at the deadline ( one or two even of the four on the 3rd pairing )

I don't see any of the core moving. I also do not see Shaw moving. He's still on a really good contract and he brings a lot to the table at his cap hit. If the cap is at 73M, they probably deal Bickell, resign Saad @ 2.3-2.7M/yr (Schwartz/Leddy deal seem like a reasonable comp as an RFA) and then we'll see what the numbers are on Kruger. Let the UFAs walk. Maybe consider Carcillo for the 12th/13th forward spot.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Keith/Seabs
Hammer/Oduya
Rozi/Runblad/TVR/Erixon

I love Odie, but I think he's gone this season.

His age and his likely cap hit just don't make sense for a team with so much defensive depth in their system.

Plus - and maybe I turn out to be wrong on this - I think Hammer has developed into the kind of player that can take somebody a little green/flawed and make it work. Hell, he did it with Oduya, when he showed up with a reputation for softness and turnovers.

I will be standing and clapping when Oduya makes his first return to the UC with a new team and gets the video package treatment. He's been a key cog. But the realities of the cap are going to force Stan's hands I think.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Oduya is still the same player. Hammer has been carrying him for two years now. I'm glad Hammer directs him alot in Swedish anyways, so he'll be fine. Did just as well with Campbell on his pairing a few years back.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
I love Odie, but I think he's gone this season.

His age and his likely cap hit just don't make sense for a team with so much defensive depth in their system.

Plus - and maybe I turn out to be wrong on this - I think Hammer has developed into the kind of player that can take somebody a little green/flawed and make it work. Hell, he did it with Oduya, when he showed up with a reputation for softness and turnovers.

I will be standing and clapping when Oduya makes his first return to the UC with a new team and gets the video package treatment. He's been a key cog. But the realities of the cap are going to force Stan's hands I think.

Even Oduya knows he's gone this summer. I swear I saw an article about it a few weeks ago.

It's kind of funny that he's squandering his previous two stellar years with his awful play in a contract year now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad